[Theme] NexTheme for Droid X (BETA)

avt123

Reaction score
For 2.2:

Fabolous_NexTheme_DX.zip

You must have a deodexed system first. Then, you can install the file w/ Koush's recovery (install .zip from sd card)

I'll have a more detailed write up on how to install this tonight.

Is the only deodexed system that nandroid backup that teenfaces put up? Link to thread below...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/74122-2-2-6-froyo-deodexed-themed.html

As far as I've seen, it's the only one. Of course, you could also just deodex your own system.

Is there any way to do this through terminal emulator?

jharbinson

Reaction score
WORKED!! on 2.2 ota froyo using the download on previous page. Follow the directions for deodexing on xda first then do this and your phone is friggen awesome!!!

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
bricked ?

WHats it doing exactly.

I've yet to not be able to revive a phone so tell me whats going on and I'llt try to help.

Need to know what rom you were on exactly and what your phone is doing when you try to boot it up now.

Most likely an easy fix by restoring a backup, but if worse comes to worse I can help you with a complete restore just and verizon would do to the phone if you sent it back.

If you want to keep this out of public eye you can msg me direct. I cant post the links to the file we may need here on the forums so we will have to use email for that part. Just make sure to be 100% sure about the rom you were on cause if we run the wrong backup file we will then brick the phone to no return.

when you reboot your phone if its a droid X hold power+volumeup+search button that should put you into the loader if that works we can save any phone error with rsdlite4.8 and sbf file. [the sbf file has to be the one to match the rom you were previously on or we can mess it up]

I currently have a few sbf's for the droid X alone. 3 for that matter.
if its another phone then Im sure I can search to find the proper sbf once I know what rom you had. Most likely you dont need to use this method. this is a last resort for me usually. I think we should be able to get into recovery then run a backup file you had from before trying to install the theme. I would hope you made one.