1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

{THEME PORT} Honeycomb Theme for Project Elite v4.2

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by pistol_pete, Mar 16, 2011.

1. pistol_pete

pistol_pete New Member

Port of Honeycomb Theme for Project Elite 5.0.x to Project Elite v4.2

HUGE thank you to MBK for coming through with the framework edits needed to get the narrow progress bars ported over. Everything is virtually the same as the theme for 5.0.x except for some changes to the notification panel that I thought looked a little nicer. All the lockscreen and battery mods have also been ported over to work with v4.2 - Enjoy!

*Disclaimer* - Let me start by saying that this is really my first excursion into themeing. Saw this theme the other night posted up for CM7 here -(
    xda-developers - View Single Post - Honeycomb Theme - CM7 Theme - Alpha 4). Problem is, I love Project Elite way too much to leave it, so I decided to try and get it running on P.E. I then spent three straight days editing apks, xmls, pngs, and making alot of my own pngs to tweak it until I thought it was perfect, and I'm happy to say it's up and running and (IMHO) looking really good! That being said: ALWAYS! make a nandroid backup in case something goes wrong and you wanna go back.

*So here's the basics
    :

-
    you MUST have Project Elite v4.2 installed before running this update.zip

-this is in update.zip format for Project Elite v4.2 ONLY! simply boot into recovery and choose install .zip *(SPRecovery users must have the .zip file on the root of your sd card and renamed exactly update.zip

-there are 2 wallpapers included in the download. You can extract them out of a folder called sdcard and place them on your sdcard. (not sure how to write the script for the zip to do this automatically yet {still learning})

-update.zip file added to the bottom of the OP to reflash the Stock Droid font pack should you wish to do so.

*credit goes first to haxzamatic @ xda for the original theme

Apps themed and included in this zip:

Browser
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    CarHome
    Contacts
    DeskClock
    Email
    Facebook 1.5.1(credit to jatx2wne for the inversion, themeing done myself)
    framework-res
    GenieWidget (credit to jatx2wne for the inversion and transparency)
    *uninstall previous versions first
    Gmail (credit to ecsnead69 for the inversion, themeing done myself)
    GoogleQuickSearchBox
    LatinIME
    LauncherPro (credit to signals23 for the original LP mod)
    Mms
    (credit to Jatx2wne for the inversion)
    *you must go into app settings and check "Black Background"
    Music
    Phone
    Settings
    Talk
    Vending 2.3.4 (credit to
    ecsnead69 and jatx2wne for the inversion and transparency, themeing done myself)

*pulled the market out due to it not properly installing over the same version. Vending.apk must be installed over an older version (2.3.3 or older) - it will not write over itself to install, it will just simply disappear. Here it is separately for now for anyone that wants to try install it on their own.
    Vending_2.3.4_update.zip
    *Stetsonaw posted a great workaround for this
    here that might help some of you.

Market screenshots

[​IMG] [​IMG]

*Also make sure to go into Elite Settings and change the status bar and Notification panel font colors for the full effect. I changed the Date (#ff6699ff); Carrier PLMN Label (#ff6699ff)
    ; No Notifications Title (#ff000000); Latest Notifications Title (#ff000000); and Ongoing Notifications Title (#ff000000); Item title (#ff000000);Item text (#ffa0a0a0); Item Progress Bar Text (#ffa0a0a0); Item Time (#ffa0a0a0).

*includes the boot animation from the xoom!

Download link:

Project Elite v4.2 Honeycomb update.zip

Extras:

Lockscreen slider mods:
    *flashable update.zip format

transparent everything lockscreen mod update.zip
    *transparent tabs and icons - visible when touched - tabs blue when activated

transparent tabs lockscreen mod update.zip
    *transparent tabs - icons always visible - tabs blue when activated

blue tabs lockscreen mod update.zip
    *blue tabs always - icons always visible

Circle battery mods:
    *flashable update.zip format (credit to Justin @ droidpirate.com for original images) All 5% increments have been added to these files.

Circle battery icons no tabs update.zip
    *for use with lockscreen that came with theme (icons, but no tabs)

Circle battery invisible lockscreen update.zip
    *use if you have the invisible lockscreen mod and want to keep it

(to go back to regular battery - make a backup to revert to prior to flashing these mods, or reflash the main theme file.)

Battery percentage mods:
    *flashable update.zip format - After working on the circle battery mods above, I realized how much I missed the percentages in the status bar, so I added them to the stock images. They turned out a little on the small side, but they are readable and the white at the bottom matches the network / wifi signal bars next to it anyhow, so it doesn't really take anything away from the look of the status bar. I figured as long as I made them, I might as well post them up in case any of you wanna try them out. As always, make a backup before installing so it's easy to go right back if you want to.

Battery percents icons no tabs update.zip
    *for use with lockscreen that came with theme (icons, but no tabs)

Battery percents invisible lockscreen update.zip
    *use if you have the invisible lockscreen mod and want to keep it

Elite Pro HD Icons.zip
    *copy folder to sd card and apply w/ Launcher Pro or Desktop Visualizer

Original Android font pack update.zip
    *Flash as update.zip to revert back to stock Android fonts

Transparent Droid Forums and XDA apps.zip
    *Signed apps- Extract to sd card and install with any file explorer such as astro or root explorer. My apologies to whoever made these transparent- I've had them so long I really don't remember where I got them. I just redid the selector buttons so that the selected one is transparent and the others are semi-transparent.

Pure Grid Calendar Skins.zip
    *Skins for the Pure Grid Calendar app. Extract files to the ".org.koxx.pure_grid_calendar/skins/backgrounds" folder on your sd card and apply through the app.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
  2. pistol_pete

pistol_pete New Member

Updated LauncherPro!

Here it is guys.

Thank Signals23 over @ xda for the fix. I just tweaked a few images on the calendar widget, otherwise it's all him.

-Make sure you have another launcher installed

-Uninstall your current version of LP

-Install the new apk with any file explorer

-Enjoy!

Honeycomb_LauncherPro_0.8.4.1.apk
  3. mxnut

mxnut New Member

Sweet! Will definitely have to give it a try but will make sure to be stock 4.2 first.

Thanks Pete!
  4. nornevrder

nornevrder New Member

You just made some peoples day pete. Nice job
  5. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

I can try to make a MetaMorph for this, that way they wouldn't have to flash a full update.zip just for this...
  6. armopride07

armopride07 New Member

SICK! good job! im rockin the 5.0 honeycomb right now. goin to wait a little before goin back to 4.2. good job man!
  7. stark23x

stark23x New Member

Wow. SO nice. Clean, unified, smooth. 100% better than the cobbled-together version I was Frankenstein-ing.

Beautiful work, and much thanks!
  8. ttocsm

ttocsm New Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and thanks to those who helped you finish this up. :hail:
  9. Mbk

Well I can't get MetaMorph to take this fix...well not fully that is (turned to a teal progress bar in full size like the stock green progress bar)

Anyways, I did fix it (the thin progress bar pete mentions above) ...but in an update.zip of your theme with those fixes added in... will PM pistol_pete with it and it'll be up to him whether he wants to release it or not...
  10. Mbk

I've actually also done the thin progress bar in blue as well... which I will also PM to pete, and let him decide if he wants to release it...

screenshots below...;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. stark23x

stark23x New Member

One issue I've found is that menu_background.9.png being black, more often than not the menu text is unreadable. Every app that calls that menu for me (so far) has had black text, so to solve it I copied popup_top_bright.9 and renamed it. Still looks good and totally solved the problem so far. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else had the problem as well.

BTW: TOTALLY want the skinny blue bars. WANT.
  12. ttocsm

ttocsm New Member

I really like the skinny blue progress bars. I want them too!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  13. tc122701

tc122701 New Member

+1 for the skinny blue
  14. Mbk

I'll work on adding the glow circle at the ends as well for those thin blue bars...
  15. pistol_pete

pistol_pete New Member

YOU SIR ARE A GOD AMONG MEN! Thank you for helping out with this, had me stumped for 2 weeks. I can take care of the glow circle on the seek bars - I've already got the pngs. You guys want blue, huh? I left them green on the 5.0 version just because sometimes you can get too much of the same color and it all just kind of blends together. Vote now - I'll be throwing this together pretty quickly.
  16. Mbk

Thanks for the kind word bro, I posted a MetaMorph in your 5.0 theme thread...that way those that wanted blue can simply apply that MM and those that wanted to leave it green can just stay as is...;)
  17. bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73 New Member

Thanks so much Pete! This is awesome without all the redraw that I was having on the OGD with 5.0! YAY!
  18. pistol_pete

pistol_pete New Member

Menus must be calling out a different text color than in 5.0 huh? I've never noticed anything off in that version. Can you give me an example of a few apps that you're seeing this in?
  19. Force1stiptopped

Force1stiptopped New Member

My notification pulldown has white text so it is very hard to read... but LOVEEE this theme!!!
  20. pistol_pete

pistol_pete New Member

Yeah, you gotta go into p.e. settings and change the notification colors. I put together a list of the colors I used and put it in the OP as sort of a guide, but of course you can choose whatever you like. FYI - sometimes they'll require a reboot to take effect.
Search tags for this page

download honeycomb semi transparent status bar battery perce