[Theme] CM Nightly Bulid 191 NexTheme

The Sloan Ranger

Reaction score
Just asking a question here, and not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers...

It looks like UD 2.1 has dropped and is getting rave reviews. Any chance you guys could take your version of nextheme over to that rom? I regularly switch out my UD and CyanMod roms to switch things up and check out the nightlies. I'd love to have the same theme on both roms, and I know the UD users have been patiently waiting for this theme to come to the UD 2.x series.

Thanks again.

Yeah, I think I could do that. I was running UD 1.0.0 and know NexTheme was ported for that prior to CM 6.1 RC4 and then nightly build #191. I checked out UD 2.0 for about 10 minutes before I nandroided back. I never did see NexTheme ported to 2.0 either.

I love CM ROM’s but the theme selection has always been a little on the lacking side (or maybe I was looking in the wrong places…lol) that’s when I sat down and said how hard can this be??? Now we have NexTheme on CM 6.1 RC4 and nightly build #191. I also have a much gained respect for themers and dev’s.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

That's great news! However, don't kill yourself trying to get this turned out in the next 24-48 hours. None of this stuff is more important than family. Make sure you enjoy the next couple of days with your loved ones and then get back at it after the holiday.

Thanks again.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
captdroid, have you ventured to the uncharted territory of the builds above 191? its up to 198 i think

Not yet... been watching feedback on Cyanogen forum... at some point will have to though. Don't want to lose NexTheme and if framework has changed you don't want to flash the 191 NexTheme and I'm not going to ask bp328i to port for every other nightly... lol which I doubt he would anyway... to much work. And CM nightly build 191 has been running great for me so...

That would be a lot of work....lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just asking a question here, and not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers...

It looks like UD 2.1 has dropped and is getting rave reviews. Any chance you guys could take your version of nextheme over to that rom? I regularly switch out my UD and CyanMod roms to switch things up and check out the nightlies. I'd love to have the same theme on both roms, and I know the UD users have been patiently waiting for this theme to come to the UD 2.x series.

Thanks again.

Yeah, I think I could do that. I was running UD 1.0.0 and know NexTheme was ported for that prior to CM 6.1 RC4 and then nightly build #191. I checked out UD 2.0 for about 10 minutes before I nandroided back. I never did see NexTheme ported to 2.0 either.

I love CM ROM’s but the theme selection has always been a little on the lacking side (or maybe I was looking in the wrong places…lol) that’s when I sat down and said how hard can this be??? Now we have NexTheme on CM 6.1 RC4 and nightly build #191. I also have a much gained respect for themers and dev’s.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

That's great news! However, don't kill yourself trying to get this turned out in the next 24-48 hours. None of this stuff is more important than family. Make sure you enjoy the next couple of days with your loved ones and then get back at it after the holiday.

Thanks again.

Well since I'm putting the Turkey in I'll be up way before everyone else with nothing to do. In addition, it's so much easier to do this type of stuff with no one up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dpaine88

Reaction score
Yea just tried installing it on 196, no-go. Figured I'd give a heads up to give people a heads up.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea just tried installing it on 196, no-go. Figured I'd give a heads up to give people a heads up.

Thank you for the attempt. If it turns out that 196 is that much better than 191 I will port it over. It's just a lot of work for a build that can be out dated the next day...

captdroid

Reaction score

Yea like I mentioned in a previous post... when framework changes you don't want to load a theme for another build. It will revert those changes or worse. And framework changes often from one build to another.

captdroid

Reaction score

Thank you for the attempt. If it turns out that 196 is that much better than 191 I will port it over. It's just a lot of work for a build that can be out dated the next day...

Build 198 is already out...

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score