[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock

hollowbox

Reaction score
sorry man...I'm using frg22. I double checked that ididnt name it wrong, put it as update.zip on root of sd, went in to sprecovery and installed just like any other update.zip and it said installation aborted.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
The new file works...I just checked it... too funny, the very first upate.zip I didn't check before uploading was flawed (rookie mistake in code)...figures.

Sorry about that.

hollowbox

Reaction score
Sweet, works great now.....looks good too. Thanks for the quick fix man. You do good work.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
08/06/10 ---Even more.... 928Droid Black Glass "Black Edition" G-Talk (talk.apk) ..and DeOdexed FRG22 "Back to Stock" Update.zip released. Thanks again to TheBowers for the app "inversion" !!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh man this Gtalk is sweeeet!, The FB is awesome too, had to modify the widget a tad but Great job!!!

Reaction score
ok i loaded everything back and it is up and running with bugless beast 2.2, so is there anyway you could send me some instructions on how to do this( [email protected]) or send me to a site that someone explanins how to do this correctly, because i thought i did everthing right and it would not stop cycling until i took the battery out.

this is the ONLY time im explaining this to you, so please pay attention.

1. Go HERE (yes that is a link)
2. DOWNLOAD Bugless Beast V0.4 using this link FRF84BV04.zip (yes that is the same link that thousands of people have used). (if using spr recovery rename to update.zip) otherwise leave it as is, then put it on the root of your sd card (meaning not in any folders at all)
3. Boot into recovery
4. Backup your current setup (nandroid backup)
5. WIPE DATA/CACHE more than once.
6. Install the update.zip file like you'd do with any other update.zip or .zip file.
7. After it is done installing reboot your phone, then wait patiently for it to boot up.
8. then download this 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-BuglessBeast-0-4-c3-update.zip that is the EXACT link from the FIRST post in this thread here, it is the link that plenty of other people including myself have successfully used.
9. move it onto the root of your sdcard (once again if using spr recovery rename to update.zip) otherwise leave it as it is.
10. boot into recovery (do NOT wipe date or cache or anything at all)
11. make a backup of your current rom (nandroid of course)
12. install the theme just like a normal update.zip file or .zip file period.
13. After it is done installing, reboot your phone, it may take a few minutes.
14. Bam bam boom. your ALL done, completely 100% done and installed.
15. Thank the person who toke the time to write out these steps for you.

*disclaimer: by following my steps i take no responsibility for anything that may happen before, during, or after you install it, even if it explodes i am not responsible*

Oh and i mainly typed this out to help out dave (928Droid) and make his life just a little bit easier. These steps may work with other roms in terms of installing the rom/theme but again read the disclaimer :)

thank you so much, i really dont have anyone in my area that does anything with phone, let alone smartphone. i tried to email someone else about how to put on a theme but with no resolve. so again it run awesome so thank you NeverEndingXsin and 928 droid.
Your very welcome, im just glad i was able to help you out :)

saradroid

Reaction score
08/06/10 - New Release - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 Simply Stunning v4.6 "c6" revision.
  • Calendar fix
  • Includes the new "Black Edition" Facebook v1.3.1 and GTalk apps

cool dancedroidI want to install this over the version I installed yesterday.
do I need to wipe anything before I do that?
what if I want to switch back and forth between themes? can I just run update.zip anytime?
have you thought about other colors other than black? (deep purple or pink for us girls?)

thanks!

Reaction score
08/06/10 - New Release - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 Simply Stunning v4.6 "c6" revision.
  • Calendar fix
  • Includes the new "Black Edition" Facebook v1.3.1 and GTalk apps

cool dancedroidI want to install this over the version I installed yesterday.
do I need to wipe anything before I do that?
what if I want to switch back and forth between themes? can I just run update.zip anytime?
have you thought about other colors other than black? (deep purple or pink for us girls?)

thanks!

you could essentially just run update.zip's back and forth but the issue with doing that is other themes may not cover all the stuff that black glass does so you could be left with pieces of black glass left over with other themes

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
noob here, just how do you install the theme? using cyanogen

Noobs should always read a complete post, word for word :)...please read Post #1 of this Thread completely.

In a nutshell you install like any other update.zip. Go into recovery or via ROM manager , select "install from SD card", chose the CORRECT Theme file you downloaded and hit yes.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
FYI, minor tweeks to "Black Edition" Facebook v1.3.1 , recommend you snag it in 928Droid Black Glass "Extras" Download folder.

File name will have "1.3.1a" in it. New version got rid of some more "white" areas that looked out of place, also now has Black Glass "alphabettic name dividers" in "Friends" instead of the boring grey dividers :)

Look for a "Black Edition" Gmail 2.2.1 and Twitter app next :)

I am so happy to get rid of all the "white background" stock apps...it's hard to sneak around at night with those white screens blaring in the dark night :)

camaro1173

Reaction score
FYI, minor tweeks to "Black Edition" Facebook v1.3.1 , recommend you snag it in 928Droid Black Glass "Extras" Download folder.

File name will have "1.3.1a" in it. New version got rid of some more "white" areas that looked out of place, also now has Black Glass "alphabettic name dividers" in "Friends" instead of the boring grey dividers :)

Look for a "Black Edition" Gmail 2.2.1 and Twitter app next :)

I am so happy to get rid of all the "white background" stock apps...it's hard to sneak around at night with those white screens blaring in the dark night :)

First I would like to say I Love the work you do and this theme is the NUTS.
I just up dated to the new Face Book V1.3.1 the only thing that I can see that might need a little bit of change is when you hit the refresh button the thinking icon is not visible so I don't know if it is refreshing or just siting there , is there any way I fix it so I can see the icon again?

FRG22, Black Glass, 1.25 chevy kernel, Droid's rule http://www.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/dancingDroid.gif