The year 2012, what do you think will happen?

4d7

Reaction score
So.. I know everyone has entertained the thought of the End of the World that is dated to take place during the last month of 2012.

This is what I believe is going to happen. I don't see the earth splitting in half, being hit by an asteroid, losing heat due to the core halting to a stop, or being melted away from massive solar flares from the sun... in fact I believe the earth will be in the same shape as it is today, moderately used and abused like we have the luxury of living someplace else and taken for granted. With the health of the planet aside I still believe we will be in utter chaos.

What you should prepare for. I can see that the mass media is spinning these concepts world wide.. and I mean "world wide". Every human-being with eyes and ears, or even just one of the above has knowledge of this "Dooms Day". This is going to cause a few set backs for us...

1. People/families will begin taking what they need to prepare for "whatever" the believe is going to happen.. paying for it..or simply looting it
  2. You standard essentials will become gold, unfortunately everyone will want them and do anything to get them
  3. Markets will no longer be able to stay in buisness from people looting thier inventory, simple buisnesses that supply your survival will be out of food, and supplies
  4. Your homes will be invaded, people will begin looking in alternative places to get food.. you had better have a gun and know how to use it at this point
  5. military personel that have been protecting power grids all around the world will begin to lose moral when they stop recieving food/suplies. This means they will be abondoned, ill maintained and eventually shut down overtime. Hope everyone has genorators, and has them secured
  6. ahh.. that precious gasoilne. If your local fuel stations have not been blown up or taken over by local thug orginizations, no more worries.. by this time they will be empty anyways from lack of being re-suplied.. Hope your genertors are solar powered..
  7. Your town/city will eventually become barren, import/export will not exist, where will you go? Well.. I hope your in good health because your going to be doing a lot of walking, running, hunting to keep you and your families alive everyday.

As you can see, things can begin to get out of hand very quickly and standard survival will be a tall order. Luckily, we have time to prepare for this nasty time period. I recommend every one getting into shape and stocking up on caned food, water and ammo. I can see lots of running and loss of power in 2012 and who knows for how long... and again, this has nothing to do with the world ending, its just a result of world wide panic on a very large scale... you remember Y2K, think of that but a million times worse.

by all means, leave your thoughts. Perhaps we can organize a pre-revolution solution, and maybe someone can dev a solar pack for our droids.. once we lose power we won't be able to charge them! I don't know what I'd do without throttle copter :eek:

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the latest and greatest android powered phone will be release:)

maybe a mass consciousness shift

im hoping for both

Reaction score
I think your fantasies are running wild. Some people will freak out and stock up, but good, they'll boost the economy buying 10,000 packs of ramen and twinkies.

I don't think economies will come to a halt. If they can predict all of these things from so many years ago, it makes you wonder why they couldn't see the collapse of their own civilization? Probably because all of these "predictions" are crap and made up.

Non-believer here, sorry. Proof, or GTFO is my motto :)

huskur

Reaction score
The world will "feel" like its coming to an end!!! My contract with the droid will be over then. BUT JUST IN TIME FOR THE DROID 2!!!!!!!!!!!! And that will be the start of the "NEW" beginning:icon_ devil:

soyboy

Reaction score
My daughter will turn 16 and start driving.....NOW THAT IS SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

These predictions come up all the time, live your life to the fullest each day and enjoy the fact that you are a sentient being in the universe...none of us appreciate that fact as much as we should.

crspang

Reaction score
Maybe we'll have flying cars by then??? I've been waiting on flying cars since I was watching the Jetsons as a kid. I mean, I have a phone that is cooler than the "communicator" in Star Trek............WHY DON'T WE HAVE FLYING CARS?!?

I'm being facetious........

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a pilot, I'd be afraid of flying cars, 98% of people can't drive well, let alone walk. :)

crspang

Reaction score
The USPS and AmTrack will be profitable........
We'll have quality "Free" healthcare..........
"Global Climate Change" will be fixed..........
The term "Government Intelligence" will cease to be an oxymoron.............
Pigs will fly........
Hell will freeze over...........
Yep it will be total pandemonium.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bush put us here people. Obama might be making a mess too.. but it's GW who created this sh*t storm.

.... on topic with the OP... 2011 will be the year I get my FID. Time to prepare :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's keep Politics out of here...We want to keep this open....