[THEME] New Theme! 1st ROM, 1st time seen... CHROME! For UD 2.1

1luvleegeek

Reaction score
Congrats, Xkape! you have really come a long way and your first theme looks amazing! do you think you will be getting your own spot in the themer's section? =)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wow, that is just strange. I mean.. some worked and some didn't. I would think it would either be all or nothing. By the way though, everything you have green is coming from framework, not the apps themselves. So, somehow your framework isn't coming over fully. hmm... If you click on the menu button, are your icons there chrome or stock?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Congrats, Xkape! you have really come a long way and your first theme looks amazing! do you think you will be getting your own spot in the themer's section? =)

1st off.. thank you! for the compliment.

2nd, I dunno. Up until now I never had anything of my own. If the mods deem it, it will be. If not, then not. I am ok either way. I have my "title" and I feel great knowing I can officially make a theme or app or something.

nmoore125

Reaction score
the green i can live with.. the keyboard on the other hand is pretty hard to live with lol.. but yea definitely driving me nuts.. I even wiped 3 different times trying to get it going.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
let me verify everything and then I will attach in my next post a framework only CW update file. We shall see if perhaps that will help at all.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have some screenshots to verify some of the weird install happenings... seems that indeed only part of your framework installed... and don't know how many of the Apps APKs...this was installed over my theme with my own install pack...

Gotta be your framework xkape... I even used my install pack, and got rid of the services'jar and build.prop... same thing... which seems to point to the framework as the cause...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
THen now, flashing back to my theme, I now have no virtual keyboard, my dialer is now back to mine, but the Settings.apk still is yours... and all of the system fonts remains the TruBlue color... don't know what to say X... did you use the UDv2.1 framework in whole, and built off of that??... seems really odd bro??

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
here is the framework....

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No kidding. Yes, I used the 2.1 framework, made my edits to the xmls..progress, status, styles, etc.. recompiled, signed and then merged my images in.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have your framework, ... usually one theme completely overwrites the other theme in whole...no?... just trying to work this out for you since this is indeed a very unique theme... just like your keyboard comes out crisp, while mine and nmoore end up with a slightly blurry one??... and also wondering why my font color is still there?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk.. I have a theory about your blue font sticking. If you install without going back to stock 1st, I did not edit colors.xml. When you apply my theme, your blue would remain as it is not part of the theme ya know? Like when you go into your themes framework, the "values" folder is gone.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk.. I have a theory about your blue font sticking. If you install without going back to stock 1st, I did not edit colors.xml. When you apply my theme, your blue would remain as it is not part of the theme ya know? Like when you go into your themes framework, the "values" folder is gone.
But if your framework-res.apk is overwriting mine, then all of that should have been overwritten...

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Damn, that looks amazing. Excellent job! I could see this theme going pretty far with more work. :-D