[Theme] Gingerbread Discussion and Issues thread

MikeMasso

Reaction score
For some reason I can't get the themes to install.. do I need to restore and then install them, or am I doing something wrong?

How are you installing?

Davros, I'm first putting the theme on my SD card, then flashing CWM with ROM Manager, powering down my phone, powering up my phone and into CWM Recovery, choosing "install .zip from sd card," "choose .zip from sd card," and "metiCkOne Gingerbread theme 1.*." I choose YES and reboot system now, and once i try to install another theme it will not change anything, I still have the 1.4 theme with the black clock and the crashing mms app.

swallisa

Reaction score
For some reason I can't get the themes to install.. do I need to restore and then install them, or am I doing something wrong?

How are you installing?

Davros, I'm first putting the theme on my SD card, then flashing CWM with ROM Manager, powering down my phone, powering up my phone and into CWM Recovery, choosing "install .zip from sd card," "choose .zip from sd card," and "metiCkOne Gingerbread theme 1.*." I choose YES and reboot system now, and once i try to install another theme it will not change anything, I still have the 1.4 theme with the black clock and the crashing mms app.

What rom are you running?

MikeMasso

Reaction score
How are you installing?

What rom are you running?

The stock Android 2.2.1 FRG83D

MikeMasso

Reaction score
I found a theme for the stock froyo and it's back to normal. I'm making sure my backups work 100% this time before I do anything.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I found a theme for the stock froyo and it's back to normal. I'm making sure my backups work 100% this time before I do anything.

Makes sure its for FRG83D or your just going to eff it up even more. Different frameworks......

Just reflash the rom or better yet flash MetiCkMOD v4. Way easyer and safer. Then flash theme. Everything should be fine.

Step 1
Reflash metiCkMOD v4
Step 2
Flash kernel (if your using different then the stock)
Step 3
Flash theme
Step 4
Enjoy

Rom manager, install rom from sd, navigate to where ever you have (metiCkMODv4.zip, metiCkMODGingerBreadv1.7.zip), hit the ok button maybe you should wipe, phone will reboot, if you wipe resign in etc.

If you need pm me I can gtalk you threw it. Every phone is different but I know this works. I've flashed it over 100 times in the last day testing future releases of metiCkMOD......

I'm here to help, hell not like I can even get out of bed right now.

;)

Lemme know what you need I can see what I can do for you. Hell I could make you a all in one file just flash once and done if needed.

MikeMasso

Reaction score

Makes sure its for FRG83D or your just going to eff it up even more. Different frameworks......

Just reflash the rom or better yet flash MetiCkMOD v4. Way easyer and safer. Then flash theme. Everything should be fine.

Step 1
Reflash metiCkMOD v4
Step 2
Flash kernel (if your using different then the stock)
Step 3
Flash theme
Step 4
Enjoy

Rom manager, install rom from sd, navigate to where ever you have (metiCkMODv4.zip, metiCkMODGingerBreadv1.7.zip), hit the ok button maybe you should wipe, phone will reboot, if you wipe resign in etc.

If you need pm me I can gtalk you threw it. Every phone is different but I know this works. I've flashed it over 100 times in the last day testing future releases of metiCkMOD......

I'm here to help, hell not like I can even get out of bed right now.

;)

Lemme know what you need I can see what I can do for you. Hell I could make you a all in one file just flash once and done if needed.

Yeah, It was FRG83D, and it's all working perfectly now. I made nadroid backups and copied it onto my computer so I won't mess it up this time :icon_ banana:

Thanks for all the help though guys. :icon_ peace:

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
i fixed it in a different version that is not being released till the new metiCkMOD is released.

lemme fix it for the v4 of metiCkMOD real quick......

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Theme is officially no longer needing adw launchers gingerbread theme......

Wait for version1.8.1 will be released with release of new metiCkMOD

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
Hey davros I dont know if you did it already but heres the newest version of the market with gingerbread status bar icons. For anyone who wants it drop it in the system/app folder with root explorer, set permissions and reboot.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Way ahead of ya buddy lol.....

Soon as metiCkMOD is squared away I have a beautiful black market. I will how ever take icons out of that if the app drawer icon is different.

;)