The update is availible by pulling it NOW!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am confused by the references to version 5.5.893. my bionic says it is up to date and it has system version 5.7.893. what is the diff between 5.5 and 5.7?

Where did you get 5.7.893? OTA or installed yourself?

kamisan

Reaction score
Just got off a very long call with level 2 tech and they claim (at least where I am at) that the new 5.5.893 update will install over my 5.7.893, I was upfront about the turd of a phone I had and how it was not my fault I had to get leaked ota just to keep from throwing it in the garbage. They claimed the update will make me happy, I told them more than twice I was concerned I was off the update path but that it was their issue not mine. Well see.
Running 5.7.893 with Kin3tix 1.0

p.s. I do know about the non compatibility of 5.7.893... (as if I didnt know lol) and I did mention that and they did say if it didn't work to call back to level 2 with my ref #... I am not smoking crack, though my pipe dream is that they make it just work.. we will see. If they do I will see if I can download and not install, then pull it, then install it.. if it works that would be a workaround for the leaked ota issue. Probably wont work, but if it does... I will share.

Last edited:

jdsphone

Reaction score
It was some update that was sent from verizon to my phone i should have not updated my phone now my root don't work at all im trying to unroot now but im not having no luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dags5000

Reaction score
Just got off a very long call with level 2 tech and they claim (at least where I am at) that the new 5.5.893 update will install over my 5.7.893, I was upfront about the turd of a phone I had and how it was not my fault I had to get leaked ota just to keep from throwing it in the garbage. They claimed the update will make me happy, I told them more than twice I was concerned I was off the update path but that it was their issue not mine. Well see.
Running 5.7.893 with Kin3tix 1.0

The update is already out in the Wild and it will not work if you applied the leaked 5.7.893. I I already tried it as have many others. Have you the kernel mismatch makes it fail

kamisan

Reaction score
I am confused by the references to version 5.5.893. my bionic says it is up to date and it has system version 5.7.893. what is the diff between 5.5 and 5.7?

5.7 is leak, 5.5 is official .893 is current .886 is old.
5.7 has a kernel and radio that was not supposed to be out which is why the 5.5 update is failing, moto has to edit the pre-requisites before it will take. Which is my hope from the call I had with them today. Then again even level 2 techs sounded like morons and like they were reading a screen...

oxrock

Reaction score
Every time I get the following:
CONNECTION FAILED
In order to complete setup, you need a data connection.
You have the following choices:
* Setup a Wi-fi connectin (I'm already on Wi-Fi)
* Retry with current connection (I also have a strong 4G-LTE signal)
* Skip setup for now

No matter which one I choose, nothing happens.

No update for me?

System version: 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US

Android Version

One Click Rooted

jdsphone

Reaction score
If i do a factory reset will i need to reactivate my phone with verizon

jdsphone

Reaction score
I just did the reset and my root still not working i cant gain root axes to my phone i used petes root Tools one clik the update 5.5.893 stoped my root

linhtp411

Reaction score
I just checked a couple of hours ago and it still wasn't available yet.