[THEME] I Present to You... Chrome for UD 2.3

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol.. as to what you just said.. i was wondering if the metamorphs you do worked and if I can get the Dinc up and running.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Chromed Out! Beautiful! Awesome job!!
screenshot_10.png

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey Adroid - I just got home a little while ago from a 3 hour trip and found the package in the mail that you sent. It's to late to check it out tonight but I will definately get to it in the morning.

What do you guys think of these icons that I made today. The e-mail icon doesn't look that great but that's because I rushed through it in between getting ready for my trip. (Blue Flake Icons) You can use these with Desktop Visualizer or Bettercut

Those would look pretty nice with MBK's TrueBlue theme.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol.. as to what you just said.. i was wondering if the metamorphs you do worked and if I can get the Dinc up and running.
Oh I see, can try one to see...

Hey Adroid - I just got home a little while ago from a 3 hour trip and found the package in the mail that you sent. It's to late to check it out tonight but I will definately get to it in the morning.

What do you guys think of these icons that I made today. The e-mail icon doesn't look that great but that's because I rushed through it in between getting ready for my trip. (Blue Flake Icons) You can use these with Desktop Visualizer or Bettercut

Those would look pretty nice with MBK's TrueBlue theme.
I must've missed those... Kinda looks like paper mache...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well the MetaMorphs are hit and miss... couple times MM FC'd due to it complaining about not enough space to extract, even though it's extracting from and to the SDCard... and when it did take, RootExplorer then showed the available phone storage in the KBs again... so probably not a sure thing installing MMs on this theme, unfortunately.

Also, I just reapplied your theme, but this time not all of the home screen chrome icons are there, I thought many of the icons for apps were applied the first time I installed this latest version of your theme??? And going back to my theme, your market icon and header stayed behind, but just with my TruBlue font and search fuctions...

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You probably ran out of room again and then when you went back to your theme, or even mine again, it didn't take. I'm in the process of indexing everything to gt it smaller but for now, it's just a space issue on the /sytem folder.

Also, for the icons.. they did install last time but not this time. I thinik BD changed his Launcher up a bit.. Dunno. Actually, it's probably cause I took the launcher out of my theme to get it smaller. Duh. Anywho, I am going to make (tonight if I can stay awake) a installable (to the data folder) launcher theme. Installable for root or non-root users.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The Market app was because you include the Vending.apk in your theme, whereas I don't...so it makes sense that you chrome market left residuals since my mods for that apk came from the system apk... going from my theme to yours and back to mine, vice versa, does take...it's just when trying to add something else to yours that causes some problems due to only a MB or two being available...

And yeah, the MM was phone storage issue, which indexing or grayscaling all (or most) of your PNGs should fix. Another fix to your issue is if users just deleted apps on their phone that they hardly use, that'd probably help with your theme's low storage issue...

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
more wallpaper! YAY!!dancedroidand a dock background
let me know if you have any requests!

Attachments

• death.jpg
    death.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 175
  • shelves.jpg
    shelves.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 190
  • appdock.jpg
    appdock.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 195

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
some dock bars..

Attachments

• dock2.jpg
    dock2.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 177
  • dock3.jpg
    dock3.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 156
  • silverdock.jpg
    silverdock.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 174

lsdozer

Reaction score
Isdozer.... check the permissions on your /system folder. It may be in read only mode. Let me know.. Ill keep looking if not.

Well, I went into root explorer and changed /system to r/w and it didnt help.

Then I went into /system and changed permissions

Any suggestions?

Ultra, did you get it working?

lsdozer

Reaction score
Went ahead and flashed Renovated onto 2.3 to make sure it wasnt something on my end, and it installed fine, just not my taste!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll figure it out. something must have gone haywire. Not sure what though.. As always though, I have a couple ideas to test out. I am finishing up Gold theme right now for the D1. After that, I am going to hammer this Dinc thing out. tonight hopefully.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
here ya go X all packaged up for ya!

Attachments

• chromextras.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 115

dustyewebb

Reaction score
First off amazing job! Love the keyboard! And now a request....any way you could theme the twitter app and widget to match Facebook? Love this theme though. Great job!

Sent from my telepathic Droid companion.....

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Dusty!

I believe someone is working on inverting twitter right now and I do not want to do it and mess with that. It's their baby. Once done though, I can certainly chrome it out for everyone and post it here :)