The woes of BB 6.2.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by x25064, Jan 17, 2011.

1. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried flashing Clockwork a few times? From what I read that sometimes fixes such problems.

2. p5stover

p5stover New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had to mess with it a few times but its working so far, thanks!!

3. mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei Team Liberty Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I installed on wifes D1 with lithum lv kernel 250-850... amazing battery life. I dont care what anyone says, battery stats along with draining & fully charging just befor resetting helps her & my sons D1 battery life A LOT

4. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    My reply to battery life, take it as you wish:

Ive installed BB on the following....

My personal Droid gets amazing battery life.
    My girlfriends Droid gets amazing battery life.
    My neighbor, his sons, and his wifes Droid gets amazing battery life.
    My friend Joe, his parents, and his step brothers Droid gets amazing battery life.
    A kid from college named Kyle gets amazing battery life.

And the list goes on.

I wipe 3x before installing, then wipe the battery stats.
    If I get a "funny feeling" or just want to be sure. I wipe again even after it has booted.

Wiping 3x sounds stupid but when you have seen a wallpaper (in the framework) stick somehow after wiping and installing another ROM (that does not include that wallpaper) you will think differently.

I should also state that I am not just stating these facts to "protect" my work, I could care less if no one used my ROM, I build Bugless Beast for me, because I enjoy learning (Android) and I only trust my work.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  5. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The battery life problems are caused by a common bug shared by many kernels.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei Team Liberty Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    +1 Pete

"I wipe 3x before installing, then wipe the battery stats.
    If I get a "funny feeling" or just want to be sure. I wipe again even after it has booted.

Wiping 3x sounds stupid but when you have seen a wallpaper (in the framework) stick somehow after wiping and installing another ROM (that does not include that wallpaper) you will think differently."
    :blackdroid: Im with you Pete.. I wipe EVERYTHING 3x, flash rom, wipe again, flash rom again. Guess what?? ZERO TROUBLES...
    Here is the KERNEL I flash with most Froyo ROMS, because of the battery life, lack of heat, wifi, etc. Its an LFY Kernel (Mark Johnson)
    Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS
    I use the 900, clocked with setcpu @ 250 - 900 with interactive governer. Battery Life is great!! Keep Up the good work Pete! :blackdroid:

7. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I finally bailed on Bugless, I honestly never thought this day would come, its actually making me feel bad, like I'm cheating on my girlfriend. I tried all the fixes known to man to try and get it right but nothing seemed to work. Battery life was atrocious and I could not get the Bluetooth or Wifi to work no matter what kernel I tried. I wont list all of my problems because I dont want to be accused of bashing but I must say I was very disappointed. I flashed PE4.2 last night and it is running smooth and everything is working great! Good Luck Bugless diehards! Im sure Ill be back once these issues are worked out.

8. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try using a Sapphire 2.0 kernel. Compcache works with them and my battery lasts forever with moderate to heavy use. It also stays in the 30's celcius for temps and I'm running a 1Ghz kernel! I've spoken with a couple people who had the same problem and this worked for both.

http://wiki.ccroms.net/sapphire/releases/2.0.0

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

9. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I did notice that my wallpaper stayed after I wiped data and cache! Think I should do it all again and reinstall after wiping a few times?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. alwerner

alwerner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With custom kernals, how do you know what flavor of kernal to run? I have the original Droid, but there are so many speed & voltage options, how do you choose? The last thing I really want to do is start to try them all.

11. SupAll

SupAll Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest, most of us really don't. Because kernels have unique effects for each phone, we generally guide people to two or three developers whose kernels appear to be (overall) stable for the majority of the people. They are generally P3Droid, Chevy, and Slayher. If you want to test kernels, I would recommend getting a standard voltage 800 or 1000 from each and flash each one after a couple days of testing to see if you like it. After that, you can go with lower voltages or higher speeds until you learn what your phone can and cannot handle.

As for myself, I tend to stick with P3Droid (he also makes the Sapphire kernels) and generally try to utilize his 1000 MHz kernel on LV or SV. Sometimes, though, they won't always play nice with my phone (depending on the ROM) so I will go to another dev and look for a similar kernel.

12. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Alright, now on to the rom. I used to be a huge follower of Pete's, I would flash every one of his roms, but I've been on a CM6/7 binge recently... I saw this and figured id give it a whirl since I'm getting a vPhone in 2 weeks anyway.

I have to agree with the majority of posters and say the battery life is terrible. I normally get around 8-10hrs, with BB 6.2.1 I get about 5hrs!!! A huge dropoff.

Then a glaring error popped up, which was why I orignally stopped using BB... my RF-MAB2 headsets don't work properly with the rom. They work for phonecalls, but as soon as I stream music, it gets terribly choppy! I use my headphones literally all day, so this is STILL a deal-breaker for me.

Pete have you ever thought of using the CM source?
    While I haven't had luck with your recent builds, I appreciate the work you do. I'm not bashing your work to give myself any pleasure, I just want your BB to be as good as it was back in the Eclair days.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App