THEME holder

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Hey guys before I ask this in no way am I starting a war with this k awesome ok I had an iphone 3g for a while and I had jailbroken the one thing I miss though is how you had a app that had all the themes like devs would send them to the dev of the app and he would put it in so the masses would see it and download just saying this would be a million times better then searching through threads looking for one you know

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Z

ZeroBarrier

Except you forget one really important thing. iPhone is one model, by one manufacturer, with one OS that doesn't range drastically in version numbers; which makes it infinitely easier for a unified theme repository, and Android is ever increasingly more models by more manufacturers with one OS which range in version numbers more wildly across those models per manufacturers than iPhones.

I would be impractical to make a unified theme repository when there isn't even a unified theme'ing system. MIUI raised the bar with it's theme'ing system making it easier to theme across various phone models, as long as they are running MIUI; but there's still a lot of source ROMs and stock modified ROMs out there that do not use this system. You can't just expect to make a unified theme'ing repository and then have a jumble of theme's that each have different requirements ranging from Phone model, ROM and version.

The system set up now works; so you're basically saying you don't want to get online to search a forum for your themes, you just want "an app for that". "There's an app for that" is not really Android's M.O., sorry.

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Bro the reason I posted it in miui is because I wanted in miui not to be a spread thing where has to incorparate it in it would make miui an even better rom with this ability and I could bet 10 bucks that a good bunch would flip to miui

°^°

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I did miss it bug that's what I am talking about like I missed that entire thread but if we had a app think like rom manager but with themes so you could always find them

°^°

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I did miss it bug that's what I am talking about like I missed that entire thread but if we had a app think like rom manager but with themes so you could always find them

°^°

there is a beta app for just this very thing :icon_ banana: being worked on right now! by n_i_x of miui-dev.com