The year 2012, what do you think will happen?

mrschmitz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (a while ago) that the translation of the Mayan writings that predicted the "end of time" in 2012 were wrong, and the texts said it wasn't going to happen until far into the future. The "2012" movie must have been too far into it to change the title/year. :)

So...there you go. Use your Droids to spread that news again, and maybe man-made disaster will be averted! :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (a while ago) that the translation of the Mayan writings that predicted the "end of time" in 2012 were wrong, and the texts said it wasn't going to happen until far into the future. The "2012" movie must have been too far into it to change the title/year. :)

So...there you go. Use your Droids to spread that news again, and maybe man-made disaster will be averted! :)
It's not written predictions of the Mayans that point to December 22nd 2012... it's the fact that their calendar, which was insanely accurate for thousands of years after their existence, just STOPS on that date :icon_ devil:

mrschmitz

Reaction score

It's not written predictions of the Mayans that point to December 22nd 2012... it's the fact that their calendar, which was insanely accurate for thousands of years after their existence, just STOPS on that date :icon_ devil:

Ah, yes. I knew it was something like that. Thanks for the clarification!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Maybe the carver got tired.....:icon_ banana:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
its another HOAX and so is global warming and the energy/oil crisis.
sarcasm? well at least the global warming and oil crisis?:icon_ devil:

no just blantantly honest.

its just another persons interpretation of the nostradamus predictions. If you have ever looked into it you will know that the Mayan calendar ends in the year 2012 marking the end of an 5,126 astronomical ERA. You will also find out that 5,124 years ago marked the end of the previous astronomical era and the world still exists today.

Guchi

Reaction score
Maybe we'll have flying cars by then??? I've been waiting on flying cars since I was watching the Jetsons as a kid. I mean, I have a phone that is cooler than the "communicator" in Star Trek............WHY DON'T WE HAVE FLYING CARS?!?

I'm being facetious........

check out the tricorder app

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its another HOAX and so is global warming and the energy/oil crisis.
sarcasm? well at least the global warming and oil crisis?:icon_ devil:

no just blantantly honest.

its just another persons interpretation of the nostradamus predictions. If you have ever looked into it you will know that the Mayan calendar ends in the year 2012 marking the end of an 5,126 astronomical ERA. You will also find out that 5,124 years ago marked the end of the previous astronomical era and the world still exists today.
Yes, the world exists, but not the civilizations that inhabited it. It's not about the world blowing up, it's about the people on it. Sorry I used to be big into Nostradamus and what not...

Global warming is real... there's proof. What more do you need? Oil crisis? We're being gouged every day.... It's real... no crisis, just greed :).

bamfsig45

Reaction score

Maybe the carver got tired.....:icon_ banana:
That right there cracked me up. LOL