[THEME] Red Glass For UD 2.0

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Let me know if you find any issues but this should be done and FINAL. This is for UD2.0.0 I made this for the D1 but I believe it should work on the Dinc if anyone wants to test it out. PLEASE NOTE.. New ROM, haven't even installed it on my phone yet. If there are issues, let me know so I can fix them.

UD's Buggy Apps...
Down at the bottom of this post, I have attached a .zip file that will revert the camera, calculator, bluetooth and 3Dgallery back to a working order. Install the zip as an update.zip thru CW. You do not need to rename it.

ADDED: Themed UD's new Phone app, the media uoploader app and the media provider app. USE whatever FONT YOU WANT NOW!!

Props to Cuttalott (wherever you are).

This time around, I did not port the theme. It was done by hand so hopefully that provides a better "complete" job.

www.metamorphosex.com/TheDudeAbidesRed.zip

UPDATE: Thanks to drrickryp, the theme now works on the Incredible! Not only did he show me why it didn't work so I could fix it but, he did it himself AND posted it so that I could get it and put it up on my website for anyone to use!!! GOOD STUFF!

www.metamorphosex.com/RedDudeThemeInc.zip

Apps included and themed..

Browser
Calendar
Contacts
DeskClock
DownloadProvider
Email
Facebook (thanks to jasonppp)
GenieWidget
Gmail
GoogleQuickSearch
Mms
Music
Phone
Settings
SpareParts
Talk
Twitter (thanks to jasonppp)
Vending (Market)
YouTube (thanks to jasonppp)

I am taking requests....let me know what app you want themed. You will have to post the apk file though. I don't want to install a bunch of apps that I may not be in need of or using. You can ask though, I may already have the app on my phone.

AS ALWAYS.. make a backup before you install. I used CW to install. Should work just fine and dandy with SP but.. I don't know cause I didn't try it.

I NEED NEW SCREENSHOTS!!!! If you have the time, post up or PM me and I will put your screen here in the OP with credit. 1st come 1st served.

Wallpapers and extra icons www.metamorphosex.com/Wallpapers_&_Icons.zip Just unzip the file and put the unzipped folder on your SD card.

I thought this would be beneficial to some (most, maybe) people.

If you are a swype user, I reccomend this link MetaMorph themes for swype

If you are a D2 keyboard (multi-touch) user, I reccomend this link Droid 2 keyboard Mods

My theme uses the stock keyboard. I personally use the D2 keyboard. Skeaky_zekey, who made the swype one and thebowers, who made the D2 one did a NICE job on these in many colors. Yes red is one of them.

I give these links for ease of use in conforming to the color red if using my theme. I in no way helped either of these guys make those and I am taking 0 credit for anything. I just thought it would help those looking for a complete look to the phone.

snap20101109_224447.png
snap20101109_224242.png

snap20101109_224251.png
snap20101109_224318.png

snap20101109_224337.png
snap20101109_224358.png

snap20101109_224413.png
snap20101109_224227.png

Attachments

• UD_App_Fixes.zip
    863.3 KB · Views: 308
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just tried to install this theme - stuck in a boot loop. installed as update.zip. tried twice - bootloop both times.

Yeah same here. Wish there was an error log I could see. Oh well, troubleshooting in the dark. I'm going to take the link down and work on it when I get home from work. Just have to go thru and install, put another app in, install put another app in etc... until I find the culprit.

arsonik

Reaction score
yeah me too. but it wouldnt even go back to the ultimate droid rom i had before. had to restore my old lithium mod rom to stop the loop

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was able to restore to UD 2.0 without any problems

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
arsonik.. that's strange. I was able to go right back to my last backup (UD1.0.0)

ok, leaving now. Probably be about 8:30 I get back at it. With luck, by 9pm It's fixed. My MY luck, see you guys next week..lol

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
we will see. Now that I installed UD 2 and messed with it, He has made some pretty big changes to the noti bar and contacts. I am thinking the noti bar is where I went wrong. We will see soon.

Test 1.. pulling all the apps I modded except the framework. See... I'm working on it :)
That didn't go well..lol Test 2...

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still trying to get the dang thing to work without boot looping. Which, from what I have seen, so is every other themer. Working on it now man.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The thing that takes the longest is pulling battery, rebooting into recovery and restoring a backup..lol If I could skip that part and just install my tweaks to see if they work this would be a lot faster.

warrior21

Reaction score
The thing that takes the longest is pulling battery, rebooting into recovery and restoring a backup..lol If I could skip that part and just install my tweaks to see if they work this would be a lot faster.
It definitely would save you some time. Take your time man, your hard work is appreciated

Sent from my Droid

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now were getting somewhere. NO BOOT LOOP. Now, I need to rummage thru it and make sure nothing was missed.

Looks like I got almost everything! Now I just need to edit his new phone.apk, his keyboard and then stick facebook, youtube and twitter in there.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK we are good to go. I am uploading the theme now. Give it a minute to load. When I installed it I thought I was going to loop but I didn't. This may have a few changes coming down the road. Mainly, I am pretty damn proud of my in call dialer edits and I want to implement them so they are there when dialing a number too. Also, the keyboard is not themed in any way. I edited it but nothing took. No one uses the stock keyboard anyway so use the 2 links for different keyboards here in the OP of my thread.