[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock

mmcdonald14

Reaction score
newb help

i am new to droid and have no experience with programming or anything. How do i get these themes you guys are talking about? does it work if i have a 2.1? can someone please take the time to explain and walk me through this.... thanks!!!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

surrender.gif

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
am i missing something?

Yes you are . YOu need to root your droid and put froyo on it. Without 2.2 you cant install these themes. If you need to root your droid. Google how to root a droid and you will steps in doing so :)

droidman101

Reaction score
Best one for pl3x 3.0.0? Its a cm6 base, but the cm one bootloops. :(
Well that's what nandroids are for :)

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Best one for pl3x 3.0.0? Its a cm6 base, but the cm one bootloops. :(
Well that's what nandroids are for :)

May do pl3x 3 this weekend, the update.zip is on my SDcard...just haven't pushed the button yet :)

Trying to finish up all the "a" versions first..sneaked in FRG01b Deodexed "a" version last night.

Last edited:

xcrider

Reaction score
dumb question... But if i already installed another theme can i install this one over it?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
just fyi 928 does not work on cm nightly

hey got my first boot loops . was testing some other progrm and needed to install a new rom clean so tried cm nightly for 7/23. (quite a few changes from rc1 by the way) tried to install the rc1 928 theme over it and it boot looped.
just wanted to let people know so they dont waste time. i understand it wasnt made for the nightlies just thought id try.

otter34

Reaction score
Can I use this w/ Kangerade 5.07? I am using bb 0.4 now, however swype doesn't work so I have to go back to that rom.

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
I have my Droid running on Froyo 2.2 (Stock 2.2 Froyo FRG01B with Superusers Permissions installed) and everything was working great. And when I loaded '928Droid &quot;Black Glass&quot; 2.2 Froyo FRG01B &quot;a&quot; Deodexed UPDATE.ZIP Theme, it was awesome. <br />
<br />
But then my text messaging would not sync. I get an error at startup and when I press the app for messaging. I restored and then reloaded the Black Glass a couple of times. Even trying the non deodexed version. But sms just wont work.<br />
<br />
Is there a setting I'm missing?<br />
I hope there is a fix, because Black Glass is awesome!<br />
<br />
Thanks!

Last edited:

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
Sorry, just checked paging backward instead of forward from page one. You addressed the problem already. I guess I need to reinstall Froyo from scratch. Is there a version thats good and has less problems with Black Glass?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Can I use this w/ Kangerade 5.07? I am using bb 0.4 now, however swype doesn't work so I have to go back to that rom.

Taking a look at JRummy's Kanger 6.0.1 that was released tonight, may theme it this weekend if it is a stable ROM...I don't go backwards and send the time on older versions.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
New revised "a" versions Released for 928Droid Black Glass FRG01b Odexed and Deodexed Themes!

Links in Post #1

• Enchancements to Settings Icons including Power Control widget.
  • Enchancements to Framework-res Status Bar Icons and Pull Down Bar.
  • Both Launchers (Launcher2 and ADW) stripped of Wallpapers, added in only a custom "Droid Does" Wallpaper. Saved approx 4mb from just Launcher2, that's a huge savings in the internal system storage/memory!!
  • Stock Wallpapers are now installed on the SDcard in the 928Droid/Wallpapers folder. You can use them or easily delete them...but at least they aren't taking up precious space in the internal system storage.
  • New "Droid Does" Neural Network LiveWallpaper.
  • Enchanced MMS and Music Mod apps fully intergrated replacing the stock apps.
  • Menu Lock app addded into system/app - Lets you unlock the LockScreen with a touch of the Menu "hard" key.
  • ADW Launcher updated to latest 1.0.1 Version
All of these enchancements will be integrated into the other Black Glass Versions over the next few days.

Enjoy!