The Unfixable problem

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
so i was having problems with clockworkmod recovery (what else is new?) so i tried flashing alternate recovery and flashing back except when i tried flashing back it gave me an error so i said big deal ill use sprecovery so i reboot recovery do a back up and boot back up then i take all my old back ups from clockworkmod folder and put them in nandroid, back to recovery and advanced nandroid restore my old sapphire1.0 rom. it finishes restoring so i reboot my phone only it bootloops so i boot back into recovery but it takes me to clockworkmod recovery! which i now have no backups in...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
spr backups dont work in clockwork and vice versa. what do you want in the end? like finished product?

OP
N

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
i just want to get back to normal except i cant get my phone on to move any files and i dont have access to a computer that i can download rsd lite on (im at college the computers dont let you download software)

rooster.droid

Reaction score
Since you are now back with clockwork can't you just navigate to the nandroid folder and restore using the clockwork recovery?

droidman101

Reaction score
Ok, as long as you have a rom .zip on your sdcard you're fine
Wipe data and cache, go to install from sdcard, go to install from sdcard again, then navigate to your rom.zip and hit install, reboot and you'll be fine :)

droidman101

Reaction score
Oh and you probly checked on sprecovery to restore recovery, which is why it came back as cwm

droidman101

Reaction score
Oh and koushs server went down, which accounts for the clockworkmod not flashing in rom manager

OP
N

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
thought i had it fixed (i am able to try to apply a rom.zip) but ive tried it maybe 30 times and it wont take. and these rom.zips were made in clockworkmod which im still in
any other suggestions?

im fine with losing everything but only if thats what it takes

Last edited:

droidman101

Reaction score
thought i had it fixed (i am able to try to apply a rom.zip) but ive tried it maybe 30 times and it wont take. and these rom.zips were made in clockworkmod which im still in
any other suggestions?

im fine with losing everything but only if thats what it takes

No don't use the backups you made, if you used rom manager to download any rom go to clockworkmod->downloads and search there for it ;)
You might not have to lose data, but I suggest you do

droidman101

Reaction score
Ok, if you've downloaded ANY rom to sdcar that you've kept, try to install it by going to downloads

OP
N

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
i ended up having to go find another kid with a droid put my sd card in his phone download a rom onto it and put it back and loaded that but it finally worked thank you so much!