The Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 - Multiple Phones and Tablets - Link Added

Lenster

Reaction score
Theme Changer

OK, I give up. I go to UD extras select themes, pick a thme and press install theme. I wait till the install animation disappears then go into my apps and select theme chooser. But when them chooser opens, the only theme it shows is the current and it says 1of1. What happened to the theme I just installed?

Len

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, I give up. I go to UD extras select themes, pick a thme and press install theme. I wait till the install animation disappears then go into my apps and select theme chooser. But when them chooser opens, the only theme it shows is the current and it says 1of1. What happened to the theme I just installed?

Len

most of the themes are available in the market, just download them from there and install. they'll appear in the theme chooser.

the ones that are not in the market will install through the UD settings...

just search for the theme name in the market.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
3.3.1.... Wth, now what?! LOL...

I love the fact that this project gets updated very often, but dang. This is crazy lol...

I'll flash to 3.3.1 when my battery is done calibrating.

how do you do battery calibration. is that like waiting to charge 100 then do wipe battery?

Correct. There's also a free battery calibration app in the market that deletes the batterystats.bin for you.

Newps

Reaction score
The issue I have with 3.3.0 is it always hangs on the red logo on a restart. Only way to get past it is to pull battery and try again. Always hangs same place. So the ROM works great on initial install until you need/want to reboot. Then you have to boot into recovery and restore another ROM. Any ideas?

Nausicaa

Reaction score
^Same it might be:
1. Stock kernel causes reboots
2. A combination of themes, showing battery, and changing the dial causes it to boot loop for me. Fixed with dalvik cache wipe or so I thought. It keeps looping and wiping cache helps a little, but it repeatedly messes up.

At least the market thing was fixed, USB didn't work until I reinstalled it. Now I know why people say wipe 3x.

This rom is missing the flashlight as well. I don't think its ready, or it needs a quick update.

Sorn

Reaction score
I just tried to install this on my INC. I forgot to wipe data and I got stuck on a looping logo. I booted into recovery and restored a prior nand backup i had of a previous custom rom and now I get stuck at the boot screen. I've tried factory reset/wipe data/restore a billion times and its not fixing it.

Im going to bring it back to verizon and get a new one. My question is this: Will I be able to root my new phone? Is this rom worth installing??? This has been a gigantic headache (i got the phone back literally less than 24 hours ago after going a month without using it because of a broken lcd....this effing SUCKS.)

I dont want to try to do this again and brick it again....then I will be SOL if I want another one = /

Sorn

Reaction score
I just tried to install this on my INC. I forgot to wipe data and I got stuck on a looping logo. I booted into recovery and restored a prior nand backup i had of a previous custom rom and now I get stuck at the boot screen. I've tried factory reset/wipe data/restore a billion times and its not fixing it.

Im going to bring it back to verizon and get a new one. My question is this: Will I be able to root my new phone? Is this rom worth installing??? This has been a gigantic headache (i got the phone back literally less than 24 hours ago after going a month without using it because of a broken lcd....this effing SUCKS.)

I dont want to try to do this again and brick it again....then I will be SOL if I want another one = /

YAY!!! Got a old-old-old nand backup that finally fixed it where the others would not! Reinstalled wiping before and after and it booted....long boot though :p Hopefully i'll enjoy this one :)

EDIT - SUPER NICE!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

Last edited:

ryan850

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with apps 'stopping unexpectedley'?

In the facebook app, whenever I try going to 'friends' or 'messages' it closes and displays a message that the app has stopped unexpectedley and that I must force close. I have had this happen in other apps as well.

Any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

I wiped cache/date 3x, tried reinstalling it, cleared delvik cache, fixed permissions, and nothing seems to work.

mikespe

Reaction score

In the facebook app, whenever I try going to 'friends' or 'messages' it closes and displays a message that the app has stopped unexpectedley and that I must force close. I have had this happen in other apps as well.

I wiped cache/date 3x, tried reinstalling it, cleared delvik cache, fixed permissions, and nothing seems to work.

If you have the newest version of facebook (I believe 1.5.3 is the version) it's the app that's the problem...not UD...read the reviews before updating...The stock FB app has never gotten high ratings to begin with but everyone is giving this version 1 star...LOL. I'm using Flow for Facebook right now & loving it!

Gracklor

Reaction score

If you have the newest version of facebook (I believe 1.5.3 is the version) it's the app that's the problem...not UD...read the reviews before updating...The stock FB app has never gotten high ratings to begin with but everyone is giving this version 1 star...LOL. I'm using Flow for Facebook right now & loving it!

I can confirm it's 1.5.3, not UD.

You know it's not a good sign when even the support email bounces.

seng12

Reaction score
LED flashlight notification widget

Is it me or the LED flashlight cant be selected under notification power widget in UD settings... TIA

jkloeckner

Reaction score
Battery life is unreal!

Great job to the entire UD team! Battery life has been unreal since i loaded this ROM. Last I checked, my battery lasted just over a day and a half with moderate usage. This has truly been one of the best gb ROMs out there!!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

pdog

Reaction score
hey my buddy installed UD about 5 months ago on my og droid but it has been force closing lately, he recommended to update to UD 3.3. i forgot how to install t to my fone. any suggestions

sandfreak

Reaction score
hey my buddy installed UD about 5 months ago on my og droid but it has been force closing lately, he recommended to update to UD 3.3. i forgot how to install t to my fone. any suggestions

download the file, move to sd card, back up any info or apps you need, reboot into recovery, wipe data and cach (i also format boot and system), find file on sd card and install.

that's a brief run through...i can be more specific if needed