[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Simply Stunning v4.5 now available!

tinashe.gilbert

Reaction score
Anyone/Everyone

I have been using SS V4.4 with Black Glass theme. I updated to V4.5 today but i have had a hard time theming with Black Glass. I first tried downloading the file to my computer then i moved it into download folder after naming it update.zip. I tried to apply it via sprecovery and that didnt work. I moved the file onto root of sd card and that did not work too. I tried with rom manager to "install rom from sd card" with the update.zip in download and out of download. Please help! ! ! !

So you are now running SS V4.5 right? so download this file: 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-SS-4-5-update.zip
and if you're using SPrecovery place it on the root of your SD, name it update.zip (are you using windows? if so, you should name the file "update" because Windows will usually hide the .zip so if you name it update.zip, it'll actually be update.zip.zip)

reboot into recovery and install the update.zip
that should hopefully work fine :)

Thanks for the response. That is what I have done 4 or 5 times to no avail. I really like the black glass theme that I have opted to remain on SSV4.4 untl someone helps me out. Thanks again for trying.
Oh and when I go into sprecovery and try to use the update file, it ends up installing some version of bugless beast. I deleted that version and put the black glass theme one and when I tried, it said there is no update file even though I can see it when I go into sprecovery!!!!!!

spruce_rd

Reaction score
@ 928Droid,
one of the nicest theme, pleasure to use it,
big thanks!

B-RAN

Reaction score
Loved it on C6 and now loving it on SS! Thanks 928Droid! I am having the same problem as others with the notification bar text in black. Has anyone figured out a fix? I did a clean install of SS4.5(stock theme) and installed the BG theme. Also seems to be black text in ongoing notificaiton so not sure if that is linked? Thanks!

willtate

Reaction score
Anyone/Everyone

I have been using SS V4.4 with Black Glass theme. I updated to V4.5 today but i have had a hard time theming with Black Glass. I first tried downloading the file to my computer then i moved it into download folder after naming it update.zip. I tried to apply it via sprecovery and that didnt work. I moved the file onto root of sd card and that did not work too. I tried with rom manager to "install rom from sd card" with the update.zip in download and out of download. Please help! ! ! !

i seem to be having this same issue. i put the file renamed as "update.zip" in the root, boot to recovery (clockwork) and install update.zip. it says it successfully installed, but when i boot up nothing is themed.

i did a fresh install (with two wipes) of SS 4.5 stock theme.

dclutter1

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I did wipe and then install your update.

Hehe, yeah I saw the posts about that. Everybody has to start somewhere but, seriously, if you can't match up theme names to rom names...

So, yes, I wiped and did a clean install of 4.5, let it sync, then applied THE CORRESPONDING VERSION of BG. I did replace a couple of icons in the framework-res but, I always do that.

OK, give me an hour and I will reload everything fresh and verify issue and fix it.

Hi Guys,

Not sure what is happening with your installs but I just went from CM6, did a full wipe, installed SS v4.5 (normal version, not "no-theme" version) and then installed my Theme (even downloaded a fresh copy from my link).. Everything is fine.

All I can say is make sure you have the latest version of my Theme...and here is no reason to run the Patch, that was for the prior version.

Sorry, I was hoping to find an issue to helo yuo guys, but I can't find anything wrong.

I think I installed the "no theme" version of SS. I guess I'll try the regular version and see what happens. Thanks for looking into it.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

willtate

Reaction score
Hold up before you do anything....writing thorough install guide, be posted in a few.

any update?

*EDIT*

It seems your theme installs fine over top of the SS Blue theme for 4.5. But it won't install properly over unthemed SS 4.5.

fantastic work btw! now that i've finally seen the theme on my phone <3 <3

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Hold up before you do anything....writing thorough install guide, be posted in a few.

any update?

*EDIT*

It seems your theme installs fine over top of the SS Blue theme for 4.5. But it won't install properly over unthemed SS 4.5.

That was going to be part of the Instructions,..guess you beat me too it :)

In other words load SS v4.5 "normal" Version , NOT the NO THEME version and it should be fine.

Sorry I hadn't written it all up yet...working on releasing "a" revisions of all the Themes. Should have them all done by End of Day.

joneee

Reaction score
Just installed about an hour ago. Looks really nice and I sure appreciate your work. Thanks a lot!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

any update?

*EDIT*

That was going to be part of the Instructions,..guess you beat me too it :)

In other words load SS v4.5 "normal" Version , NOT the NO THEME version and it should be fine.

Sorry I hadn't written it all up yet...working on releasing "a" revisions of all the Themes. Should have them all done by End of Day.

I installed it over none theme version. Its working properly on my end unless Im missing something. :icon_eek:

flyinion

Reaction score
Thanks for the theme, enjoying it so far. I usually like the skinned "stock" icons like the browser, mail, etc. but I'm thinking this is worth losing that for all the other goodies :) Install was very easy too. This was my first time installing a theme on top of a ROM. In the past I've just chosen a "theme" during the ROM dowload in ROM Manager.

lediable

Reaction score
SMS Background

LOVE THE THEME, but after upgrading from SS4.4 to 4.5 (and the corresponding version of BG2.2) this morning, I noticed something kind of strange in the default messaging app that I didn't see when I was running SS4.4. The background for the received messages is black with a + in it. Any thoughts, or is there an option somewhere to change this?

On a side note, another thing I noticed different in the theme is for SS4.5 the boot animation changed back to the red eye. Was that intentional?

Keep up the awesome work!!!!!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
LOVE THE THEME, but after upgrading from SS4.4 to 4.5 (and the corresponding version of BG2.2) this morning, I noticed something kind of strange in the default messaging app that I didn't see when I was running SS4.4. The background for the received messages is black with a + in it. Any thoughts, or is there an option somewhere to change this?

On a side note, another thing I noticed different in the theme is for SS4.5 the boot animation changed back to the red eye. Was that intentional?

Keep up the awesome work!!!!!

Glad you like the Theme, thanks!

DO me a favor and change the background setting for the MMS app to "Black Background", (in Messaging app, Menu>Settings> Background at the bottom) exit the app and then open it again. Then let me know if you still have the same issue. As usual Screen caps help dramaically, thanks!

lediable

Reaction score
Glad you like the Theme, thanks!

DO me a favor and change the background setting for the MMS app to "Black Background", (in Messaging app, Menu>Settings> Background at the bottom) exit the app and then open it again. Then let me know if you still have the same issue. As usual Screen caps help dramaically, thanks!

Snap, thats a quick response. Ok, so that corrected the + symbol in the background, but created another problem (maybe its just me?). Now I can't read the name/number in the list of threads - seems to be black on black.

Lloyds

Reaction score
Black Glass for SS 4.5 Framework PATCH update.zip.

This is NOT a complete Theme update, just incudes the fix for the Notifications Clear Button.

928DroidBlackGlass-SS-4-5-PATCH-update.zip

New Full Theme update zip with same corrections uploading, will be available in Main Thread in 5-10 minutes.

Hey there. Love the theme. I'm having the same issue of the notification messages and clear button black on black. It appears that this patch is no longer available for download. Should I re-install the entire theme?

Thanks