The update is availible by pulling it NOW!

wehrwein

Reaction score
I hope this is true for everybody. I just did a check for update and it is available and it is down loading right now. It says that it is 5.5.893. Try it maybe you can download it also.

fzdan4256

Reaction score
Im downloading right now. God i hope it helps.....i live in michigan

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FriarWhently

Reaction score
The camera seems to focus quicker and there is no high-pitched headphone whine anymore. My data was 98% reliable previously, so I never had much beef with it. I'm satisfied.

OP
W

wehrwein

Reaction score
Okay.. There is is: "The software update was successful" "Your phone has been upgraded to 5.5.893.en.US version".

I guess we'll see how it goes.

I have been mostly concerned about the data dropouts. I bought the phone for the 4g LTE. With the dropouts, it has been completely useless at times. Hopefully this makes it better than the Droid Incredible 1 I had before. It was vary reliable with its 3g data connection.

Mike8016

Reaction score
What's does this update improve?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Trying it now. At first when I checked, it said update was available. Then I rebooted and check again and it found it.

What's wierd is I selected "download now" and for like 5 minutes that status bar didnt appear. Then I enabled wifi and it started downloading.. Anyway, we'll see if this works!

jughead75

Reaction score
I hope this is true for everybody. I just did a check for update and it is available and it is down loading right now. It says that it is 5.5.893. Try it maybe you can download it also.

Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now! Hope it was worth the wait........

adbloch

Reaction score
How well this work with a rooted Droid? Anyone tried it? Will having CWM be a problem? Sorry for asking dumb questions.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
How well this work with a rooted Droid? Anyone tried it? Will having CWM be a problem? Sorry for asking dumb questions.

Ill let you know in a bit. I rooted with Pete's motorola tools and then used the forever root method. Phone is bone stock except for being rooted. All bloat and everything still there.

Mine's on the Bionic eye right now.. Crossing fingers that it works and I keep root..

OP
W

wehrwein

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now! Hope it was worth the wait........

Sure thing. I joined this form as I became more and more concerned about my Bionic. The form has provided me plenty of info. I'm just trying to give back anything I can.

zirkdog

Reaction score
Trying it now. At first when I checked, it said update was available. Then I rebooted and check again and it found it.

What's wierd is I selected "download now" and for like 5 minutes that status bar didnt appear. Then I enabled wifi and it started downloading.. Anyway, we'll see if this works!

Only a cruel twist of irony would let something like a data drop prevent you from getting the update.:mad:

ETA: I got mine about an hour ago. 9:00 pacific, In North Idaho.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Hmm.. my update was successful.. looks like I lost root access though :(

Maybe I did the forever root thing wrong :(

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I got mine and it looks like I kept root as well.