[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Froyo - Update.zip - MetaMorph - Back to Stock

andrew149

Reaction score
i got it all back and running but basicaualy i couldnt hold x and power button and go to the service menu also when the droid booteded up or tried to boot it would stay on the moto sign forever but i reloaded everything so its fine

stoneth99

Reaction score
love this theme on my cyanogenmod! i've noticed though that my app icons remain stock as is the battery indicator. what do i need to do to theme them to the screenshots in the first few posts (i.e. bullseye-looking battery, etc)?

thanks, 928!

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Question on the Launcher issue with CyanogenMod - is a wipe required (or suggested) just adding the launcher skin (step 2)?

AWESOME skin - this is what the Droid SHOULD look like!!

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
One more question - I see the way to disable the clock in the status bar but I really like it - is there a way to change the font color to make it more legible?

Thanks.

Boostjunky

Reaction score

Ahhhhh thank you =)

Btw dave I put your theme in my sig and it links back to this thread :)

Guys,
I have installed this theme on 4 roms without a glitch. Help dave out. Clean rom install. Choose the proper zip for your rom. Clock or sp. I have done both, maiinly i install from sd. This guy does not even take donations. Cut him a break, this is by far the best theme. Pm me if u need help, ill doo my best to help u out, maybe I can help dave by answering questions

Thanks to both of ou fine Gentlemen!!

Cheers!!

Kind of hard to create new stuff when you have to babysit people that can't/won't/don't read :).....or maybe my descriptions aren't clear enough??????

BUT, if there are real problems or glitches I NEED to know about it!

Hey, bud! I just wanted to update that I have still been unsuccessful in getting your theme to work with CM6-RC1. I'm not suggesting it's your theme or the ROM that is to blame, but just letting you know, I've tried ALL suggestions and instructions in this thread, and to no avail.

Just to make sure I wasn't an idiot, I tried installing your theme on one of the other ROMs (Simply Stunning 4.4), and got it to work on the first attempt. So, like I said, I'm not sure what the deal is with CM6, but suffice it to say, my phone REFUSES to accept your theme with CM6.

Thanks for all your hard work, and congrats on such a successful theme!

Update: I just finished reading in the other thread in Koush's section about the selection of Launcher2 instead of LauncherADW. I had actually brought this up asking if it mattered which one I selected at one time when conversing with you in this thread, but I guess the question was overlooked. No biggie! I'm going to try doing this all over again, now! I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited:

jdm627

Reaction score
steps

Ahhhhh thank you =)

Btw dave I put your theme in my sig and it links back to this thread :)

Guys,
I have installed this theme on 4 roms without a glitch. Help dave out. Clean rom install. Choose the proper zip for your rom. Clock or sp. I have done both, maiinly i install from sd. This guy does not even take donations. Cut him a break, this is by far the best theme. Pm me if u need help, ill doo my best to help u out, maybe I can help dave by answering questions

Thanks to both of ou fine Gentlemen!!

Cheers!!

Kind of hard to create new stuff when you have to babysit people that can't/won't/don't read :).....or maybe my descriptions aren't clear enough??????

BUT, if there are real problems or glitches I NEED to know about it!

Hey, bud! I just wanted to update that I have still been unsuccessful in getting your theme to work with CM6-RC1. I'm not suggesting it's your theme or the ROM that is to blame, but just letting you know, I've tried ALL suggestions and instructions in this thread, and to no avail.

Just to make sure I wasn't an idiot, I tried installing your theme on one of the other ROMs (Simply Stunning 4.4), and got it to work on the first attempt. So, like I said, I'm not sure what the deal is with CM6, but suffice it to say, my phone REFUSES to accept your theme with CM6.

Thanks for all your hard work, and congrats on such a successful theme!

Update: I just finished reading in the other thread in Koush's section about the selection of Launcher2 instead of LauncherADW. I had actually brought this up asking if it mattered which one I selected at one time when conversing with you in this thread, but I guess the question was overlooked. No biggie! I'm going to try doing this all over again, now! I'll let you know how it goes!

I felt like idiot too because with SS it's not complicated black glass... install and get fan
And with the Amazing Cyanogen install and learn, I am very noob it's my first droid on my hands:)

1.- Install it first this link

928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2.CM6.RC1.C.NoLauncher UPDATE.ZIP Theme
For CyanogenMod 6 RC1 ONLY!
NOTE: This DOES NOT include a Themed CM6 Launcher, select the Themed CM6 Launcher of your Choice below!
Download Link: 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-C-NO-Launcher-update.zip (rename to update.zip)

2.-Select wich Launcher do you prefer:
If you installed ADW you will find it in setting

Black Glass Themed CM6 ADWLauncher - This ONLY Includes the ADWLauncher.apk and removes the Launcher2.apk (if installed)!
Download Link: 928DroidBlackGlass-CM6-R1-ADWLauncher.zip (rename to update.zip)

Black Glass Themed CM6 Launcher2 - This ONLY Includes the Launcher2.apk and removes the ADWLauncher.apk (if installed)!
Download Link: 928DroidBlackGlass-CM6-R1-Launcher2.zip (rename to update.zip)

3.-You don't like the transparent dialer and contacts reverse with this link

928Droid Black Glass 2.2.CM6 RC1 "Clear" Additional Features:
  • Includes Transparent Contacts.apk - Transparent Dialer and Contacts - Credit to: insaneneiviesis / Xeudoxus /`928Droid -Screen Caps in Post #2 below
  • This Update also adds a "928Droid" folder on SDcard with Matching 928Droid Themed HTC_IME Gimpsta Keyboard app inside (install like any 3rd party apk)
  • Update/Patch zip for Normal CM6 “Standard” Phone/Contacts apks.This ONLY Includes the Contacts and Phone apps! Rename to update.zip and install AFTER the Black Glass Theme above. Download Link: UPDATE.ZIP "PATCH" - 928Droid "Black Glass" CM6 "Standard" Phone/Contacts apks (rename to update.zip)

Last edited:

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
One more question - I see the way to disable thMwnu>e clock in the status bar but I really like it - is there a way to change the font color to make it more legible?

Thanks.

Menu>Settings>Cyanogenmods Settings>User Interface>Battery and Clock

THANK YOU! This is perfect now. That is an amazing looking theme.

Thanks for all your work.

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Menu>Settings>Cyanogenmods Settings>User Interface>Battery and Clock[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! This is perfect now. That is an amazing looking theme.

Thanks for all your work.[/QUOTE]

How about application notifications themselves? I can set the color on the notification title but not the notification itself. Hard to see what song is playing.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
How about application notifications themselves? I can set the color on the notification title but not the notification itself. Hard to see what song is playing.

If you are using the Music app I themed it should show white in notification when song is playing.

Most apps have to be modded individually to make this happen, I typically do all the stock apps for this, Phone, Market, Music.

If you want to do the other "non-stock" apps you download you will have to mod the XML file for each one.

Jimmyzla

Reaction score

If you are using the Music app I themed it should show white in notification when song is playing.

Most apps have to be modded individually to make this happen, I typically do all the stock apps for this, Phone, Market, Music.

If you want to do the other "non-stock" apps you download you will have to mod the XML file for each one.
Totally new to this. I use Mixzing due to the lock screen widget. Is there any threads on how-to modify xmls?
Thanks.