theme for 1.31 ...help?

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Krooked247, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Krooked247

Krooked247 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I've noticed there has been no themes for LGB 1.31 and I can't run a bare look on my phone.
    I've spent a lot of time swapping images and editing them to kinda theme my phone.
    None of the images were created by me though.
    I know there must be a ton of people tho that would love an all red theme.
    I have halfway created a theme that runs on lgb but since it has so many images from other peoples themes I don't know if it is ok to upload.

I'm not a themer and don't know how to theme really.... none of the xmls have been edited and I don't know how to put it into a flashable zip.

Was wondering if maybe I upload a nandroid back up of my setup if someone would know how or be interested in putting the apks in a flashable zip?

Themed:
    Launcher pro
    Framework
    Contacts
    System ui
    Wireless tether
    Music
    News and weather
    Calendar
    Calculator
    Camera
    Clock
    Mms
    Drocap2
    Dsp manager
    Gallery
    Google search
    Td bank
    Torch
    Phone
    Superuser
    Settings
    Titanium back up
    Terminal emulator
    Ninjamorph
    Metamorph

Most are just stock images edited with ninjamorph for the red look.
    Many images from b-boys murder and redmanx urban( some edited)
    Sorry this post is so long.... not to good with making posts.

2. jesusishere

jesusishere Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Krooked247

Krooked247 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    All those themes are using the t-mobile system tho rite?
    I myself was lookin for somethin a little more red and a little more thorough.
    The t-mobile themes seem pretty basic to me....
    Its all a matter of opinion I guess, was jus sure there were people that wanted a certain look that isn't out there to pick from and thought maybe I could help the process and that someone could pick up were I'm falling off at

Like I said though a lot of the work is from murder, urban, red glass, an many other themes, so I don't know if this would be steppin on anyones toes or if this is a dead project.

Spend A LOT of time editing A LOT of images an thought I would be a waste to not share.

Krooked All Day.....

4. jesusishere

jesusishere Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm guessing you never used them? Everything is themed. There will most likely be no themes for 1.31 because how thorough the tmobile theme application works. If you factor in the fact that LGB1.4 will be releasing soon, there is no point. Use the Tmobile application, I recommend the Honeycomb due to the fact that the themer made sure all items were themed.

Edit: I guess you want red? Didn't read that after I posted. Try the red one its on the market. Search for Red Remix.
    or try Urban's
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ytnt7ymcdhb11mr

#4 jesusishere, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  5. Krooked247

Krooked247 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Will look into all this.... thanks for the replys.
    If for nothin else I'm gonna try and see if I can get all this on a tmobile layout that way if I change my theme I can always jus pick back to what it was.
    There's been to much work for me to let all this go and I'm always gonna keep a back up of it.
    Thanks again for the info...
    Krooked All Day....

6. jesusishere

jesusishere Member

Ratings:
    +0

It easy to switch back and forth, install the apk, and you can easily change back to the default theme, it works like a smoother, faster metamorph. Changing the theme takes about 2 minutes and changing back the theme takes the same. It really doesn't affect your phone negatively in anyway and is in fact safer, then using an update.zip. I prefer it!

7. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    screenshots......
    make a yellow version and I will help... LMFAO!

The apps I edit (mainly just add a dark transparent to widget bg's) I always make a copy of the ROM rename it to in this case LGB1.31-bobby.zip open it via 7-zip then move the edits into the systems/app folder.
    I edit youtube,weather bug, audio manager pro and a few others,e FB & gtalk are inverted versions from other DEV's/themers. Then just reflash that on top of then ROM..

This way makes a heavy update/theme file since the whole ROM is still in it but I am not sure what I can remove to make it lighter safely. I think the boot.img and all other folder under system but the app you are editing are all that is needed, but unclear so I don't mind the extra weight.

then I run the yellow theme chooser apk

#7 thaDroidz, Mar 8, 2011
  8. Krooked247

Krooked247 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    here are some screenshots....

hopefully you can see why I'm trying to save this somehow into a tmobile theme or update zip. everytime i flash a new rom or update i have to redo everything and it takes hours.
    I'm not in anyway trying to release/make a public theme .... jus trying to make a a flashable zip or tmobile for personal use/reasons.(dont know how to do either)

a lot of this is from parts of many others themers hard work just mixed together.
    but they're all my favorite parts.:)

#8 Krooked247, Mar 8, 2011
  9. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    nice...
    t-mobile is gonna be the best route...
    with update zips it's possible that it won't carry over to the next rom versions...

This is actually my next goal.. A week of vacation next week, gonna devoted a few days on learning. (in reality the whole WEEK) I will be in so much trouble..

10. Krooked247

Krooked247 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Yea I'm gonna have to figure out how to make a tmobile theme is guess.
    Its the future of theming