[THEME] Gummy_WaterMark 2.5

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by mikeyinid, Dec 28, 2010.

1. mikeyinid

mikeyinid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

AGAIN, THIS IS A PORT OF THE WATERMARK THEME FOR THE LIQUID FROZEN YOGURT ROMS, I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY OF THIS!!!

This is for GummyJar 2.5, and will work for DX/D2. Flash in recovery, mount system of course. No need to wipe. Flash at your own risk!!!

This is the same theme as before, so I wont go all crazy explaining it :) There are a few more themed apps, and its been updated for the rotary lockscreen. I fixed some font issues from the first port. I added a version with the same transition animations as Apex, its your choice. So, here it is, enjoy!

With animations:LFY_Watermark_2.5-anim.zip

No animations:LFY_Watermark_2.5.zip

I wont post a bunch of screenshots either, most of you are familiar with the theme already. I will post the lockscreen, of course ;)

Attached Files:

2. XimBecile

XimBecile New Member

Awesome theme!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

Will no animations give us the stock gummy animations? I already installed the one with animations but prefer Gummys.. and how would i go about switching them
  4. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

a cache wipe and an install seem to have done the job

dancedroid
  5. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

Looks like installing this theme removes the chat function from facebook? is that even possible?
  6. bgill55

bgill55 New Member Theme Developer

Im sure everyone is grateful for you porting alot of popular themes, and I see you have given credit, but just out of curiosity have you asked permission to port them?? Just Curious
  7. scarmack

scarmack New Member

if whoever made them didnt say whether or not anyone is allowed to modify them and release anything, permission is not needed. its the internet. welcome :D
  8. mikeyinid

i disagree with ya on that. just cus you had access to it doesnt mean you should hijack it. @ bgill, i did for the UD theme. as far as the revolution, im sure its been ported to every theme on every device so i ddidnt ask. the lfy themes, i have sent pm's to those guys and if it is an issue i will pull them down asap. keep in mind i ported my first last week, so i dont know all the "rules", it would be nice if i had some guidance, but not many seem willing to help....
  9. yukmizzee

yukmizzee New Member

Either way, thanks man. Every theme youve ported has Far exceeded my expectations. Thanks again man
  10. scarmack

scarmack New Member

you can disagree all you want, but its the way things are in this world. if the material isnt copyrighted then it doesnt matter. you can modify, duplicate, replicate however you please if the material isnt copyrighted. I dont understand how you disagree when you just hijacked a handful of themes, im on your side, if the material isnt copyrighted then go for it.
  11. ajbattaglia83

ajbattaglia83 New Member

Is it necessary to mount system I didn't and it seems to be ok??

12. mikeyinid

I always do but you may not need to

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  13. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

It's not like he is taking someone elses work and asking for monetary gain for it, he is just volunteering to expand someone elses product over multiple platforms.

If he was on here saying he wouldn't release themes unless he received X amount of money it would be a problem.
  14. bgill55

bgill55 New Member Theme Developer

Im not Starting anything I was just curious. I like mikey he has done alot of great ports I just know a simple hey is it cool if i port this goes along way! and it looks like he has done just that and I admire that!

Its posts like these that make me never want to release anything Its Such A Ultimate Droid thing to say! Im done here carry on and enjoy Mikeys ports they are top notch!!!
  15. mikeyinid

I appreciate your insight on the issue more than you know. I just checked out your linear theme and that is amazing work ;) if you guys haven't checked that out, you should.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  16. nybadboy11

nybadboy11 New Member

hey big mike can u help me out with this gummyjar?
  17. Bdavis27701

Bdavis27701 New Member

I can understand what your saying but are you not the one that asked if Mikey had permission to use the themes he ported. Its like you wanted to get people fired up about the themes he has posted, even though he has said that he takes no credit for them.
    Also, do you or any of the rom/theme builders have permision to use froyo and change things in it and call it your own? Oh, let me guess, theres no copyright on it so you just "hijacked it".

BTW Mikey, thank you very much for all the themes you have posted. I am not a fan of the linear theme(nothing against you bgill-just don't care for the looks of it personally) and was happy to see some other options available for this excellent rom
  18. ender4212

ender4212 New Member

It was asked earlier in the thread prior to the argument, but could someone answer please? If I install the no animations version of the theme does that give me the stock Gummy animations or none at all? I've not seen apex animations, but I do like what Gummy has and I'm not sure which version of the theme to grab.
  19. Bdavis27701

Bdavis27701 New Member

I'm not sure on this one, but the animation version is nice. Its not over animated like some other themes from other roms that I have tried.
  20. mikeyinid

The no animation theme is stock GummyJar animations, just flash it right over what you have without wiping and youll be fine.