The Verizon Galaxy S III Bootloader Has Been Unlocked!!!

swc2001

Reaction score
Man that is Awesome!! People that have the SIII better donate their butts off to this guy!! :hail:

djsiva

Reaction score
I like Adam's quote in the bootloader unlock R&D thread:

Why not just buy a developer edition
GTFO! Not a single person got started developing by buying a developer phone. They started developing because they were unhappy with the features of their device and wanted something better. They wanted something more. This developer phone is a tax on developer innovation. We do not stand for that. We will break the security and we will enable XDA-Developers to do what they do best.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what happens when you try and raid people's wallets for what should be available to them in the first place.DancingNexus

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what happens when you try and raid people's wallets for what should be available to them in the first place.DancingNexus

Well I don't blame Sammy for the developer edition. I put the blame on Verizon. If Verizon didn't ask for the locked down version, Samsung just would have released an unlockable version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Good thing Samsung didn't call Moto and ask to use their unbreakable encryption!

Reaction score
What is better than coming home from Verizon after getting this phone and seeing this? nothing this is awesome.

also it is totally do-able on windows

[video=youtube;bj3VxiE1Ack]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3VxiE1Ack[/video]

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Still happy with my decision to drop Verizon and go back to AT&T even if I lost my unlimited data. I'm finding AT&Ts HSPA network to be pretty damn fast (10Mb down and about 8Mb up average). My cost is the same and I dont' run as high of a risk of bricking my phone.

But....YAY for all you Verizon folks!!

meishkov

Reaction score
Yup, it was Adam. His dedication to cracking this thing was unbelievable. I've never seen so many likes (or thanks at xda) on one single post. :)

Whoever (African-Canadian Sock Monkey? WTF is that?) leaked the bootloader deserves a big thanks as well. Someone at Sammy maybe?

I know I was trying to figure that out too. I got rid of my OG 16 days ago for an S3 and still haven't rooted, didn't check xda for a few days, then BAM, just like that. Tell u what tho, following that R&D locked bootloader thread that they started exclusively to unlock the bootloader, reading through that was starting to make my head turn into scrambled eggs. It was simply unbelievable. I had extreme disappointment when I first upgraded, goin to TouchWiz and all that, and I know about that kexec method to flash ROMs and what not, but I figured I'd just hold, knowing the kind of minds that we all had working towards unlocking the bootloader, it was only a matter of time before it got cracked. Man, what a slap in the face to Verizon, it's friggin awesome. What a glorious day in android history!!!:hail::biggrin::icon_ banana:

meishkov

Reaction score
I wonder why the thread over on XDA was locked.

Think Adam said he wanted to keep it preserved, so only important info would be in it. There was a new thread started related to it where all the discussion is goin down. Can't really blame him, there's some crazy info that's in there that doesn't need to get cluttered up on. I'm goin to bookmark that ish right now!!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I wish this would happen to the Droid 3... and the rest of Moto's lineup.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I wish this would happen to the Droid 3... and the rest of Moto's lineup.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Not gonna happen. Motolocked encryption has been out there since July 2010 and no one got close. Booooooooo!