The worst night of my life!

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
My market is working now. I fixed permissions in droid overclock but i don't know if that did it or not. I also tried installing a stock vending.apk while freezing the other one in tb. That didn't work but suddenly its working now. Now, I have to figure out what I did wrong installing liberty. I just watched a vid on youtube and this guy mounted system before installing.

Sent from my rooted DROID2

louy99

Reaction score
I have had problems in the past with apps not installing right. What worked for me was unmounting SD card in settings and the app will install. Then I remount the card.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
i always mount the system b4 installing anything bc you never know I know some say in there instructions that its not needed but really whats another 2 whole seconds to do it and make sure nothing is messed up and i havnt had a problem yet besides downloading a bad mirror...and also i always just download straight to my phone also its much easier

HxCZombie

Reaction score
Yeah first time I tried getting it to work I was abit unsure but I got it down really fast. when I got that little triangle thing I went to the market and got the Droid 2 Bootstrapper. I used that to go into "bootstrap recovery". At the time I ran the liberty 1.5 rom. I did a wipe and back up first then ran the liberty rom. Did it all on my phone

Sent from my R2DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I finally flashed liberty successfully! It is sooo awesome. Butter smooth indeed. This time I didn't wipe cache or dalvik and I mounted the system before installing. It works great. I'm so happy I finally got it and feel much more confident flashing themes and roms. Thank god for these forums and all the research I did in preparation. It was totally worth it

Sent from my rooted DROID2