{THEME} ** DARK3R_BLU for KIN3TX v1.0 .901 Comptatible ROM

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am now running KIN3TX v1.0 .901 compatible and have put together the DARK3R_BLU theme for that ROM... Seems to be running very smoothly.

***Do not install this theme if you already have one of DT's TPax themes installed!!*** ...this theme is meant to only be installed over the 'base' KIN3TXv1.0 .901 compatible ROM...

I have not tested this theme on the base KIN3TX .894 so if you want to try it's your call...should work even if you don't have the .901 radio...just FYI...

DARK3R_Blu_KIN3TXv1.0-.901.zip
APKs that are themed DARK3R_BLU...
*Framework-res
*SystemUI
*Settings (Inverted)
*Messaging (Inverted) **Special Shout out to xkape for inputting some info that helped me with a missing piece of the puzzle on inverted the Messaging apk...thanks Bro...
*Calendar (Semi-Inverted)
*Contacts (Inverted)
*Dialer
*Blue Dockless DockClock
*Browser
*Calculator
*GenieWidget
*GoogleQuickSearch
*LatinIME
*Music 2.3.4 (Inverted)
*Talk2 (credit to P3Droid or Alastrionia..forget from whom I got this, Thanks to both for working on this Inversion)
**(Special Credit to Hazmatic for being so gracious enough to allow me to use a few components from his awesome HoneyComb theme, Thanks John)

Last edited:

srmason6

Reaction score
MBK,
downloading now...btw..Patriots pulldowns work and look awesome..thanksDancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ banana:

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
MBK,
downloading now...btw..Patriots pulldowns work and look awesome..thanksDancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ banana:

well maybe the pulldowns work with the base KIN3TX .901, but it didn't with my theme installed unfortunately...might have to have it loaded into my theme's framework instead of via MetaMorph

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bootlooping...any ideas?

Yeah unfortunately the MetaMorph isn't compatible with my theme for some odd reason...not sure why DT's ROM does that at times...

Basically you'd need to run this process...Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki...
Then run the FixCDT script if stuck on invalid CG fastboot menu,
and then reinstall the .901 OTA...... from there you can either run the stock KIN3TX with the pulldowns...or... With the DARK3R_BLU theme without the pulldowns...

sorry for the issue, not sure what in KIN3TX causes that when a theme is installed over, this also happens if you install one of his TPax themes and then try to install a MetaMorph.zip

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What I'm doing currently is thsi same process...and once I get it back to the KIN3TX base .901 with my DARK3R_BLU theme, I'll try to insert the Patriots pulldown into the framework-res.apk itelf and then flash it via recovery and see how that works

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Mike your themes are awesome! I'm still running stock root but after seeing this ima have to flash away. great work!

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I keep getting fastboot flash failures

Yeah me too... here's what you do... download the latest RSD Lite...and the FlashMe stock 5.5.886 file from this thread...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...flash-mode-s-boot-failure-bricked-bionic.html

attach your phone while in the fastboot failute screen... RSD should see your device... unzip the FlashMe zip and run the XML from RSD...

it will load 14 files, then reboot into stock recovery....and flash the .886 update...
and upon reboot go thru the setup, attach your phone to the RELEASED ROOT process and choose #2 (root and forever root)...
then once you know you have the forever root, go to about phone and accept the 5.5.893 OTA...

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mike your themes are awesome! I'm still running stock root but after seeing this ima have to flash away. great work!

thanks bro.... but remember that this is only for the KIN3TX .901 compatible, and it cannot accept MetaMorphs once my theme is applied

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I keep getting fastboot flash failures

Yeah me too... here's what you do... download the latest RSD Lite...and the FlashMe stock 5.5.886 file from this thread...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...flash-mode-s-boot-failure-bricked-bionic.html

attach your phone while in the fastboot failute screen... RSD should see your device... unzip the FlashMe zip and run the XML from RSD...

it will load 14 files, then reboot into stock recovery....and flash the .886 update...
and upon reboot go thru the setup, attach your phone to the RELEASED ROOT process and choose #2 (root and forever root)...
then once you know you have the forever root, go to about phone and accept the 5.5.893 OTA...

After you successfully flash the .893 OTA you'll likely get the invalid CDT error and again stuck in the fastboot menu...just flash the FixCDT bat file I've uploaded...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...cdt-bin-file-fastboot-mode-fixcdt.zip...after it flashes just unplug and reboot...you'll then be on stock (forever-rooted) stock 5.5.893

from there you can manually flash the 5.9.901 OTA as you probably did before, as well as the KIN3TX .901 compatible ROM...from there you can either choose the MetaMorph for the pulldown, or install DARK3R BLU

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm bummed that you had to go thru all this... but atleast your Bionic can be restored eventually...

I'm installing the .901 OTA as I type...

EDIT: successful on the .901 OTA...gonna charge my batteries and then load up KIN3TX .901 and then flash my theme, then make an update.zip which will have the framework-res.apk which already includes the Patriots pulldown to see if that can take care of the MM issues with KIN3TX

Last edited:

srmason6

Reaction score
Charging in a wall unit..hopefully it will go through...no worries, I like f-ing with the phone...just hate it when the wife finds out it is a soft brick..nag.. nag. nag:p