[THEME] New Theme! 1st ROM, 1st time seen... CHROME! For UD 2.1

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I also had some weird goings on when trying to install this theme.... It wouldn't take over another theme.... then I had to flash back to stock to get this installed. And@the layout is pretty cool but I also got some scratchy images as well. But what made it even stranger was that I couldn't flash my theme back over this one??? And had to return to stock again before installing any other theme again.... I plan to take a closer look at your compilation to see what may be causing this weird stuff, will feedback anything I see.

Didn't feel it was for me to say since many like things, but since a few have mentioned stuff I thought I'd mention my encounters...

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah i figured it was because if you came from a -v4 theme you would have to install ud again without wiping to get back to a non -v4 framework and then install my theme. However, not being able to flash back to another non -v4 theme without wiping after installing mine I will have to look into.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also. Which images are scratchy?I'm all about fixing them but I gotta know what needs cleaned up.

nmoore125

Reaction score
x as for me im not getting the crispness on my keyboard that you have.. the delete is very sharp like yours but the rest of the keys are chrome on chrome and blurry.. your screenshot is very sharp and readable.

as i mentioned on the 2 other things.. my wifi indicator is just grey. doesnt have the chrome shine appearance like your screens.

and the last is the battery icon and the phone icon (in the contacts area) both remained green vs switching to the chrome colors your screenshots have.

nmoore125

Reaction score
another thing i just noticed.. in your market screenshots the stars you show are chrome. in mine they also remained green. the rest of the market like the header and other things look identical to yours. its wierd its like half of it is taking but some things arent.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's more than likely because you had a -v4 theme at some point and mine is a non -v4 theme (don't ask, just somethign APK Manager does when compiling). Try installing UD 2.1 WITHOUT wiping and reboot. Then reinstall my theme ( or any non -v4 theme for that matter). It's always a good idea to flash stock before flashing a theme also because not every theme incorporates the same apps and you can have remnants left over.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
nmoore, what's it do? load but not all icons came over? boot loop, get stuck at the M logo?

EDIT: went back and read.. I know the answer to this question..lol

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok so you don't have black text on the keyboard and some of your noti icons aren't coming over right? Also, the chrome stars in vending?

I am getting ready to import my images into the inverted market made 100% by "thebowers". Let's see if that helps you. Also, I will put the LatinImeGoogle.. ok hey wait.. let me ask you to try something.. go into the UD settings and install the stock UD keyboard. See what that does.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you need to go get "shootme" from the market. it;s free. run it, click accept and then click hide... goto what screen you want to take a photo of and then shake the camera. you will hear the camera shutter sound. All screens are saved on the SD Card in the shootme folder.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah i figured it was because if you came from a -v4 theme you would have to install ud again without wiping to get back to a non -v4 framework and then install my theme. However, not being able to flash back to another non -v4 theme without wiping after installing mine I will have to look into.

You know that I don't deal with -v4 whatsoever, they serve no purpose whatsoever, so it has nothing to do with that.... I'm thinking it has to do with how your packing your update.zip... not sure since I haven't disected it yet...

Also. Which images are scratchy?I'm all about fixing them but I gotta know what needs cleaned up.

In you screenshots, there are some icons that have the scratched edges, like the checkmail, the phone icon on the dialer, etc... I thought that was due to the screenshots being blown up, but they look like that even when back to scale on the Droid screen size... if they were meant to be that way, then no worries, just thought I it would look clear like most of your other images once reduced in size doown to the Droid's sceensize...

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok I see what you are saying when looking at the "check mail" icon in K-9. I'll have access to Photoshop here in the next week or so. Maybe I will play with that and see about cleaning that up since I will have some more advanced capabilities.

Let me know when you look at my update package. Like say.. this is a 1st. If there is improvement to be made on that, I want to do it.