[THEME] RadioActive for Apex

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@ Plower.net

Any chance of gettin this ported to Liberty?

gasp... you dare ask that question here in the house of apex?

Sure, I can probably get that done in a night or two.

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know I had a moment of weakness.....thanks bro

lol,

It'll really only take me a few minutes to port, I just have to find the time. I also want to get the dialer done before I do anything else. That'll be fun too since Liberty uses the aosp dialer. I'll get two of them to theme at once.

I'd do it at work, but the graphic editing is pretty obvious :). If I didn't need to theme the dialer(I have to because I say so), I could port it right here right now. But you'll just have to wait. Hopefully I'll get to it tonight.

BTW, how do you like Liberty. I tried it and really liked it, but I can't see any reason not to use apex.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score

lol,

It'll really only take me a few minutes to port, I just have to find the time. I also want to get the dialer done before I do anything else. That'll be fun too since Liberty uses the aosp dialer. I'll get two of them to theme at once.

I'd do it at work, but the graphic editing is pretty obvious :). If I didn't need to theme the dialer(I have to because I say so), I could port it right here right now. But you'll just have to wait. Hopefully I'll get to it tonight.

BTW, how do you like Liberty. I tried it and really liked it, but I can't see any reason not to use apex.

That sounds great! I have tried most of the roms but I always come back to Apex. I loaded up Liberty yesterday and so far I'm really diggin it. The main reason that I'm using it is because I really really like the toolbox and all of the features it has (only problem has been the server). I like how the toolbox is linked to the market so updates are a breeze. I'm going to continue to use it for now until Fab drops somethin new, I have a feeling the next Apex is going to be EPIC! Have you tried Liberty?

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

lol,

That sounds great! I have tried most of the roms but I always come back to Apex. I loaded up Liberty yesterday and so far I'm really diggin it. The main reason that I'm using it is because I really really like the toolbox and all of the features it has (only problem has been the server). I like how the toolbox is linked to the market so updates are a breeze. I'm going to continue to use it for now until Fab drops somethin new, I have a feeling the next Apex is going to be EPIC! Have you tried Liberty?

Yeah, I tried it. Its crazy fast, but I couldn't see a huge improvement over Apex. I'm a little nuts, so one of the things I check are that all the usb modes work flawlessly. Liberty does not, on pc mode and media sync, the mtp device drivers do not load. I know I can use the motorola media sync software stuff, and that works perfect, but it drives me nuts that it just doesn't work.

I'm not 100% sure what's wrong with me on that note, as I never actually use the feature, but I can never seem to get over it. Also, I don't believe Liberty supports hdmi output yet. Again, I don't use it, don't even have a micro hdmi cable.

I guess I always think "What if I want to use that, then I'll have to flash a new rom", then I switch back to apex where it all just works.

But I like changing things, so probably once or twice a week I'll flash another rom for a while. I really like DarkSlide, and I hear the new Rubix from Drod will be pretty sweet. I tend to stay away from tranquility because those guys are mad geniuses, but they are a bit sneaky as all mad geniuses are :)

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
lol,

Yeah, I tried it. Its crazy fast, but I couldn't see a huge improvement over Apex. I'm a little nuts, so one of the things I check are that all the usb modes work flawlessly. Liberty does not, on pc mode and media sync, the mtp device drivers do not load. I know I can use the motorola media sync software stuff, and that works perfect, but it drives me nuts that it just doesn't work.

I'm not 100% sure what's wrong with me on that note, as I never actually use the feature, but I can never seem to get over it. Also, I don't believe Liberty supports hdmi output yet. Again, I don't use it, don't even have a micro hdmi cable.

I guess I always think "What if I want to use that, then I'll have to flash a new rom", then I switch back to apex where it all just works.

But I like changing things, so probably once or twice a week I'll flash another rom for a while. I really like DarkSlide, and I hear the new Rubix from Drod will be pretty sweet. I tend to stay away from tranquility because those guys are mad geniuses, but they are a bit sneaky as all mad geniuses are :)

Liberty is very quick. You are right though, there are a few issues that need to be addressed. I guess thats why I always have a Apex nandroid ready for battle if the situation calls for it.

To be honest I have never really been down with Rubix mainly due to the fact that I like "some blur," such as the Camera and FM radio. I like the toolbox set up in Liberty with the ability to load or unload blur with the press of a button.

I haven't tried Darkslide but I hear its pretty sick. As for Tranquility, like you were saying, It truly is a thin line between genius and insanity ha ha ha.

The one thing I find truly amazing is the amount of followers/people viewing Liberty has had rite out of the gate, its a trip. I have even seen Fab showing love in a thread or two. Good things are comming with a bunch of the developers teaming up, its a dam good time to be alive!

PACanesFan

Reaction score
^ I was bored last night and decided to flash Liberty. Great ROM. Fast and well constructed. What holds me back from any Blurless ROM is: 1) No HDMI out (which I do use from time to time), and 2) The Android stock email app is next to worthless.

I did like the amount of themes available for it though. And the pure speed.

I hate to say it though, although Blur is laggy, there is a lot of functionality there. Hence why I am back to Apex. It's how Blur should be.

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
^ I was bored last night and decided to flash Liberty. Great ROM. Fast and well constructed. What holds me back from any Blurless ROM is: 1) No HDMI out (which I do use from time to time), and 2) The Android stock email app is next to worthless.

I did like the amount of themes available for it though. And the pure speed.

I hate to say it though, although Blur is laggy, there is a lot of functionality there. Hence why I am back to Apex. It's how Blur should be.

fyi, I found a great email program on the market if you need better exchange integration called improved email. I use that on any non-blur rom while I can stand using them :)

jlambeth1

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know plower that I just put your theme on and it kicks ass! Keep up the excellent work!

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
@Plower

Bro, I just loaded up your theme for Liberty that someone over on android forum loaded up. The only problem is I gotta fever.......and the only prescription is an update with more of that epic green! I pray you got somethin commin down the pipeline cuz this theme is changin the game.

Any chance you could start a thread in the Liberty section? I would love to do it for ya! I really want to eventually see RadioActive in the Liberty Theme Toolbox........if you get it set up and dont mind I'm guna talk to JRummy

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@Plower

Bro, I just loaded up your theme for Liberty that someone over on android forum loaded up. The only problem is I gotta fever.......and the only prescription is an update with more of that epic green! I pray you got somethin commin down the pipeline cuz this theme is changin the game.

Any chance you could start a thread in the Liberty section? I would love to do it for ya! I really want to eventually see RadioActive in the Liberty Theme Toolbox........if you get it set up and dont mind I'm guna talk to JRummy

Updated....Need sleep....

Official RadioActive theme is up in liberty rom section. Unfortunately I'm too tired to test it fully now, so please let me know if any issues/oddities in the theme...