The Unrootable Droid - PLEASE HELP ME!

OP
L

leutbneot

Reaction score
Haha - sorry

Yeah, I didn't realize that the author of that guide was also posting here in this thread until after I insulted your work, so sorry about that! I suppose it's all for the best, though... we both figured out the problem, the world keeps turning, and the guide goes through another revision and rooting gets a step easier for everyone in the future.

Also wanted to say, no apologies needed from anyone re: threadjacking or anything else, I took everything said in here in good faith and was genuinely appreciative that you guys would spend the time to help a stranger out. I'm really glad I finally got rooted and if I've somehow contributed to the overall community of Droid hacking with my idiocy (watch me fall down over and over so YOU don't have to!) then it was all time well spent.

Cheers, all.
dancedroid

OP
L

leutbneot

Reaction score
One more thing...

Why did you tell me to get rid of ROM Manager, just out of curiosity? It seems like a pretty decent way to manage this stuff, unless it's buggy as hell or something. I've seen lots of posts from people around here that use it. How do you re-theme / re-ROM / etc your phone?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You use SPRecovery or Clockwork recovery manually instead of a piece of software to do it for you. ROM Manager works fine for most people, but when it screws up it SCREWS UP. For example, a simple kernel flash could cost you recovery -- and how do you restore a backup if your phone can't handle the kernel and you can't get into recovery? Think about it.

OP
L

leutbneot

Reaction score
You use SPRecovery or Clockwork recovery manually instead of a piece of software to do it for you. ROM Manager works fine for most people, but when it screws up it SCREWS UP. For example, a simple kernel flash could cost you recovery -- and how do you restore a backup if your phone can't handle the kernel and you can't get into recovery? Think about it.

Fair enough, makes enough sense to me. Thanks.

titans1

Reaction score
excellent i am glad you got rooted.... i also waited for you but i was at work so jinda hard to watch:)