Theme help CM7

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by mmead1143, Jul 28, 2011.

1. mmead1143

mmead1143 New Member

I've loaded CM7 on to my D1-Droid and love the idea of themes. I'm a noob so I apologize in advance.

Anyhow I pick one of the themes that's included in CM7 and hit the apply button. At this point the wifi, time, fonts, etc change to the new theme but the background doesn't change at all.

i'm runnign launcher pro and have deleted it from my phone to no avail...any help? thanks
  2. mmead1143

mmead1143 New Member

Also...I get "error loading widget" where all the widgets are supposed to load...

I know this is as basic as it gets so any help is appreciated :)
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Do you mean the wallpaper doesnt change? If you set a custom one for yourself the wallpaper normally doesnt change. If you still had the default one that came with the ROM it should. If not you may need to reboot for all changes to take effect.

And for the error loading widgets. Did you try to re-add the widgets after you deleted launcher pro? Try to add them to the screen again and see if that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. mmead1143

mmead1143 New Member

A couple points if anyone else runs into this problem.

First, I read on the web, although it's not imperical evidence, that Launcher Pro has an issue with the Theme Chooser app that CM7 includes in it's offering. I uninstalled Launcher Pro but Theme Chooser still showed the same issues I listed above (theme would change but wallpaper would not change).

So then I actually went thru the Settings menu to the ADW Launcher (which comes with CM7). Once I loaded themes thru this application, everything took and I had the theme I wanted.

Hope this helps.
  5. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

So all you needed to do was switch launchers and then the wallpaper changed as it should? I never ran into issues switching themes while using LP but good to know. You learn something new everyday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. mmead1143

mmead1143 New Member

the themes not working on my D1-Droid, with LP, could just be my noobness...it could be a very simple setting that I'm not aware of. I'm pretty new to jailbreaking/rom/etc...
Search tags for this page

cm7 no wallpaper