[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for CM 6.0.0 "Final" now available!

wdphotography

Reaction score
I also tried installing and the only thing that does change is my facebook widget...everything stays stock CM6

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I found the problem and am making a custom script to "undo" the situation for those that have already tried to install it.

In a Nutshell, the new CM6 is so big there is little to no allowable space left in system/app. The combination of this and the 3 extra goodies (DroidEye and D2 LWPs and the DX Video Player) I added were too much for the Droid's small system storage.. this is why only some things were being themed. It would accept some of the files and then literally reject the rest of the Theme...without giving an error :-(

Anywho, my new Update zip (uploading now) will automatcially delete those files during the Theme install , if they are already there.

I would also recommend you delete the Amazon MP3 app if you don't use it, file name is com.amazon.mp3.apk , this will also help.

The biggest problem is CM decided to add a new "CM Wallpaper app" into the system area that is close to 6mb , plus their LiveWallpaper app also in the system area is also now approx 6mb....not to mention the addition of around 8-10 other CM specific apps in the system area. While IMHO this may be OK for a Nexus One or similar, it is just WAY too much for a Droid with it's smaller system memory...but it is what it is. I do know if I was running this ROM on a daily basis the first thing I would do is delete CMwallpapers.apk at a minimum.

Regardless, give it about 30 minutes and look for a new file with "r1" at the end of the description , file name will be "928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM-6-0-0-NoLauncher-r1.zip"

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Kewl

I wiped again to get a fresh instal of CM6....I started now installing my apps & etc...in anticipation you would figure it out, so if i am fresh install of blackglass that file you listed with the "r1" should install ok....? Thanks again for resolving the issue so quickly.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Also, for those using CM6 Launcher2..I HIGHLY recommend flashing my CM6 Launcher Zip file BEFORE you apply the main Theme file... again, same problem, the Launcher2 included with CM6 is close to 5mb as it has the same Wallpapers that is in the new CMWallpaper app ...so you have around 9-10mb of Wallpapers in your system area ..gonna keep my mouth shut as to my opinion of this practice...

anywho, my version of the same Launcher2 is only 650k. The file is in the same download folder, name is "928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-Launcher2.zip". I have long ago started the habit of removing wallpapers from Launcher apps and my Themes typically install them on the SDcard automatically in the 928Droid folder. Saves a HUGE amount of space in the limited system area.

Last edited:

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Will be still be able to get the DX player if we desire?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Will be still be able to get the DX player if we desire?

I am working on a new update that will "fix" this "Wallpaper in the system area" situation and put them all on the SDCard.. hope ya'll don't mind.

This will not only give the room for things like the DX player, but also give you more room for other system apps you may want to add in the future. As it is now there is no room for nothing additional at the moment.

If it were a Droid X or Droid 2 with 8gb of internal storage it wouldn't matter, but the Droid only has 256mb of internal storage and having 10mb of Wallpapers in that small area IS a big deal to me, I can't let it stand.

Look for an "r2" version later tonight, maybe within the next hour or so.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Also, for those using CM6 Launcher2..I HIGHLY recommend flashing my CM6 Launcher Zip file BEFORE you apply the main Theme file... again, same problem, the Launcher2 included with CM6 is close to 5mb as it has the same Wallpapers that is in the new CMWallpaper app ...so you have around 9-10mb of Wallpapers in your system area ..gonna keep my mouth shut as to my opinion of this practice...

anywho, my version of the same Launcher2 is only 650k. The file is in the same download folder, name is "928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-Launcher2.zip". I have long ago started the habit of removing wallpapers from Launcher apps and my Themes typically install them on the SDcard automatically in the 928Droid folder. Saves a HUGE amount of space in the limited system area.

This is confirmed, If you are currently using Launcher2, unless you run my Launcher2 update first the Theme will not apply.

This is will be fixed with the "r2" Theme update coming very soon.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
OK, 2 new files are uploading, be active in about 20 minutes... I have eliminated the "NoLauncher" Theme.

There are now 2 Choices, one if you want the ADW Launcher and one if you want Launcher2.

File names are:

928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-wADWlauncher.zip

928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-wLauncher2.zip

This should solve all issues, but I will continue testing various scenarious to be sure.

FYI, the CM Wallpapers are now in the SDcard/928Droid/CMwallpapers Folder... install them with the Gallery app.

Last edited:

jtavera

Reaction score
Hello i install your theme, now i reinstall the rom cm6, but i have the facebook app of your theme , how i cant back this app to stock one? thanks

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Downloading as we speak...will let ya know a.s.a.p. on the results.

I removed the cmp wallpaper.apk & the amazonmp3.apk as u recommended...& Im installing the adw theme.

Last edited:

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Rock n Roll

Kick ass....worked flawlessly....thanks again for resolving the issues so promptly !!! Now I can sleep good tonight....lol