The Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 - Multiple Phones and Tablets - Link Added

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Been using this for a couple days and loving it. The honeybread theme is so nice and just like PE 5.0.x theme. UD is running so much smoother with the stock kernal and im getting great battery life. I think I found my GB rom to date! Thanks!¡

Sent from my Droid

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
Just downloaded, and it's running smoother than 3.1.1 was on my phone. One question, since I can't find where the setting is: The default home screen is apparently screen 5, but I want it to be screen 3. Where is the setting to change that option? Sorry in advance for the stupid question, but I just can't seem to find where that option is in this ROM.

EDIT: And, as I write that, I see that it's actually got seven screens now by default, instead of 5. Never mind, will just move stuff over.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I still have the 3g issue. Sometimes mine comes back, sometimes it doesn't and I have to go onto airplane mode. Not everyone is having this issue it seems though, we're just the unlucky ones.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Try doing a PRL update (*228). That used to make it come back faster for me. I've been doing it on all my GB roms for a while and 3G will return in around 6-10 seconds.

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
VERY nice update guys!!! i love the fact that all the themes are now listed in the theme section under the settings is awsome!!! now all thats left is for you to set up a more in depth theme manager like in MIUI and we'll all be set i think :p

or at least find a way to allow us to install sounds to our boot animations like miui allows you too! i just dont use miui anymore cuz it burns my batter and slows down so quickly but i really do love the overall look of the rom itself. so yah. in anycase those are just some thoughts on what you can do to improve ulti-droid GOOD LUCK GUYS! LOVE IT! <3333

isoDUB

Reaction score
can i upgade from UD 2.5.0 without deleting all my data? i have a ton of apps and i also like the way my droid i set up.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
can i upgade from UD 2.5.0 without deleting all my data? i have a ton of apps and i also like the way my droid i set up.

You can restore your apps and app data, but I would wipe data and cache without restoring system data. It has been known to give all kinds of crazy bugs on any GB rom.

Jammin!

isoDUB

Reaction score

You can restore your apps and app data, but I would wipe data and cache without restoring system data. It has been known to give all kinds of crazy bugs on any GB rom.

Jammin!

i use titanium right? i still haven't figured out how to use that app.. can you help?

also i've been trying to install this for afriend right now, but the progress bar never finishes and it says install from sdcard complete, and if i try to reboot i'm in a boot loop. help?

edit: got it working. how do i get the google apps to install? facebook, market, gmail, and others are gone and i need em asap! please help, thanks!

Last edited:

b-jammin21

Reaction score

Jammin!

i use titanium right? i still haven't figured out how to use that app.. can you help?

also i've been trying to install this for afriend right now, but the progress bar never finishes and it says install from sdcard complete, and if i try to reboot i'm in a boot loop. help?

edit: got it working. how do i get the google apps to install? facebook, market, gmail, and others are gone and i need em asap! please help, thanks!

Here's how I do it. There's other ways to do this and this might not be the "exact" or "right" way, but hey, it works for me.

1. Backup apps using titanium - I open titanium, hit menu > batch. Hit run for backup all user apps and system data (I do this just in case I ever need to restore EVERYTHING). Wait for it to finish.

2. Reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache. Go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache. Format system and boot (I think, its been a while since I wiped and formatted). Then, I install UD from the root of my sd card. Reboot.

3. I then sign into my google account on first boot. I let the market restore my apps. Once that has finished, I open titanium and hit menu > batch. Hit restore all apps with data. I make sure to check "data only" at the top. Then this is the part that gets tricky. I hit deselect all and usually weed through EVERYTHING here, and see which of my apps need to have data restored (these will be in WHITE). Anything in green I *usually* leave alone because those are system data that should not be restored from older versions. Green and white are the only colors of concern here, but mostly white, as I don't want to restore system data, only my apps that need some data to be restored. Then I run the restore.

After this, I usually have to go through my UD Settings and other system settings to manually set it back to the way I had it, but it doesn't take too long. However, at least this way, any important apps that needed to have data saved, did, and there's the elimintaion of bugs due to restoring of system data.

So anyways, that's the long and short for how I do it. I take no responsibility for any damage you do to your phone while trying this process, but it does work for me.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Jammin!

isoDUB

Reaction score

Jammin!

Here's how I do it. There's other ways to do this and this might not be the "exact" or "right" way, but hey, it works for me.

1. Backup apps using titanium - I open titanium, hit menu > batch. Hit run for backup all user apps and system data (I do this just in case I ever need to restore EVERYTHING). Wait for it to finish.

2. Reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache. Go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache. Format system and boot (I think, its been a while since I wiped and formatted). Then, I install UD from the root of my sd card. Reboot.

3. I then sign into my google account on first boot. I let the market restore my apps. Once that has finished, I open titanium and hit menu > batch. Hit restore all apps with data. I make sure to check "data only" at the top. Then this is the part that gets tricky. I hit deselect all and usually weed through EVERYTHING here, and see which of my apps need to have data restored (these will be in WHITE). Anything in green I *usually* leave alone because those are system data that should not be restored from older versions. Green and white are the only colors of concern here, but mostly white, as I don't want to restore system data, only my apps that need some data to be restored. Then I run the restore.

After this, I usually have to go through my UD Settings and other system settings to manually set it back to the way I had it, but it doesn't take too long. However, at least this way, any important apps that needed to have data saved, did, and there's the elimintaion of bugs due to restoring of system data.

So anyways, that's the long and short for how I do it. I take no responsibility for any damage you do to your phone while trying this process, but it does work for me.

Jammin!

how do i get the market? after i installed, the market wasn't anywhere in my app drawer. do i have to install using an update.zip or something?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

b-jammin21

Reaction score

Jammin!

how do i get the market? after i installed, the market wasn't anywhere in my app drawer. do i have to install using an update.zip or something?

No. After you sign into your google account on first boot after flashing the rom, the market should just be there, and your apps should auto-populate. Maybe try re-wiping data and cache and reinstalling the rom? Then sign into your google account first thing after first boot.

Jammin!

isoDUB

Reaction score

Jammin!

No. After you sign into your google account on first boot after flashing the rom, the market should just be there, and your apps should auto-populate. Maybe try re-wiping data and cache and reinstalling the rom? Then sign into your google account first thing after first boot.

Jammin!

oh i didn't sign in cause its my friends phone. thanks, i'll try it.

mxair2001

Reaction score
So after using this for a day (coming from 2.5) I am really loving it, except for a couple issues. I had tried 3.0 briefly as well but had to got back because I was having problems with missing text messages. People say they were sending me stuff but I never got it. I was hoping that got fixed by this release but alas I am still seeing it.

My other problem was with the app launcher. Whenever I press the app menu button it takes a good 15 seconds before all of my apps show up.

I am running OG Droid and wiped 3x installing. Looks like I am going to have to try something else though.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
^ Did you lock your messaging app in memory? I have not had any issues so far with texts. And for your app redraw problem. You can use a simple command in terminal....
Type su then hit enter
echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and hit enter
Reboot

wickedkae

Reaction score
Custom LED notifications still not working. Lights stay solid no matter what I set them to and I can not reset the LED either

allan1

Reaction score
My Apps aren't showing up in the market. I used TB to restore my apps and data.