The World's Dumbest App May Have Value.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
lookfor.gif

Many of us have been at a ball game, concert or crowded bar and have separated from friends and family. Don't panic, LookFor, has recently been funded on Kickstarter and has a solution for you. Checkout the video below.

If you make it a habit of getting separated from friends and family, head over to the Play Store.​

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I can see it working for grabbing a cab... if your hood had cabs..and the cab driver didn't think you were tripping out (*_')

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Far from the world's dumbest app. There are definitely situations where something like this would come in handy for many people, particularly in crowded, unfamiliar places when it's dark.

Dumb apps are the ones that have absolutely no value whatsoever.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Wow. I'm a fool that's just the kind of app I'd love to make. They're going to do quite well.

To anyone who has it I have a question...

I saw in permissions it needs access to the camera and SMS. Any reason why?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wait, couldn't this be combined with NFC or Bluetooth or even WIFI to sync many together. I could see this used in a crowd to create a large banner by linking all the phones and with each one representing a pixel creating a messsage, or a "wave" or other neat visual stimulus such as at a concert.

I want it to go a step further. Let the front facing camera of one phone "See" specific color pattern of another a distance away and then tell you where it is in a large crowd, then take you there with GPS.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Haha, I used to tell ppl to hold their phone up at parties and clubs all the back 10 yrs ago in high school days. And I've seen other ppl do it all the time, using the camera led. Idk how this is gonna get patented, maybe it will who knows...

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Wow. I'm a fool that's just the kind of app I'd love to make. They're going to do quite well.

To anyone who has it I have a question...

I saw in permissions it needs access to the camera and SMS. Any reason why?
They said they are planing some sort of SMS and camera integration in the future.