1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Theme] CM_6.1_ Final NexTheme

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by bp328i, Dec 7, 2010.

1. bp328i

bp328i Theme Developer Theme Developer

NexTheme for CM 6.1 Final

This is an update.zip and installs just like an other udate.zip (AS ALL WAYS MAKE A BACKUP FIRST)

If when you flash the framework does not take I suggest removing all apps from system/app that are not themed and are in the market, like Maps, Street, Terminal Emulator, ROM Manager, googlevoice, CarHomeGoogle (not CarHomeLauncher) and reflash the theme.

All the apps in this link are availabe to be downloaded from the market Google for Android but YouTube, Gmail, and Quick Search Box, and Calendar are themed and you might not want to delete them.

In addition here is a list of what can and can't be removed from CM Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki
    (Be careful what you uninstall, some apps need other apps to operate correctly, see * (actually a tiny 1) at very bottom)
    Thanks jbulluck for the above two links

Once flashed go into Settings > CyanogenMod setting > User interface > and change the notifications colors. Do not use Tweaks extras or the themed icons in the drop down will change to stock.

This is not the old school NexTheme, this is my version which I have added a lot to the theme to make it more complete including custom window animations (thanks to dnutz).

Thanks to Manup456 for the original NexTheme.

The following apps are themed and included:

Browser
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    Clock
    Contacts
    Email
    Gallery3D
    GenieWidget
    Gmail...Please uninstall your current before flashing
    GoogleQuickSearchBox
    Mms
    Music
    Pandora...Please uninstall your current before flashing
    Phone
    Spare Parts
    Settings
    Talk
    Twitter
    Vending
    YouTube
    I'm working on Facebook but it was giving me issues tonight so I will post it when completed.

The above apps are the ones that come with CM 6.1 Final and not just old ones I already had themed.

In addition I have been making corrections to the graphics almost everyday for the past two weeks so I don’t believe there should be any left to find…lol…I hope. But if someone does find something please post it up and I will fix it.

New link added on 12/9/10 @12:35PM EST that has the Pandora and Twitter issues fixed. If you downloaded and flashed the first zip the new Pandora and Twitter are in the next post. Just unistall your current version, reboot and use a file manager like Astro to install the new ones.
    CM_6.1_Final_NexTheme_12-9.zip

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  2. bp328i

If you downloaded the full theme prior to 12/9/10 @12:35PM EST then you will need these.

If you downloaded the full theme after 12/9/10 @12:35PM EST these are included in the zip.

Just unistall your current version, reboot and use a file manager like Astro to install the new ones.

Pandora.apk

Twitter.apk

And thanks to GodfatherIP for the new Pandora widget background, and letting me know the version had updated!!!

Here's Facebook, themed to match...

It's not included with the full theme

Facebook_Nex.apk

To install:

Uninstall your current version, reboot, place on your sdcard and use an app like Astro to install.

More updates :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: There has been an update to Gmail and here is the latest version...Installs just like Facebook above.

Anyone who downloaded Gmail before 12/10/10 @8:40AM EST it won't install. (FACEPALM) I uploaded the wrong file. The new one below works!!!
    Gmail.apk

And yet another update....NexThemed LauncherPro 0.8.2...Installs just like Facebook above.

LauncherPro-0.8.2.apk

And the updates just keep rolling in... Here is the new market 2.2.6 NexThemed!!! This is an update.zip and installs like any other update.zip

Vending_2.2.6.zip

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  3. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

Thanks for the theme, it looks great! Just so you know Pandora has been updated to 1.5.2, also if you use this widget background it won't cut off the buttons in portrait mode. Thanks!
  4. bp328i

Thanks, and I will update Pandora tonight or tomorrow with the latest version and check out the widget background.

Sent from my Droid using, well my Droid
  5. Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee New Member

Not a huge deal but the icons in my pulldown are plain white generic ones not the nice colorful ones in the screen shots. The power widget looks right just not the pull down. Any idea how to fix that by chance. If not its not a deal breaker. Love the theme.
  6. bp328i

Did you change Tweaks extras in CM Settings? If so go into Tweaks extras and Reset UI tweaks to default, reboot then change just the notification colors one by one.
  7. Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee New Member

I will try that thank you.
  8. Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee New Member

Worked like a charm. You sir deserve a cookie. Thank you.
  9. bp328i

Thanks, glad I could help...
  10. jbulluck

jbulluck New Member

Just wanted to know if this will work on CM6.1_Stable release? Are you referring to the Stable release with "CM6.1_Final?" I am new to CM and want to make sure before I try this out.
  11. bp328i

Yes I am referring to 6.1 Stable...

I'm uploading a new version right now that I fixed issues with Pandora and Twitter. I will be added to the OP in 5 minutes.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  12. papy72

papy72 New Member

I tried downloading and installing through ROM Manager. The progress bar jumped from something like 40-50% complete to being done and a message flashed on my screen a micro-second before it went into it's boot sequence.

Upon rebooting none of my notification bar icons were any different, but my setting menu graphics had changed, so I'm guessing I got a partial install.

Then I noticed my Market app was gone, so I'm restoring from my backup (yay for backups!).

Any idea what my problem could be? I'm running 6.1 Stable on my Moto D1.
  13. bp328i

Sorry for the copy and paste from the OP but I’m at work trying to do this quickly.

The system copies over in alphabetical order, starting with apps then framework. Vending, which is the market along with the framework did not have room.

In addition to the below you can remove the apps in the system/app folder that start with htc.

If when you flash the framework does not take I suggest removing all apps from system/app that are not themed and are in the market, like Mapps, Street, Terminal Emulator, ROM Manager, googlevoice, CarHomeGoogle (not CarHomeLauncher) and reflash the theme.
  14. bp328i

Facebook themed and added to the second post...
  15. bp328i

Newest version of Gmail added to the second post...
  16. jbulluck

jbulluck New Member

Thank you very much! Looking forward to trying this out soon, testing a ROM for a dev but will get this on my :motdroidvert: asap! Thanks for the theme!
  17. bp328i

THANKS!!!!

And anyone who downloaded Gmail in the second post before 12/10/10 @8:40AM EST it won't install. (FACEPALM) I uploaded the wrong file. I updated the link in the second post. It's working now!!!
  18. papy72

papy72 New Member

Ok it looks like that did the trick. Many thanks.

Just so I understand, the system/app folder ISN'T where the market installs it's apps, correct? That's just where the baseline apps are stored, and when you download a market app that matches it Android uses the market app, thus making the system/app apk file unneeded?
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  19. bp328i

Correct, the market installs apps to the data/app folder not system/app and without root you can't delete system apps. I like to delete the system apps that are in the market but are not theme so I get any updates.

Now for the color, go in to Setting, Cm Setting, User Interface, status bar, clock color and change to #ffffffff then tap the little circle in the center, reboot
  20. papy72

papy72 New Member

OK, now I'm trying to install Facebook/Gmail from the second post.

I can't uninstall facebook. The option is greyed out in the market and the manage applications menu. I found a button I could click to uninstall it in the Astro app manager, but doing so immediately failed.

Gmail uninstalled fine, but the new version won't install. Edit: just downloaded it again from home PC to my droid, and it still won't install. It tries to but gets an "application not installed" message. Gmail was previously uninstalled and I did reboot. The market even offers to upgrade me to the new version.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
Search tags for this page
backgroun widget
nextheme port for cyanogenmod 6.1.2

widget background png