The world’s first real smartwatch!

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
If it wasn't almost $700, I'd pick one of these up. But for that price, I can get a new Galaxy Nexus or Razr.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else foresee the same issue:

[video=youtube;noe3kR8KqJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noe3kR8KqJc[/video]

Trying to swipe or whatnot to reply on that tiny screen should be fun. I'm interested in motoactv as a replacement for my aged mp3 player. This to me is just silly.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
For how much the faces of my watched get banged up, I wouldn't want the same happening to a $700 watch that depends on the face to do everything.

The face is sapphire crystal. The next watch you get, buy one with a sapphire crystal face. You will have MUCH less of a problem. i got my first 2 years ago(i had the same problem as you). Not one scratch on it yet.

Stromboni

Reaction score
It's a step towards the future... An expensive step however, but it does have value if you open your eyes and mind. It's a phone on your wrist plus much more. Resembles some sci-fi technology from the movies. Pleading my whole case on its present and potential benefits isn't all that important though due to the statement "to each his own".

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a step towards the future... An expensive step however, but it does have value if you open your eyes and mind. It's a phone on your wrist plus much more. Resembles some sci-fi technology from the movies. Pleading my whole case on its present and potential benefits isn't all that important though due to the statement "to each his own".

The difference is that in movies they only used them for a few sentences back and fourth. I'm not going to stand there talking to my wrist for ten minutes. I also don't generally have convos over the speakerphone. I know it's bluetooth capable, but I only use my headset when driving, I'm not going to keep it in my ear for every conversation.

Stromboni

Reaction score
The difference is that in movies they only used them for a few sentences back and fourth. I'm not going to stand there talking to my wrist for ten minutes. I also don't generally have convos over the speakerphone. I know it's bluetooth capable, but I only use my headset when driving, I'm not going to keep it in my ear for every conversation.

How you perceive and use it is your business. It's a step in the right direction, it just needs to be cost effective.

Tepes

Reaction score
I'm really excited to see where this tech goes. The price tag is frightening though. I kind of wish that, like a phone it might get picked up and subsidised by a carrier. I just want one because I always wanted a Dick Tracy watch :)

sent from my Hitchhikers Guide mark 2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's also the matter of how quickly you'll kill the battery running data and 3G voice. Again I say, "fail."

Derekweb

Reaction score
Video has so much BS before they get to any real content. You are bored to death before they get to make their point!

nodak102

Reaction score
Somewhere Chester Gould is smiling.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's clear that about half of their revenue is going to rent in those high-dollar offices. Well-played.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
First... They was really long commercial and it really didn't tell me anything, I learned more from browsing their website for 30 seconds! :p

Second, this is like exactly what I want! I want something that will tell me who's calling, who I just
got an email, text etc from and let me read it if I don't feel like pulling out my phone!
I've wanted to do this since the new nano came out, I wanted to make it into a watch before I even saw it done!

Before I'll wear one though. It needs to be cheap, durable and at the very very least, be pretty water resistant. I'm used to my gshock that is on 24/7 that I also dive with! ;) t'would be very different going from a gshock to a 500 dollar Android device.

They need to not build it like a rolex. The I'ms look like they're trying to be luxury... That's not going to work, I like the look and durability of the motoactive! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums