[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock

jbrock98

Reaction score
Ever going to support Ultimate Droid??? ur theme is my favorite and Ultimate Droid is the best froyo rom i've flashed its blazing fast and has so many crazy features EXCEPT being able to install this theme over it....WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MAKE THAT HAPPEN????

wingdo

Reaction score
Ever going to support Ultimate Droid??? ur theme is my favorite and Ultimate Droid is the best froyo rom i've flashed its blazing fast and has so many crazy features EXCEPT being able to install this theme over it....WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MAKE THAT HAPPEN????

You and one other keep asking that question. While I don't speak for anyone but myself, I think the fact the question no longer gets answered is an answer in itself. I'd not hold my breath if I were you.

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
No quite correct, search my Black Glass Threads, I have answered it 4 or 5 times...after a while I refuse to use my limited time to answer the same questions over and over..especially when the people asking the question won't use their time to at least try a search.

In a nutshell, when BD releases a ROM that doesn't have to be unpdated once a week and therefore making me update the Theme for it once a week I will consider it...until I see that pattern I will not consider it.

Look at the other major ROM Devs, do they release a new version every week or every few days...nope..because they don't need to.

FYI, not meaning to start a BD debate and will delete any such posts in my Threads....you asked the question, you got my answer.

On to fun stuff..... here is a sneak peak at the new Settings Icons...this shows the increased level of details the new release is going to have....and why it is taking so long...it's all in the little details :)

Oh, before you get confused, those are screen caps from my Droid X... but the Icons are the same ...for the Settings that the Droid 1 has.

13371d1281729110-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-settings1.png

13372d1281729122-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-settings2.png

Last edited:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
nice

Like the new icons with the black border looks great. and i agree and undertand about not wanting to port daily:) but your assumption that it has to be because its bugged is absolutley not true. its adding featues and yes an occasional bug no different than other roms. but CM releases daily , its jut that they leave 1 somewhat stable version up for a long time so as they are updating and bug fixing daily. and you dont theme to the nightlies which is understandable. hopefully this weekends 7.0 will be a longer term rom for you to theme. I am liking watermarked but your themes are by far the most complete out there. great job and keep up the good work and thanks for all the time you spend for free for us to enjoy our phones.

danielson2047

Reaction score
I tried searching to no avail. I downloaded and installed on stock rooted frg22, and it looks amazing, except the time is in black, the status bar is in black, i can't read it! Quick fix? Best looking theme i've seen yet.

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
I tried searching to no avail. I downloaded and installed on stock rooted frg22, and it looks amazing, except the time is in black, the status bar is in black, i can't read it! Quick fix? Best looking theme i've seen yet.

Make sure you installed the right theme for your rom - deodexed or non-deodexed? I would go back to post one and re-do.

jbrock98

Reaction score
No quite correct, search my Black Glass Threads, I have answered it 4 or 5 times...after a while I refuse to use my limited time to answer the same questions over and over..especially when the people asking the question won't use their time to at least try a search.

In a nutshell, when BD releases a ROM that doesn't have to be unpdated once a week and therefore making me update the Theme for it once a week I will consider it...until I see that pattern I will not consider it.

Look at the other major ROM Devs, do they release a new version every week or every few days...nope..because they don't need to.

FYI, not meaning to start a BD debate and will delete any such posts in my Threads....you asked the question, you got my answer.

On to fun stuff..... here is a sneak peak at the new Settings Icons...this shows the increased level of details the new release is going to have....and why it is taking so long...it's all in the little details :)

Oh, before you get confused, those are screen caps from my Droid X... but the Icons are the same ...for the Settings that the Droid 1 has.

13371d1281729110-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-settings1.png

13372d1281729122-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock-settings2.png

i've seen one of the answers was b/c the font was too hard to read or something but since UD6 has the option(feature) to see a font u like and to click it to install it i thought maybe that might've helped/changed things i didn't mean to bug u it just sucks i can't support my fav theme on my fav rom...hopefully a froyo rom will be released that u support that runs as well on my phone as Ultimate Droid does because ur theme is the best all around theme out and my absolute favorite

Last edited:

hydweb

Reaction score
Not as smooth as i thought

I have the 928 update installed over frg22. initially it was awesome. But after some use. i did notice that every time i playing or working on any program for an extended period of time and then i click the home screen.

It takes is sweeet time to redraw all the icons which is quiet annoying.

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Most likely the issue is a task killer or something else killing the launcher program. Search for screen redraw lags and you will find a plethora of threads that have nothing to do with themes. FYI I had the same issue with CM6 and Launcher2. I used ADWLauncher this time around with the setting to leave it resident in memory and that solved it for me. Not as cool as Launcher2 but they don't have the stay resident setting that I can find.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I have the 928 update installed over frg22. initially it was awesome. But after some use. i did notice that every time i playing or working on any program for an extended period of time and then i click the home screen.

It takes is sweeet time to redraw all the icons which is quiet annoying.

I have noticed the exact same thing... running cyanogen cm 6 RC2...thinking maybe go back to frg10b??? not sure how to fix it. now my slingplayer won't work either

Typically Launcher related, not Theme related.

danielson2047

Reaction score

Figured it out. I installed Smoked Glass 6.0 and then installed black glass over that w/o a wipe and bammo, looks awesome.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Figured it out. I installed Smoked Glass 6.0 and then installed black glass over that w/o a wipe and bammo, looks awesome.

Interesting ...and scary at the same time!