[THEME]--Gold--DC Beta Builds

Discussion in 'Droid Concepts' started by JayR_, May 30, 2011.

1. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    As of now this wont work for build ten i will port it over as soon as i get home...may be late

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    update

updated to build # 10 !!

Bugs are fixed and some important installation notes have been added to the OP, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT.

3. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Having market force closes every time I open the market. This happened on the build 9 theme as well. It worked fine when I first started using it on build 9 then it started fc'ing constantly. I followed the instructions and deleted unnecessary files to clear up space. Any ideas?

4. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    I dont have any ideas right now. Ive been running gold since build nine with no force closes im on ten now and still no force closures... Can you use root explorer or another file manager and go to /system and see how many mb's of space you have free?

5. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    17.82mb before install
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok yeah that should have been plenty..hmm

7. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    Been thinking about this a bit. Is it still happening? Is anyone else having the same issue with my theme?
    Ecsnead made a point in his blacked out apps for dc 9 and 10 thread in his section. Post # 16. I suggest taking a look at it. Its a good piece of info

8. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've tried about everything I can think of, but I'm still getting force closes with the market after installing the gold apps .zip. It works fine without flashing the apps so I'm gonna compromise and use the blacked out apps instead.

*Edit* The blacked out market won't even show up as being installed, so I'm gonna have to be satisfied with the stock market.

9. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    Crap man i have to admit im stumped ..i almost wish i was having the issue so i could better be able to locate the cause. I am really sorry this is happening to you.

10. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Its not really that big of a deal. Everything else works and looks great. I can live with it. I just wanted the full gold experience. Its not gonna stop me from using one of the best themes out!

11. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    Well thank you for the kind words. Ill continue to ponder the issue and if i think of anything ill be sure to let you know

Do you have any suggestions for the theme?

Also if you would like any custom/personal alterations to it let me know im kind of in between ideas for now. Thinking of ideas for new themes too. But i keep coming back to this to improve lol

12. kratos

kratos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love this theme! However, there are some issues with it.

First, when using BT and in a call, the icon in the top left corner of the notification bar is a gold colored empty battery and not the gold phone.

Second, there are many areas where the text is still black. Usually on a button or text entry box within an app. The problem here is that the background is black as well and therefore the text cannot be seen.

Third, there are many instances where the text is not gold throughout the phone. Whether it's in an email (not buttons or text boxes), web, settings screen, etc. These are as big of a problem as the black text on black background because this text is almost always black with a white background.

Finally, I like that you have a lot of themed apps, but I don't agree with the SuperUser app being themed. The reason I state this is because if there is a security or major bug fix send out, then the app cannot be updated easily.

Other than that, great job on this app. I am working to get some screenshots of these issues for you, but it is taking a while because I have to edit each screenshot to take out all my personal info.

Kratos

Search tags for this page
dc android themes

dc theme for android

dc themes for android
download dc theme for android
download dc themes
ñ‚ðµð¼ñ‹ dc ð°ð½ð´ñ€ð¾ð¸ð´