[THEME] MiuiChase Black&Blue v0.8 [UPDATED 3-9-11] with video walkthrough

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Chaisu, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Chaisu

Chaisu New Member

[THEME] MiuiChase Black&Blue v0.9 [UPDATED 3-29-11] MIUI 3.5 Gingerbread

UPDATE
    Now works with Gingerbread version of Miui (3.5), please go to link below for download links.

This theme is being consolidated into one forum at [THEME] MiuiChase Black&Blue v0.9 [UPDATED 3-29-11] More Icons & Gingerbread Support

MiuiChase
    Black&Blue
    **For MIUI Rom Only v.1.3.4**

[​IMG]

About Me
    I am not a developer but am able to learn with the help of everyone here and Google. I'm just a busy architecture student who should spend more time on school projects than android projects :)
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Can you tell us what your theme is compatible with, as in which ROMs or any side note we need to know before trying to apply it?

Screenshots look fantastic!
  3. Chaisu

Chaisu New Member

Thanks! it is a Miui theme, so it only works with the current Miui rom which is version 1.3.4. I'm running it on an Evo in the video, but it should work on any device with the Miui rom.
  4. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

That's what I figured. I've been hearing a lot about the MIUI ROM. Don't know anything about it. Only ROM I know about is Liberty and it's the only ROM I've ever tried out, lol.

But I do have a question, in your screenshot showing the Music player and the band is Arcadia, I think, is that music spectrum moving with the music when playing? That would be nifty to have!

Edit: Sorry my question is a bit off topic. I just really like the clean look of your theme and some different things I see in the screenshots.
  5. hoppermi

hoppermi New Member

That is the miui music app and you can use that on any rom. search the forums and you'll find it.
  6. Chaisu

Chaisu New Member

The Miui is worth trying out. I just started using it about two weeks ago and actually like it quite a bit.

The music spectrum does move with the music. I use to use power amp but I think the miui player is one of the best players around. You can find an apk of it to install on any rom, but the stock skin isn't all that great imho.
  7. joshoid

joshoid New Member

Very nice, Thanks!
  8. frostthejack

frostthejack New Member

So we need both to get full theme.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. Chaisu

Chaisu New Member

Yes. Currently the theme manager in Miui only allows changing png and 9.png files. Some of the text and background colors require changing xml files, that what the .zip file is for.

Like I said before, you can just apply the .mtz file through the Theme Manager without flashing the .zip, it's just that a couple of the backgrounds will remain white.
  10. robotaholic

robotaholic New Member

I registered just to tell you this is the best theme out there. Everything is perfect. Thank you.

Only because I have the htc evo with sprint, I have that phantom voicemail icon - is there a way to edit the theme so that the voicemail icon is transparent? just wondering - thx
  11. Chaisu

Chaisu New Member

I'm glad to hear you like it. I have the evo with sprint as well but have never experienced the phantom voicemail icon you're talking about.
  12. robotaholic

robotaholic New Member

see since not everyone has that problem there will never be a fix lol - well my camera started working after your theme! I tried 5 or 6 different kernels and nothing, but now it works! so Im totally staying with MIUI - after your theme, it's so sleek and smooth - and great work on the phone dialer theme part too- I really can't think of any way to improve it at all- The music player is just sweet -

If you have any plans to make any other themes, update this thread so I can keep up.

And what is the best kernel>? I don't know much about kernels but I'm using the savage zen or whatever
  13. Chaisu

Chaisu New Member

Cool man, thanks for letting me know. So many other people just complain about the theme asking me to make it green instead or stuff like that. I guess they don't know how much time it takes.

The main forum for my theme is here... so you'll see updates there when I do them.

I tried the savage kernel but just didn't get great battery life with it plus the usb didn't work. Now I use Ziggy Beta Kernel EVO CFS HAVS 21 Jan 11 Everything works for me and my battery lasts about 36 hours with normal to light use.
  14. robotaholic

robotaholic New Member

Thanks got it. No, not asking for any other colors - it's just right-

although, the zip file wouldn't flash for me - I guess it doesn't matter- Im on 1.3.5 not 1.3.4 - maybe that's why
  15. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Anyone else having bootloops? I keep getting the "Miui Chase" screen, and it pulses in and out. It's been doing this for 5 minutes straight >_>
  16. Desoto225

Desoto225 New Member

I've been getting boot loops, as well. This theme is the reason why I downloaded MIUI and I can't seem to get it to work. I can't find a download for 1.3.4 anywhere. All I can find is 1.3.5 and 1.3.25. I'm assuming it's not working for me because I don't have the right version of the rom. Does anyone have a link to where I can find 1.3.4 so I can use this theme?
  17. Chaisu

Chaisu New Member

Hey I've updated the theme to work with MIUI 3.5. Shouldn't have anymore boot loops. Check out the first post or jump straight to here [THEME] MiuiChase Black&Blue v0.9 [UPDATED 3-29-11] More Icons & Gingerbread Support

Search tags for this page

chase miui icon

myuichase