[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Simply Stunning v4.5 now available!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Black Glass for SS 4.5 Framework PATCH update.zip.

This is NOT a complete Theme update, just incudes the fix for the Notifications Clear Button.

928DroidBlackGlass-SS-4-5-PATCH-update.zip

New Full Theme update zip with same corrections uploading, will be available in Main Thread in 5-10 minutes.

Hey there. Love the theme. I'm having the same issue of the notification messages and clear button black on black. It appears that this patch is no longer available for download. Should I re-install the entire theme?

Thanks

You need to install the theme over chevy theme version not the no theme. I have that problem too. Im too lazy to re-install the correct chevy version. Im burnt out from flashing a new Rom every 30 min dancedroid

MrC1122

Reaction score
It seems your theme installs fine over top of the SS Blue theme for 4.5. But it won't install properly over unthemed SS 4.5.

Strange...It was just the opposite for me. I came from SS4.4 notheme/BG2.2 to 4.5 themed and had a few fc's, installed BG and had more fc's. Relfashed back to 4.4 notheme/bg and then ug to 4.5 notheme, went well with no fc's. Installed BG again still no fc's. Don't know why, but this is what worked for me. The only issues I have is not being able to update a few apps, other than that...all is well. BTW...new SS badge looks good dave, is there a way to dl?

Tristor

Reaction score
928Droid would you be interested in possibly including a matching themed version of the v27 HTC_IME Hi-Res for Froyo + Clicker_Hi in your theme update.zip? I made a matching version using Gimpsta's Themer which looks super nice with Black Glass.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928Droid would you be interested in possibly including a matching themed version of the v27 HTC_IME Hi-Res for Froyo + Clicker_Hi in your theme update.zip? I made a matching version using Gimpsta's Themer which looks super nice with Black Glass.

All my latest Themes(and the futures ones) have the matching Gimpsta KB apk in placed in a 928droid folder created on the SDcard, all you have to do is click it and install it.

Great idea, smart minds think a like :)

Tristor

Reaction score

All my latest Themes(and the futures ones) have the matching Gimpsta KB apk in placed in a 928droid folder created on the SDcard, all you have to do is click it and install it.

I'm surprised I never noticed that. I wonder if your themed version looks better than mine ;)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I wonder if your themed version looks better than mine ;)

I was wondering the same thing...maybe we should share and take notes...which ever one matches the best is the one I will use :)

willtate

Reaction score
I have noticed two places where there can be black on black text.

#1. Google Latitude widget. The contact's name is in blue but their location is black against the black background.

#2. Google Talk status bar notification. When I get a Google Talk message i can't read the preview text in the status bar at the top as it is black on black.

y0rk

Reaction score
Sounds like a winner I'm running this theme over sapphire b/c the battery icon being chevy's blue one at 10% marks 4 some reason it just became a pet peeve so I went to sapphire although its been running great I'm looking forward to going back to simply stunning

Sent from my Black Glass Sapphire Enhanced Droid using Tapatalk

FYI, the Battery Icons in my BG theme for SS 4.5 are slightly different than the "stock" SS versions, just a few small tweeks..

12093d1279639898-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-simply-stunning-v4-5-now-available-bg-ss-battery-icons.png

I still have the original .psd file for those if you want it. you could adjust font, color, in layers and not get the shadow residuals left. just let me know and i'll send you a link

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I have noticed two places where there can be black on black text.

#1. Google Latitude widget. The contact's name is in blue but their location is black against the black background.

#2. Google Talk status bar notification. When I get a Google Talk message i can't read the preview text in the status bar at the top as it is black on black.

I will see if I can track those down and fix them..thanks for the feedback!!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Sounds like a winner I'm running this theme over sapphire b/c the battery icon being chevy's blue one at 10% marks 4 some reason it just became a pet peeve so I went to sapphire although its been running great I'm looking forward to going back to simply stunning

Sent from my Black Glass Sapphire Enhanced Droid using Tapatalk

FYI, the Battery Icons in my BG theme for SS 4.5 are slightly different than the "stock" SS versions, just a few small tweeks..

12093d1279639898-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-simply-stunning-v4-5-now-available-bg-ss-battery-icons.png

I still have the original .psd file for those if you want it. you could adjust font, color, in layers and not get the shadow residuals left. just let me know and i'll send you a link

Thanks for the offer...if v4.6 uses those I will take you up on it!

BTW, I much prefer the "upright" Battery Icon, nice job, looks more "correct" to me...sort of like a beer glass getting empty :)

Seriously, it is easier to recognize the Battery level IMHO.

y0rk

Reaction score

BTW, I much prefer the "upright" Battery Icon, nice job, looks more "correct" to me...sort of like a beer glass getting empty :)

I appreciate the feedback on those. This is what I was working on earlier but when they get shrunk down for the status bar it loses alot.

y0rk-albums-screen-shots-picture1562-newbattery.png

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I appreciate the feedback on those. This is what I was working on earlier but when they get shrunk down for the status bar it loses alot.

y0rk-albums-screen-shots-picture1562-newbattery.png

Yeah that's the problem with "fancy" Status Icons...they look great in Screen Caps....but for real world usage ...simplier is always best. Your other ones work GREAT!

gmmurphy

Reaction score
dave,
again great job. i jumped from bbv0.4 to ssv4.5 it was so easy with his bkapps/rsapps. i was getting antsy. took chevys un-themed rom and black glass over it. zero install problems. only thing i found is the mms black chev symbol cant read the text, black on black. i changed background per your instructions re-started mms, still the same problem.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
dave,
again great job. i jumped from bbv0.4 to ssv4.5 it was so easy with his bkapps/rsapps. i was getting antsy. took chevys un-themed rom and black glass over it. zero install problems. only thing i found is the mms black chev symbol cant read the text, black on black. i changed background per your instructions re-started mms, still the same problem.

Not sure I understand...can you post a screen cap?

gmmurphy

Reaction score
dave,

Not sure I understand...can you post a screen cap?

thanks!

~g

Last edited: