Theme Question: Blurred v Blurless

asaunders

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've been getting the hang of this rooting and ROMing but there is one thing that I've wanted to know. As far as themes go, what are:

Blurred Themes
Blurless Themes
Watermarked Themes

Thanks for any and all answers

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blurred themes are for blur phones, blurless themes for blurless roms, and watermark'd is a theme by stewart1champ

Wildrat

Reaction score
OK, I have been using my old Droid since it came out. The other night my wife surprised me with a new Droid X. I was using Cyanogen with that phone and enjoyed it much.
I am a noob to this DX, but had it rooted with in minutes after activation which took longer.
I am also clueless to this Blur and Blur-less stuff.
Thanks to the previous poster I now know that blurred themes are for blurred phones and blur-less themes are for blur-less phones.
So what is a blurred and blur-less phone?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
1) Blur ROMs are ROMS that are built around and utilize a large part of the MotoBlur UI. If you have a stock DX or D2, then you are infact running a factory Blur ROM. Some of the widgets you have access to are labled Motorola Widgets...these are not found in most Blur-less ROMS. Now, I havent seen any Blur ROMs for phones that didnt come with Blur already, by default Motorola phones...thats not to say that some Dev out there hasnt made a Blur Rom for an HTC phone..its just not likely...:)

2) Blur-less ROMs, by definition, are ROMs that do not use Blur, or if they do, it is a very small portion such as Liberty. There is probably a Blur-less ROM out there for every phone that shipped with MotoBlur from the factory...not saying they are all equal, just that there is a good chance you ca find a Blur-less ROM for your device if you hunt long enough.

3) It is highly recommended that you use the proper themes for the type ROM you use..as well as using the proper ROM for the phone you have. An example would be trying to load the latest Cygenomod onto your new spiffy Droid X...both Droid 1s and Droid X`s are made by Motorola, but that are actually worlds apart and therefore do not use the same ROMs...

Any other question, feel free to ask as I am sure someone can answer...:)

Wildrat

Reaction score
It has already helped. Now for a rom. I was thinking I would check out Liberty first, maybe Cyanogen will be here for the DX when I tire of Liberty, if I tire of it
. Thanks Again.