1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Theme Install Difficulties (Help?)

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by MrSpohn1, Aug 14, 2010.

1. MrSpohn1

MrSpohn1 New Member

I was having trouble installing the Watermark'd theme over my Ultimate Droid Extreme ROM. I only have SP recovery. I don't understand why this is happening. I could not install a kernel on my previous version of FRG22. I titled it update.zip (not update.zip.zip). I know that part is right, as I install ROMs in the exact same manner. It goes as follows once I hit install.

Finding update package...
    Opening update Package...
    Verifying Update Package...
    Installing Update...
    Installation aborted.

I don't get why it is aborting... sigh. Any ideas for help?
  2. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

The problem may be that Watermark doesn't appear to be designed to install via SP Recovery. From the Watermark thread:

ONLY WORKS WITH CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY
    if anyone wants to make it available as a SPRecovery option, I don't mind hosting it.

-Mike
  3. UltraDroid

To finish - I'm not at all familiar with the theme, but it appears to be available on multiple roms, but ONLY with the CM form of installation. You can download Rom Manager for free from the Market. That will give you CM installation.

-Mike
  4. MrSpohn1

MrSpohn1 New Member

Oh OK... Somebody said it was possible with SPRecovery. I just installed ClockworkMod Recovery, and it worked fine. I was wanting to stick with SPRecovery, as that is what I use, and I know how to use it thoroughly. I have also heard that ClockworkMod has many updates (which I was not to fond of). Thanks alot for the help.

Ultimate Droid Xtreme 6.0.0 Watermark'd.... Looks and runs great. I love it.
  5. UltraDroid

Like you, I'm not terribly fond of Clockwork Mod Recovery; but there are a lot of people who do like it. For my tastes, SPRecovery is the way to go.

Glad to have been of help. :)

-Mike