[THEME] Black Juice for rubiX Focused 1.6 - Final

teh_g

Reaction score
Okay, not sure if this is just me but today I charged my battery to full. When I picked the phone back up to use it (after maybe half an hour) I noticed 2 of the circular "blips" were empty (80%). However, it seemed way too fast for 20% of my battery to be gone so I plugged it in. Well on the lock screen when I did this it said I had 90% battery left, which would mean only 1 circular blip should have been gone. I unplugged it and sure enough 2 blips were still not lit.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I show 2 blips missing, and my battery monitor shows 90% as well.

jloya

Reaction score
Okay, not sure if this is just me but today I charged my battery to full. When I picked the phone back up to use it (after maybe half an hour) I noticed 2 of the circular "blips" were empty (80%). However, it seemed way too fast for 20% of my battery to be gone so I plugged it in. Well on the lock screen when I did this it said I had 90% battery left, which would mean only 1 circular blip should have been gone. I unplugged it and sure enough 2 blips were still not lit.

I had 4 blips missing and my battery read 70 percent

EDIT: just checked phone its missing 2 blips and battery indicates 90 percent

I pulled phone off charger 1 hour ago and have sent 1 text message and checked 1 email other than that phone has not been in use

Last edited:

JRobzilla

Reaction score
It sounds like whatever is driving the images to show the correct % is working in 20% increments instead of the 10% represented by the icon?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Those are custom Icons I've put together over the years, I used BetterCut to create the shortcuts with the custom PNG's. They are not part of the theme, but I can email you them if you like!

** Added download link to first post for the icons, enjoy!

I'm sure I won't be the only one with this question, so rather than respond via PM, I'll put it here:

Once I have this icons.rar file, what do I do with it in order to apply the changes? I've been learning a lot about changing my phone around but this is a new change for me :)

You will need a program like Better Cut or Desktop Visualizer to create custom shortcuts. I use both, but prefer Better Cut for simple icons.

Open the Icons.zip and copy out the Icons into a new folder named Icons. Copy this folder onto your SDcard and place it into the Pictures folder. If you don't have a Pictures folder, make one! then place the Icons folder inside. After that install Better Cut via the market.

Once you install Better Cut...
1. Long press on the home screen and select "Shortcuts".
2. Select Better Cut.
3. Once inside Better Cut its pretty straight forward, select Installed Apps.
4. Select the app you're making a shortcut for.
5. Tap the "Change Icon" button. Browse for the icons folder.
6. Select the Icon you want.
7. Press "Create" and the Shortcut will be created on your home screen!

Enjoy :)

Well I was hoping this would work with Desktop Visualizer but nothing I did would make it recognize the icons. It opened my gallery to ask which picture to use and I didn't want to use any pictures. Nowhere in my gallery were the .png files. I don't want to spend $2 on Better Cut if there's a free option lol.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It sounds like whatever is driving the images to show the correct % is working in 20% increments instead of the 10% represented by the icon?

I had 4 blips missing and my battery read 70 percent

EDIT: just checked phone its missing 2 blips and battery indicates 90 percent

I pulled phone off charger 1 hour ago and have sent 1 text message and checked 1 email other than that phone has not been in use

Its set to 10%, should function normally. Have you seen it with 9,7, or 5 blips colored? I'll look into it further!

I'm sure I won't be the only one with this question, so rather than respond via PM, I'll put it here:

Once I have this icons.rar file, what do I do with it in order to apply the changes? I've been learning a lot about changing my phone around but this is a new change for me :)

You will need a program like Better Cut or Desktop Visualizer to create custom shortcuts. I use both, but prefer Better Cut for simple icons.

Open the Icons.zip and copy out the Icons into a new folder named Icons. Copy this folder onto your SDcard and place it into the Pictures folder. If you don't have a Pictures folder, make one! then place the Icons folder inside. After that install Better Cut via the market.

Once you install Better Cut...
1. Long press on the home screen and select "Shortcuts".
2. Select Better Cut.
3. Once inside Better Cut its pretty straight forward, select Installed Apps.
4. Select the app you're making a shortcut for.
5. Tap the "Change Icon" button. Browse for the icons folder.
6. Select the Icon you want.
7. Press "Create" and the Shortcut will be created on your home screen!

Enjoy :)

Well I was hoping this would work with Desktop Visualizer but nothing I did would make it recognize the icons. It opened my gallery to ask which picture to use and I didn't want to use any pictures. Nowhere in my gallery were the .png files. I don't want to spend $2 on Better Cut if there's a free option lol.

It does, use Astro to browse for the images instead of Gallery, I just tried it with DV and was able to make an icon with it.

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Its set to 10%, should function normally. Have you seen it with 9,7, or 5 blips colored? I'll look into it further!

I'll keep an eye on the icon to see if odd-numbered blips show up.

detox

Reaction score
I manually entered said and it seemed to find itself. I tried wiping and reinstalling but that didn't work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Ill have the battery increment fixed tonight. As for the wifi that isn't from my theme.

detox

Reaction score
My wifi network had a lock on it and when I entered it manually it took instantly. Hope that works for you.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
If I had to guess Id say the guys having the battery increment issue were running the Green theme?

Testing now, should be fixed!

JRobzilla

Reaction score
If I had to guess Id say the guys having the battery increment issue were running the Green theme?

I'm running the original blue theme. Re-Downloading now. :)

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

I'm running the original blue theme. Re-Downloading now. :)

Blue doing it also? I didn't have time to test Green properly today, made it in a rush. But I'm pretty sure Blue was working fine, Let me double check. Ill update the OP if it isn't working correctly!

Last edited: