[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
i've read the first 3 posts but Im unsure where the directions are? I've downloaded the zip file and unzipped it on my desktop, inside I don't see any files with instructions either. Am I missing something?

Have you opened up the Theme file in MetaMorph......

phatkat66

Reaction score
No, I was too busy trying to "read before attempting" lol ^_^ i'll try that now thanks.

Does this theme the Stock Home for the X? or just ADW?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
No, I was too busy trying to "read before attempting" lol ^_^ i'll try that now thanks.

Bad kitty!!!...you didn't even read the Themed apps list in Post 1....if you only knew what a slow 2 finger typer I am you would appreciate the effort I put in to type all that stuff for you guys :)

But yes, "BlurHome.apk" is in the Themed list.

anj109

Reaction score

Bad kitty!!!...you didn't even read the Themed apps list in Post 1....if you only knew what a slow 2 finger typer I am you would appreciate the effort I put in to type all that stuff for you guys :)

But yes, "BlurHome.apk" is in the Themed list.

Also just wondering, do you ever theme for the Launcher Pro APK?

phatkat66

Reaction score
I did read it >_<

It was just a lot to process and when i saw "adw" and the screenshots I didnt see any for blurs home, just adw home.

I definitely appreciate the wall of text ^_^

BTW thank YOU for theming the home dock (or dock's home w.e.) I HATE how it looks for some reason and been looking for a way to change it. Now its not so bad

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
OH, BTW...for those worrying about settings the File permssions manually...you can cheat and use ROM Manager to do it for you. Just download from the Market and select the "Fix Permisisons" option. It will fix the permssions on the entire phone correctly with one tap.

I just tested it and it worked perfectly.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Going through the permissions in my apps i noticed super user wasnt set to the usual rw--r--r like the other ones is that normal? I never touched permissions before so idk what to expect.

I installed and followed the directions the way it said to. When i got to the last part, I put the delay to 5000 but the moment i pressed apply it rebooted almost instantly, everything seems themed except my notification bar, nothing up there changed at all. Any help?

I also can't get to blur home anymore. Im stuck using adw. I can't uninstall adw either. I use my moto widgets so id like to stay with the blurhome.apk, It wont even let me manually install the apk in system/app folder even though its there. (hope im not being a pain i appreciate the help and the theme itself ^_^)

EDIT: Nvm, I reapplied the last step again and it worked now. I noticed the moto widgets is under "widgets" now mixed in with everything else so I dont need blurhome.apk anymore. (gotta redo my entire home now UGH) Still wondering about the permissions for SU though.

Last edited:

RoLa

Reaction score
Just applied this to my friends Rooted X...Simply Amazing!!!!! Thank You 928!!!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Going through the permissions in my apps i noticed super user wasnt set to the usual rw--r--r like the other ones is that normal? I never touched permissions before so idk what to expect.

I installed and followed the directions the way it said to. When i got to the last part, I put the delay to 5000 but the moment i pressed apply it rebooted almost instantly, everything seems themed except my notification bar, nothing up there changed at all. Any help?

I also can't get to blur home anymore. Im stuck using adw. I can't uninstall adw either. I use my moto widgets so id like to stay with the blurhome.apk, It wont even let me manually install the apk in system/app folder even though its there. (hope im not being a pain i appreciate the help and the theme itself ^_^)

EDIT: Nvm, I reapplied the last step again and it worked now. I noticed the moto widgets is under "widgets" now mixed in with everything else so I dont need blurhome.apk anymore. (gotta redo my entire home now UGH) Still wondering about the permissions for SU though.

That is becasue you are now using ADW launcher.. for some reason MotoBlur doesn't give you the normal option to set one or the other Home apps as default...actually not sure of this is a Blur issue or an ADW on Droid X issue.

Until some one gets it fixed the workaround to get back to the Blur Home (if you want to ) is to use Root Explorer and go to system/app and rename org.adw.laucher-1.apk to .bak or .apk2 etc. to kill it so BlurHome is the default. You don't even need to reboot, the change will be imediate when you exit Root Explorer.

To go back to ADW, just remove the "2" or whatever to get it back to .apk...same deal, exit RE and ADW should be active once again.

Clunky, but it works and is actually faster for me than going to Manage Applications, finding the home app and clearing the default like you would normally do with as Droid 1.

jattfromohio

Reaction score
Can some please help me. I install everything step by step but, somhow my Droid X didnt power back up after reboot, it goes upto moto eye after that goes off and come up to droid screen and same step over and over. can some one please help on this

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Can some please help me. I install everything step by step but, somhow my Droid X didnt power back up after reboot, it goes upto moto eye after that goes off and come up to droid screen and same step over and over. can some one please help on this

Are you sure you set the Permissions for services.jar? and did them correctly?

In order for me to help you the best I need to know exactly what went wrong and it is vital for you to recall what steps you could have missed or did incorrecty.

Think hard about the services.jar...that is basically the one that would cause this.

jattfromohio

Reaction score
i did that now im down to zero so how can i go to what i had. is there any update file becuse i can goto recovery menu by holding power and search and home. please help me. thank you

Last edited: