the wrong time to become a new droid user

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by goingcrazzy, May 1, 2010.

1. goingcrazzy

goingcrazzy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i must have become a droid user at the wrong time nothing seams to work
    mm has changed thir format
    2.1 update
    links in posts do not work
    i guess this has something to do with the fall out of ud
    enough said
    if there are differant themes for every rom mod out there then someone please post all alike themes togeather please
    i have spent countless hours trying to find themes that work i mean realy work only haveing to restore due to poor performance
    its enough to drive you crazzy lol

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Lets take it one at a time. First the 2.1 update is not a negative it's a positive. If you're having issues with it then I suggest you do a factory data reset, that should solve any issue you might be having. Do this out of your privacy settings.

As far as themes go, I just use live wallpaper, water, and it works just fine. If you want something custom then I suggest you continue to read and maybe think about rooting your Droid. I think after you do your factory data reset this won't be so much of an issue for you.

The vast majority of Droid owners are not having issues with their Droids. If anything we're quite pleased about everything so far. Perhaps you're running some things like virus protection and task killers that will affect performance. If you're running either of those take them off.

If all else fails, find somebody with a Blackberry Storm and use that for a day or so. Then come back and tell us about how well the Droid performs. :D

3. verian

verian Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    my droid makes me crazy happy

4. goingcrazzy

goingcrazzy Member

Ratings:
    +0

my point here is that everything is changeing mm files now in xml form so if you have not updated i guess that most of them will work
    but as far as a new user i cant get the old vershion so well all mm files dont work.........
    in the wrong format
    custom roms are all differant builds most of them 2.1 but the ese numbers are differant and everyone wants to put oc to these roms imo this should be a choise wheather you want to fry your droid
    i am happy with the way my droid works hate the stock green look and dont realy want to give up ese 81 to works well and battery life is way better

5. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Pretty much everybody is using ESE81, and others are from source..so thats just as good, if not better.
    Even the devs who just remix a ROM with their own tweaks are basing off of ESE81.
    In regards to the MM, just give it time for the rest of us themers to update them. It won't happen overnight...especially if they have a lot of themes to update.

6. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    root get cyanogen best rom out imo and themes are as easy as installing update.zip's ;)