[THEME] New Theme! 1st ROM, 1st time seen... CHROME! For UD 2.1

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when the system folder runs out of memory, it just skips everything after that point. a comes before f so the app folder gets 1st love. it goes down the list installing my (bigger) apps over top of the stock UD apps. It then runs out of memory and quits installing things after that.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
eiker.. Facebook, Twitter, Google Voicemail, VZW Voicemail, Market, Gmail, Gtalk (i think).

ok..my market and gmail are not inverted, just so you know, i know this is a test version, just lettin ya know...everything else is good tho

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
have to say...im loving the way this looks, and just asking, but whats up with some chromage on the power widget?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I never touched the power widget yet. Didn't know how until after I made chrome...lol

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im using launcher pro and the when i hit menu from the homescreen, the preferences and notifications buttons arent chromaged

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I never touched the power widget yet. Didn't know how until after I made chrome...lol

well that would be a sweet addition, this is just my opinion, but ive always felt a nicely themed power widget ties the whole theme together, probably because its always atop my homescreen

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you right.. I didn't have an inverted gmail in there. market though.. let me look... well thats interesting.. I have a shortcut for the market but I don't have a market installed.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All good now. deleting the boot animation worked.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when the system folder runs out of memory, it just skips everything after that point. a comes before f so the app folder gets 1st love. it goes down the list installing my (bigger) apps over top of the stock UD apps. It then runs out of memory and quits installing things after that.
It's overwriting the framework-res while in recovery, so not sure why that would affect system Mem available... seems odd... however, I was able to apply your theme over the stock UDv2.3, but in RE it does say that there is only 36 KBs available... one way to find out if it's just misreporting... copy something over from the SDCard...

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
see man.. its a memory issue... Mbk.. im looking at you for help ...lol :)

ballmore

Reaction score
I must be having a retard moment cuz I just tried to install chrome using both Reboot/recovery and Rom Manager and it didn't take. I have 10.41mb in system. I just think that I am installing it wrong. lol I'm not even drunk, just excited about testing this out for ya.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok it seems the known issues here are memory and, you can't install it over anything but a stock UD 2.3

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
whcih, IMO.. is still a memory issue. Because themes are larger than stock UD so then even less or nothing gets installed.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk.. if you take out all the stuff I put in that UD didn't, can you then install your theme over mine? Or mine over yours?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
whcih, IMO.. is still a memory issue. Because themes are larger than stock UD so then even less or nothing gets installed.
UD ROM is huge, but yet installs over your theme... however, other themes cannot, just tried Cush2Push's Glacier over yours and nada...

And your theme can install over stock UD, but not over other themes...

Your theme definitely does use up system storage, but I think there's more going on here... let's try only your framework...