[Theme] Infinite Cha0s for Liberty D2G

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I apologize if this is out of place. I could not find a definite answer whether themes for the Dx or D2 work for the D2G, so figured I would post this forum specific. If this is not necessary (this is also posted in the Liberty D2 forum), then feel free to remove it. With that being said...

Alrighty then, here we go. Infinite Cha0s D2G for Liberty 2.0.1 is now up and running. I have decided to do the Market as an add-on due to various compatibility issues some testers have had. I managed to flash in succession: Market versions 2.2.7, 2.2.11, and 2.3.6 without the need to freeze the MarketUpdater, or wiping ANYTHING. Not a single force close. However, even trying to flash a themed version of the same one included in the rom (2.2.11) failed for some of my other testers, sometimes not even showing up in the app drawer at all. Long story short, flash with caution or at least take the steps detailed here: [UPDATE] Liberty Market Update (ver.2.3.6) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Features -
3D style buttons, both rectangle and round. (Round ones actually "depress").
Lots of inverted apps: Gmail, Talk, Market, Messaging, and Google Voice.
Complete theme - All apps included themed 90%+. Many have had EVERY image replaced or modified.
Sweet custom Wifi / 3G / Signal Bars / Battery icons.
Blue, white, or abstract blue pattern highlights (depending on what it is...)
Dark blue progress bar.
Too many more things to list...

Apps Included:
Browser
Calculator
Camera
Contacts
Desk Clock
Email
Gallery 3D
Gmail
Google Voice
Google Quick Search Box
Messaging
Music
Phone
Settings
Talk

Add-on:
Market 2.3.6

Obligatory screenshots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51069968@N04/5625184574/ http://www.flickr.com/people/51069968@N04/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51069968@N04/5623217525/http://www.flickr.com/people/51069968@N04/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51069968@N04/5623806008/http://www.flickr.com/people/51069968@N04/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51069968@N04/5633335150/ by ch0s3n0n3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51069968@N04/5633331862/ by ch0s3n0n3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51069968@N04/5641481358/http://www.flickr.com/people/51069968@N04/

Might upload some more a little later...kind of getting ready to run out the door...
Downloads:

Direct -
Main Theme:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/LibertyICD2G.zip
Add-on Market:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/LibertyICMarket.zip

Mirrors-
Main Theme: LibertyICD2G.zip
Add-on Market: LibertyICMarket.zip

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me here, by post, PM, or on Talk using my screen name (they are zeros, not "O"s). Hope you enjoy!

My thanks list: Hello, my name is es0tericcha0s... - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Last edited:

sid_wisc

Reaction score
GREAT JOB as always..... do I also have to reinstall? is it any different?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
E

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
GREAT JOB as always..... do I also have to reinstall? is it any different?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Nah man, if I did change anything, it wasn't much and not worth flashing again. Happy I finally got this out there for you though. :)

kickyindahead

Reaction score
hey yeah .. forgot to tell ya .. by the way .. great job on this theme .. love it .. the dang market thing still blows my mind and im still tryin to figure out why it hates me so bad .. but for the life of me i cant figure it out!!! still sportin the theme though .. i just cant figure out why the only way the market would work was when you didnt include it in the theme .. arrrggg...

OP
E

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hey yeah .. forgot to tell ya .. by the way .. great job on this theme .. love it .. the dang market thing still blows my mind and im still tryin to figure out why it hates me so bad .. but for the life of me i cant figure it out!!! still sportin the theme though .. i just cant figure out why the only way the market would work was when you didnt include it in the theme .. arrrggg...

LoL Thanks man. As far as the Market goes, I just gave up trying to understand it and decided to just go with the flow. ;)

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I am proudly flaunting this theme and can say that this is the most sickly looking theme available for the liberty!!!!!!!!!! Thanks es0tericcha0s for bringing this theme to see the light of the day... I support you and will always do so... You are the MAN!!!!!!!!

I never had any issues so far in any of your themes...... be it for Sourcery (back in the OG Droid days), Fission (which was never released) or this one which is a killer.... KUDOS chief KUDOS..............

To all of you who are not using this theme: What are you WAITING for???

PS: will load some of my screens when i reach home... Keep waiting!!!!!!!!!!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

i was trying to install this and had fc with the market also. are you saying if i install the theme, reboot, then the market it will work?
i did liberty, theme, market, rover all in one swipe lol
worked great except for the market
thanks

thanks to the op for the theme it looks awesome :)

kickyindahead

Reaction score

i was trying to install this and had fc with the market also. are you saying if i install the theme, reboot, then the market it will work?
thanks

no .. i never could get the market to work on my phone . its a mystery to me ... i tried everything i could think of and then some and still couldnt get it to work .. the only way i could get it to work was to install the theme that is in the op that does not have the market .. and just used the one that was already on my phone ..

sid_wisc

Reaction score

thanks

thanks

no .. i never could get the market to work on my phone . its a mystery to me ... i tried everything i could think of and then some and still couldnt get it to work .. the only way i could get it to work was to install the theme that is in the op that does not have the market .. and just used the one that was already on my phone ..

I did not had any issue with the market... may be it is how I installed the theme was different.... After installing the liberty and romer I allowed the apps to restore and if anything was missing I used Titanium to get it back and running after which I installed the Cha0s theme, went to market and uninstalled the update for market (one time I did not find any and another time it was updated) then went into colockwork recovery and then cleared Cache (do not do the data clear) and then went into advanced and cleared Dalvik Cache, went to main recovery screen and then installed the market that was provided with the theme by es0tericcha0s, Rebooted and wallah everything was working as it should be.... One thing*** Reboot took aabout 5-7 min to happen since I had earlier cleared Dalvik cache*** so wait on it!!!

Enjoy your theme:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:, it is the best available for the ROM!!!!

kickyindahead

Reaction score

thanks

thanks

I did not had any issue with the market... may be it is how I installed the theme was different.... After installing the liberty and romer I allowed the apps to restore and if anything was missing I used Titanium to get it back and running after which I installed the Cha0s theme, went to market and uninstalled the update for market (one time I did not find any and another time it was updated) then went into colockwork recovery and then cleared Cache (do not do the data clear) and then went into advanced and cleared Dalvik Cache, went to main recovery screen and then installed the market that was provided with the theme by es0tericcha0s, Rebooted and wallah everything was working as it should be.... One thing*** Reboot took aabout 5-7 min to happen since I had earlier cleared Dalvik cache*** so wait on it!!!

Enjoy your theme:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:, it is the best available for the ROM!!!!

just tried everything you stated above sid .. but still the market doesnt work for me .. it didnt work either with fission rom .. i dont get it .. i swear the market hates my phone ..

OP
E

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry about all of the Market issues guys. It honestly nothing to do with the theme, or Market version itself. There's just some incompatibility with flashing any different Market and the Market Updater app. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is though, since I never had a single issue with it, and it works for some people. It really seems there were more issues with the Dx/D2/D2G line than say, the D1. That's why I gave up and had it as an add on complete with warning... ;) Just the nature of the beast I guess.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Sorry about all of the Market issues guys. It honestly nothing to do with the theme, or Market version itself. There's just some incompatibility with flashing any different Market and the Market Updater app. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is though, since I never had a single issue with it, and it works for some people. It really seems there were more issues with the Dx/D2/D2G line than say, the D1. That's why I gave up and had it as an add on complete with warning... ;) Just the nature of the beast I guess.

Yo dude .. we already went over this .. its still a great theme .. **** happens. . atleast i can still sport the theme .. minus the cool lil shopping cart .. but im still sportin it ..good job buddy!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

curious, if you think its somewhat related to the updater why dont we just freeze it?

there is a market theme in another thread for liberty that works fine 4 me.
its similar to yours but the colors are different.

thanks