[THEME] Gingerbread Series for Liberty

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
@ JRUMMY well yes i have changed those images making sure they are all the same name etc , in to instances which they are located in drawable & drawable-hdpi both changed . however the change in images wont take at all...

now Kejar31 said to me :
You are changing the wrong images.. Those images will only work with with the standard Moto Lockscreen and Liberty uses the the AOSP Lockscreen....
Please review how to manipulate the AOSP lockscreen to get your images correct.

but after doing research i really come up with no answer because im not to familiar with this whole AOSP thing ...

LOOK if anyone can show me how to , that would be awesome .

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
i am not sure if you can help me but if you can , id appreciate it dearly . see 1st to last post here
Can these be installed on the DX version of Liberty? I want to update my Blue w/ this one as the Liberty Toolbox version still lists the original which had a few items missing their blue.

These will work on both dx and d2.

phoenixus

Reaction score
Draya, everytime I install this theme it installs facebook, twitter, and audio manager, and they were not installed before applying the theme.

Also, the only way I can uninstall them is by deleteing the apk or using ti backup. Is this supposed to happen? Also, the apps show up under setting/applications/all and not settings/applications/downloaded

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Draya, everytime I install this theme it installs facebook, twitter, and audio manager, and they were not installed before applying the theme.

Also, the only way I can uninstall them is by deleteing the apk or using ti backup. Is this supposed to happen? Also, the apps show up under setting/applications/all and not settings/applications/downloaded

Yes, it's supposed to happen. That's the only way to theme those app's.

phoenixus

Reaction score

In that case, does the market still update the app if an update is released? Or do I need to just go and install them through the market.

Cwagmire

Reaction score

In that case, does the market still update the app if an update is released? Or do I need to just go and install them through the market.

Using these themes during 1.0, I was not able to update any of the apps that were themed. I'm guessing the situation is the same for the 1.5 themes, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They still show as downloaded in the Market. I'm not sure whether they'll update.

phoenixus

Reaction score
As cool as it is to have the apps like liberty toolbox and facebook themed, it's not working out so well for me.

Those apps have been tagged as "system apps" and no longer update from the market.

For example, liberty toolbox shows up only under settings/applications/all and in the market, it says it has the latest version.

But looking at the version on the phone, it's 1.1, not 1.1.2

Same deal for facebook.

troutbeck27

Reaction score
I am thinking of switching to the yellow icon theme but before I do is there away to go back to stock icons, or will installing a new theme do that?

RevNumbers

Reaction score
I made a metamorph mod that modifies the cyan gingerbread theme to add round battery icons, and colored vibrate, USB, and GPS icons for the Cyan theme... it's not perfect but it works for me, lol... if anybody wants to use it, or make it more to their liking here it is

Attachments

• CyanGB-IconMod.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 113
  • CyanGB-IconMod-Screenshot.png
    CyanGB-IconMod-Screenshot.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 237
OP
draya1986

draya1986

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice work.

Uploading a small update. Themed a few more icons and recolored the GB yellow icons.

Inelastic

Reaction score
Great work! I love the blue theme. Any chance you can upload the blue browser image? I prefer to use Dolphin HD and I want to use that icon instead of the Dolphin one. Also, no DroidForums app icon?

chris.heko

Reaction score
BIG problem with theme!

Apps themed won't update in the market. The latest revision themes the liberty toolbox to an OLD version and now wont update! Nice looking themes but I have to dump it if I can't keep my apps updated. Any suggestions to fix???