[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I would like to thank 928 for his work. Very great detail here.

For everyone else giving it a try, a couple of issues that I ran into last night installing, that I erroneously thought were theme related, but turn out not to be.

First, my gps Icon goes away after gps is established. Did this with the theme, and did it with the theme gone, and back on BB 0.1. The second issue is related to apps on sd and or Launcher Pro. I have found that I have two apps that got put on sd automatically when I updated them. And yes I would have remembered either moving them or toggling a switch on or off to install there. Consequently, these apps have some issues whereby the screen icon starts as just a generic Android Icon, and the apps do not show up in my app drawer. The situation clears up if I restart Launcher Pro, and some have suggested in another thread they will correct themselves with time. Still working on this to confirm.

Either way, there is no problem at all with the theme on my phone, installing over BB0.1, but there are other issues going on that could appear to be theme related. As much as Froyo is evolving in Roms, the market and generally how our individual phones behave, I thought it worth mentioning here. Great theme, just don't get fooled into chasing your tail like I did last night.

Craig

xCaldazar

Reaction score
Using on BBv0.1 and works great. I love the theme, probably the best I have seen. It didn't remove my maps when I flashed it.

Does anyone have some good icons to go with this theme? I feel like mine look out of place now.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what part of this Morph targets the keyboard and makes it Black and which part turns the text color in the Notification Panel White?

LatinImeGoogle.apk is where the Keyboard images are (used to be in VoiceSearchwithkeyboard.apk)

Notification panel color is in framework and services.

Keyboard worked great after a reboot, Thanks!

mjh68

Reaction score
Well, originally applied this over Fly 0.5 and thought it worked slick. Actually did break my WiFi so after reading the positive BB results I loaded it over that . Wifi works, but I do get 3G not coming back after turn Wifi off. I reboot and its fine or I use airplane mode and wait about a minute and I get 3G back. Frustrating not sure whats up with wifi and themes.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Well, originally applied this over Fly 0.5 and thought it worked slick. Actually did break my WiFi so after reading the positive BB results I loaded it over that . Wifi works, but I do get 3G not coming back after turn Wifi off. I reboot and its fine or I use airplane mode and wait about a minute and I get 3G back. Frustrating not sure whats up with wifi and themes.

Have you updated to the latest Wireless Tether app on the Market? That might help with the issue you are having with some ROMs.

If you reload the stock FRF57 and Wipe Data to clear out all the ROM stuff you have loaded, and then load my theme I bet $$$ you won't have any issues with WiFi or anything else (fingers crossed again :)

Since installing FRF57 I have only loaded my Theme (no other ROMS, etc) and I have had none of the issues others seem to have. No Market issues, no Maps issues, no WiFi issues, etc, etc.

Give it a shot, it might solve a lot of your problems!

MrC1122

Reaction score
Once again 928, you have out-done yourself (didn't think that was posible) this is truly phenomenal, I have mine set up with magic smoke (red) lwp...outstanding! How do i get the red keys for the keyboard back though?

mjh68

Reaction score

Have you updated to the latest Wireless Tether app on the Market? That might help with the issue you are having with some ROMs.

If you reload the stock FRF57 and Wipe Data to clear out all the ROM stuff you have loaded, and then load my theme I bet $$$ you won't have any issues with WiFi or anything else (fingers crossed again :)

Since installing FRF57 I have only loaded my Theme (no other ROMS, etc) and I have had none of the issues others seem to have. No Market issues, no Maps issues, no WiFi issues, etc, etc.

Give it a shot, it might solve a lot of your problems!

I just read in the BB forums, that it seems to be an issue with BB's rom. The workaround is to disable and then reenable mobile networks so will try that if it happens again. I love this theme ! Using the carbon fiber background from Launcher pro and it looks sweet.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Once again 928, you have out-done yourself (didn't think that was posible) this is truly phenomenal, I have mine set up with magic smoke (red) lwp...outstanding! How do i get the red keys for the keyboard back though?

Thanks!

That was the Gimpsta HTC custom keyboard.

You can create your own here, http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/ then download and install it.

PJnc284

Reaction score
Anyone know of a fix for the MotoTorch app force closes. It's been discussed in another thread but apparently themes are causing the app to break in 2.2 but I didn't see a solution.

From roberj13
Something in framework-res or services.jar was different between the first leak and second leak. (don't know exactly what) So these theme updates have to push an entire framerwork-res.apk and services.jar so it replaced the new ones with the old ones (whatever changed)

I don't really know what exactly changed but MotoTorch and Droid Light didn't work on the first leak, but did on the second leak. So installing the theme broke it again..

I am sure other apps could be affected by it, but I don't know of any yet, and probably won't know since no one is using it anymore..haha

SO, that's all I can tell ya, the only thing I see that is affected is Droid Light and MotoTorch but it could be others, why chance it when something else important could have changed.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Anyone know of a fix for the MotoTorch app force closes. It's been discussed in another thread but apparently themes are causing the app to break in 2.2 but I didn't see a solution.

From roberj13
Something in framework-res or services.jar was different between the first leak and second leak. (don't know exactly what) So these theme updates have to push an entire framerwork-res.apk and services.jar so it replaced the new ones with the old ones (whatever changed)

I don't really know what exactly changed but MotoTorch and Droid Light didn't work on the first leak, but did on the second leak. So installing the theme broke it again..

I am sure other apps could be affected by it, but I don't know of any yet, and probably won't know since no one is using it anymore..haha

SO, that's all I can tell ya, the only thing I see that is affected is Droid Light and MotoTorch but it could be others, why chance it when something else important could have changed.

Haven't tried those, but Telsa Flashlight works (and is darn bright) and so does the new stock 2.2 Camcorder "Light".

xCaldazar

Reaction score
Thanks for the Telsa Flashlight tip. I been missing having a led light. Constantly finding details that impress me even more with this theme. I was on facebook and the way you changed up facebook's home sreen makes it looks way more exciting.

KingTee

Reaction score
928Droid I just wanted to give you props on this theme. Its one of the most polished and complete themes out right now and looks great on my Droid. Keep up the good work.

les017

Reaction score
Just gorgeous 928. Simple but the level of detail is simply amazing!