[THEME] Frost...For GummyJar 2.5

humungus

Reaction score
Framework was missing META-INF folder, leading to bootloops. I added it from the Gummy stock framework, and everything works fine now.

Download:

Frost_2.5_Fixed

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You mean the link in the op won't boot??

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you didn't dl it within the last few days then it was jacked, I thought I fixed it....

humungus

Reaction score
If you didn't dl it within the last few days then it was jacked, I thought I fixed it....

Downloaded it tonight. Led to bootlooping. The framework was missing the META-INF folder, which I added from stock Gummy framework. Works now.

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Framework was missing META-INF folder, leading to bootloops. I added it from the Gummy stock framework, and everything works fine now.

Download:

Frost_2.5_Fixed

I just dl'd from the link in the op and it booted. Redownload , its fine. I had to reflash gummy from Liberty to test :/ Its fine...It booted right up. There was a problem, if you dl'd more than a few days ago thats why your getting bootloops. Redownload from the op. Its ok....

humungus

Reaction score

Download:

Frost_2.5_Fixed

I just dl'd from the link in the op and it booted. Redownload , its fine. I had to reflash gummy from Liberty to test :/ Its fine...It booted right up. There was a problem, if you dl'd more than a few days ago thats why your getting bootloops. Redownload from the op. Its ok....

I downloaded it once tonight at 8:20pm and once at 9:56pm (both file sizes 26,399 KB). Both attempted installs led to bootloops on a fresh install of Gummy 2.5. While looking through your zip, I noticed that the META-INF folder was missing from the framework. I added the META-INF from Gummy 2.5, zipaligned the framework, and re-zipped the thing back up. Works perfect now.

Just re-downloaded your zip. Same file size, framework is still missing META-INF folder. I'm not sure why it boots on some installs, but this was the problem for me (and it sounds like I'm not alone).

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why would it boot for me? I just rebuilt the theme from the ground up.a few days ago. I dl'd and flashed in the middle of porting themes to liberty. Its fine. I opened it and the meta folder is there.I'm not really sure what's going on.

Download:

Frost_2.5_Fixed

I downloaded it once tonight at 8:20pm and once at 9:56pm (both file sizes 26,399 KB). Both attempted installs led to bootloops on a fresh install of Gummy 2.5. While looking through your zip, I noticed that the META-INF folder was missing from the framework. I added the META-INF from Gummy 2.5, zipaligned the framework, and re-zipped the thing back up. Works perfect now.

Just re-downloaded your zip. Same file size, framework is still missing META-INF folder. I'm not sure why it boots on some installs, but this was the problem for me (and it sounds like I'm not alone).

humungus

Reaction score
The guy who posted right after me had the same issue. The META-INF folder in _framework-res.apk_ is missing, not the one in the top level .zip folder. As for why it boots for you and others, I can't say.

X'd

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense...I'm on liberty now but ill do some more testing later...
The guy who posted right after me had the same issue. The META-INF folder in _framework-res.apk_ is missing, not the one in the top level .zip folder. As for why it boots for you and others, I can't say.

X'd

humungus

Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense...I'm on liberty now but ill do some more testing later...

Sorry.

Below are pictures of the contents of frameworks from Gummy themes (4 or 5 of which are yours). Notice that all six on the left have the META-INF folder, while the two on the right (your Frost and your Luna) don't.

I've also just looked at the frameworks from the following DX roms:

rubiX
fission
obsidian
ultimatedroid
rumm_rx

and I looked at the N1 CyanogenMod 7.0 just for kicks. All of their frameworks have the META-INF folder. This, taken with the fact that adding the Gummy META-INF to frost solved my problem, is pretty good reason to think that the problem was caused by the missing folder.

EDIT: After looking in the Luna thread, there were 3 people who couldn't install that theme too. I suspect the missing META-INF folder was the problem there as well.

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can assure you that the themes do work. The 2 themes that do not have those folders were decompiled and edited to make the menus white, while the others were not, maybe that is why they don't have that folder. You don't have to sign framework-res apk for it to work that's why it doesn't have that folder, that's my guess at least. It makes no sense that it would work on some but not all phones.

Sorry.

Below are pictures of the contents of frameworks from Gummy themes (4 or 5 of which are yours). Notice that all six on the left have the META-INF folder, while the two on the right (your Frost and your Luna) don't.

I've also just looked at the frameworks from the following DX roms:

rubiX
fission
obsidian
ultimatedroid
rumm_rx

and I looked at the N1 CyanogenMod 7.0 just for kicks. All of their frameworks have the META-INF folder. This, taken with the fact that adding the Gummy META-INF to frost solved my problem, is pretty good reason to think that the problem was caused by the missing folder.

humungus

Reaction score
I can assure you that the themes do work. The 2 themes that do not have those folders were decompiled and edited to make the menus white, while the others were not, maybe that is why they don't have that folder. You don't have to sign framework-res apk for it to work that's why it doesn't have that folder, that's my guess at least. It makes no sense that it would work on some but not all phones.

Well, you've had about 6 or 7 people say they've bootlooped on frost, and 3 people say they've bootlooped on Luna. 1 of the people in this thread said they've bootlooped on both themes. It seems to be working for some (most?) people while others are having problems. I was having problems, noticed the missing META-INF folder, replaced it, and now everything works fine. I understand that it's weird for it to work for some but not others, but that appears to have been the reality all along; didn't you re-build it because some (not all) people were having issues?

Look, I'm just trying to help, though you seem insistent that 1: there's not a problem and 2: the solution doesn't make any sense. I think the 10 or so people who've bootlooped on both themes might be an indication of a problem, and while I can't tell you why the solution works, it did work.

My wife likes this theme; so much that I spent a few hours trying to get it on her phone last night. I usually feel compelled to report bugs for the roms and themes I enjoy, so I've spent even more of my time with you. As of now, I think I've done enough. Use this information as you see fit.