[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock

Discussion in '928Droid' started by 928Droid, Jun 10, 2010.

1. gotwillk

gotwillk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not trying to be rude but I don't really care either way if that app is themed or not. I wanted to apply the update but it didn't seem to work. so I assumed it was because it was themed and I was right. I just wanted to know a way to uninstall the fb app. that's all. and I found it so no worries there. also I don't think uninstalling the one app is that big of a hassle.

2. seahawk1984

seahawk1984 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Careful, I used titanium backup to uninstall the facebook app, and messed the phone up a little bit. I am using the Sapphire ROM, with the google apps package, and facebook is a system app. When I uninstalled it, it messed up all my contacts that I had synced. And even then it would not allow me to install the facebook for android update from the market. So ended up doing a wipe of the phone and re-installing all roms, because I was not sure which one had facebook. (I now know that it's in the google apps package that goes with sapphire) So we may have to wait for 928Droid to mod the new version. And that's fine with me, I can use curent version of Facebook until then. Keep up the great work 928Droid!

Yay! I'm not a junior droid any more!! Woot!

#974 seahawk1984, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  3. Brian_Rohan

Brian_Rohan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the hard work, and great themes. I wanted to change the Droid Does at the bottom of the notification window. I pulled the framework-res.apk, modified the status_bar_background.png, put it back in the .apk, resigned it then pushed it to the /system/framework directory. When I boot my phone, I can't see the wallpaper image on the lock screen. When I unlock the phone I get LOTS of foreclose messages for basic apps/processes like calendar, clock, gmail, etc. After these pass I can pull down my notification window, which has my new logo. When I start any apps, they all foreclose as well.

Any ideas?

4. gotwillk

gotwillk Member

Ratings:
    +0

actually that's exactly what i did. i used tibu to uninstall it. then i went back into the market to try to update it but it still wouldn't work. figured i needed a reboot so i rebooted and that fixed it. went back into market and update installed no problem. synced back my contacts with fb and everything.

5. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Then you are in the wrong thread :)..... try the Applications Forum for learning to remove system apps.

6. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Start from the beginning again..but SKIP the signing part... that usually makes a system app "unhappy".

7. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seen it???? I am about half way done with it...it will be waiting for you in the morning( If not sooner) with all the latest stuff I put in it. :)

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

8. jbdavies

jbdavies Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So... I am 100% confused when I try and read this page and figure out which one I should download. :(

I just installed the FRG22 update... ROM, thing. And just installed P3Droid 125-1.25Ghz kernel.

I want this theme... but can't figure out which one I should install. Anyone care to help? lol Thanks in advance.

9. Brian_Rohan

Brian_Rohan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! of course that worked, I did the mods while using 7Zip on the entire theme. As I am trying to learn, why doesn't signing make the sys apps happy, just android O/S needs special signing?

10. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    08/04/10 - NEW RELEASE!! - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 for FRG22!! Includes all the latest Google apps!!

Link in Post #1

Didn't get to new Facebook yet, will do it tomorrow...it 4am and I am BEAT!!

11. hollowbox

hollowbox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love the theme, running frg22 and this is exactly what I wanted....was going to ask about facebook but I see your on it so ill check back later.......awesome work man!

12. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid Member

Ratings:
    +1

Hey Dave,

I tried the link in OP for the FRF22 and it says on the media fire page that the download is labeled private. Any ideas?

Search tags for this page
android black glass theme

black glass theme

froyo metamorph themes
home+theme apk
metamorph android 2.2 themes
metamorph themes
metamorph themes android 2.2
metamorph themes froyo 2.2
metamorph themes zip download
metamorph zip themes