[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for CM6 RC1 now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
i have cm6 running stable and have the droid x theme running fine.

This theme sends me into a boot loop 4 out of 5 times. And the one time it worked the notification bar was still the same and the phone wouldn't run stable, everything kept fc'ing

Did you go back to a clean CM6 RC1 and wipe from the X theme, or apply my Theme over the X theme?

Only suggestion I have.

Almost 600 Downloads for my CM6 RC1 and only 3-4 people seem to have problems...3 of those were installing one of my Themes for another ROM :-(

gmony01

Reaction score
Whenever I install the zip file the phone reboots and goes to the boot animation. The boot animation is stuck though and never completes a cycle. Its basically glitching and crashing. Anybody else having this issue? I'm using Tom manager.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yea mine goes in a boot loop

Which Theme File did you download and install???

Did you already have CM6-RC1 installed and stable??

I installed 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-CLEARb-update.zip. Yes, CM6-RC1 installed and stable.

I also did a complete wipe and install a fresh copy of CM6-RC1 from rom manager. Installed the correct file and still get the boot animation. Actually its not even looping. Its tries to start the fire works but only shows a part of the graphics like its trying to load. Hope this helps ya bruh.

The funny thing is when CM6 first droped, and the first day you had this theme for it, I installed and it worked with no problems. But I went back and wiped everything for a fresh CM6 install(I've just been overlapping roms since FROYO release) and this is what i ran into. No matter which way i install it, Clockwork nor SPR. Update.zip nor Install from SD card.

Last edited:

gmony01

Reaction score
Whenever I install the zip file the phone reboots and goes to the boot animation. The boot animation is stuck though and never completes a cycle. Its basically glitching and crashing. Anybody else having this issue? I'm using Tom manager.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yea mine goes in a boot loop

I installed 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-CLEARb-update.zip. Yes, CM6-RC1 installed and stable.

I also did a complete wipe and install a fresh copy of CM6-RC1 from rom manager. Installed the correct file and still get the boot animation. Actually its not even looping. Its tries to start the fire works but only shows a part of the graphics like its trying to load. Hope this helps ya bruh.

The funny thing is when CM6 first droped, and the first day you had this theme for it, I installed and it worked with no problems. But I went back and wiped everything for a fresh CM6 install(I've just been overlapping roms since FROYO release) and this is what i ran into. No matter which way i install it, Clockwork nor SPR. Update.zip nor Install from SD card.

Problem fixed. I took a look in the System\App folder and the Luancher2.apk is missing. When you install CM6-RC1 from Rom Manager you have the option to use Launcher2 instead of ADW. The file "928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-CLEARb-update.zip" is missing the Launcher2.apk. Here is what I did to get the to work, also launcher2 will not be themed though :-(

1.Install CM6-RC1 normally with ADW.

2.Install 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-CLEARb-update.zip with RM.

3.Download CM6 through rom manager and choose Launcher2 this time. Wait for it to download BUT DO NOT INSTALL IT ONCE ITS COMPLETE. Is is very important not to install it or you'll wipe over the 928 theme altogether.

4.Goto "Install from SD Card in Rom Manager and browse to this directory \clockworkmod\download\www.clockworkmod.com\download\common and install this file "Launcher2-CM6-v1.zip".

5.Reboot and let install. That should be it.

Remember the home screen for Launcher will not be themed until we have the themed Launcher2.apk available.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Problem fixed. I took a look in the System\App folder and the Luancher2.apk is missing. When you install CM6-RC1 from Rom Manager you have the option to use Launcher2 instead of ADW. The file "928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-CLEARb-update.zip" is missing the Launcher2.apk. Here is what I did to get the to work, also launcher2 will not be themed though :-(

1.Install CM6-RC1 normally with ADW.

2.Install 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-CLEARb-update.zip with RM.

3.Download CM6 through rom manager and choose Launcher2 this time. Wait for it to download BUT DO NOT INSTALL IT ONCE ITS COMPLETE. Is is very important not to install it or you'll wipe over the 928 theme altogether.

4.Goto "Install from SD Card in Rom Manager and browse to this directory \clockworkmod\download\www.clockworkmod.com\download\common and install this file "Launcher2-CM6-v1.zip".

5.Reboot and let install. That should be it.

Remember the home screen for Launcher will not be themed until we have the themed Launcher2.apk available.

That makes perfect sense, I "Assumed" (ouch), that most people were using ADW...willtry to work out a clearer stratagy on this and make appropriate changes (hopefully without confusing some people even more :)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
All fixed!!! See Main Thread Post #1

New Main CM6-RC1 Theme update no longer includes a Launcher.apk.

There are 2 seperate Update.zips to install either the Themed ADWLauncher or Themed Launcher2..(same way Cyanogen handles it)

These files will delete the other launcher and install the one selected...if the same launcher you chose is already installed it will just Theme the existing one.

Now you can easily switch back and forth between the 2 Themed Launchers...with no Boot loops :)

FYI< there is a new Recovery update available in ROM Manager

Reaction score
I didnt install it over the Droid X theme, i installed the Droid X theme afterwards. Your theme i was installing over stock CM6.

But apparently there is my problem cause I'm also using launcher2. I'm not a fan of ADW.

js0724

Reaction score
I would love to see this theme in RM. I notice something "new" every day that other themers leave stock. I don't mind downloading/installing this way but I think more people would be raving about this theme if it was in RM. Great work and thanks for quick updates/fixes.

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Great Theme! Installed the launcher 2 version on CyanogenMod. Quick question - the notification icons are stock and the time is still black text in the status bar. Is there a trick to get the it like the screen shots?

Thanks!!

grenik

Reaction score
Download Problems?

I am trying to download the theme for CM6 RC1 and I get the following error:

Invalid or Deleted File
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
Click here to view our help resources

The two launcher files download without an issue.

-G

Jimmyzla

Reaction score

Invalid or Deleted File
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

-G
It worked for me. Are you using this link (withouth the launcher)?
928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-C-NO-Launcher-update.zip

grenik

Reaction score

Invalid or Deleted File

-G
It worked for me. Are you using this link (withouth the launcher)?
928DroidBlackGlass2-2-CM6-RC1-C-NO-Launcher-update.zip

Yes. I even tried the link in your post. I get the click here to start download text. When I click it, I get the error I posted above.

I have tried several other links from the page (I am testing ROMs tonight) and all of them worked.

...probably a user (me) issue...

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
[quote\]

Yes. I even tried the link in your post. I get the click here to start download text. When I click it, I get the error I posted above.

I have tried several other links from the page (I am testing ROMs tonight) and all of them worked.

...probably a user (me) issue...[/quote]

If you want you can try this link. It is the file I just used to reinstall.
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/911623401/a4d22e3e4a5e6006a6c31974dddfcb74

grenik

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.