The Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 - Multiple Phones and Tablets!! - Links Addded

r1nstang

Reaction score
any word on the Droid X version? I'm still only seeing the RC2 version for download.

illmatic636

Reaction score
ok, i'm a noob, I'll admit, so I'm probably just doing something wrong, but I keep getting installation aborted.

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == getprop(ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
E:Error in /sdcard/ultimate_sholes-ota-eng.blackdroid.3.1.1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Are you using RZR recovery? If so, you may need to charge to at least 30 %. If not, looks as if you have a bad download.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I just did a nandroid restore and what do you know? The CM notification came up on the top of my screen...................... Guess it has a few more CM parts in it then we thought.
Maybe it is based on CM. Only BD and CM know, but PE and LGB run pretty good. But maybe GS is the way to go. who knows, I'm just pissed I just broke my Gorilla Glass. Time for a new phone!

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just did a nandroid restore and what do you know? The CM notification came up on the top of my screen...................... Guess it has a few more CM parts in it then we thought.
Maybe it is based on CM. Only BD and CM know, but PE and LGB run pretty good. But maybe GS is the way to go. who knows, I'm just pissed I just broke my Gorilla Glass. Time for a new phone!

i will tell you this one time only before i have you banned from UD section, ITS NOT CM! read the change log in the rom before you open ur mouth! CM is credited for features used in the rom! that does not a make a rom CM based! So stop or ur outta this area and can stay with CM fanboys in the CM area. Dont reply cocky or anything bc it will result in ur removal from here. This is ur one and only warning on this matter.

update: and i already reported u to be banned if anymore cm junk is said here from you.

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I had heard something similar but just wanted to make sure. I went back to 2.5, which I love, but would still have liked to have been able to run GB. I need Pandora and my music though. :)

It sucks though, because I can't upgrade my phone again until November I think. :/

Thanx for the reply though.

interesting bc last night i was running pandora just fine. used it to show it off to someone actually. skipped, paused and regular playing was fine.

How long did you run it for? Like, it'll open and start playing a song but then it'll just stop play altogether and the same thing will happen with the other two music apps. Now, I can click on the Pandora notification thing where it shows the song info and Pandora will open, show that little circle thing and eventually start playing again.

Also, is there any way to tweak it so it won't kill pandora/etc...? I tried some app called auto memory manager, I think, that I had heard about but it didn't really seem to help.

i ran it for a few songs. ill run it now for awhile and see what happens.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sorry about your phone, but anymore comments indicating that UD is somehow using other peoples work and you may get not just banned from this thread, you may get a ban from the Forum.

illmatic636

Reaction score

Sorry about your phone, but anymore comments indicating that UD is somehow using other peoples work and you may get not just banned from this thread, you may get a ban from the Forum.

Understood Hook, but you guys are reading this all wrong.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Understood Hook, but you guys are reading this all wrong.
I read your comment, but you know how volatile that subject is. When it comes up we are going to make sure it's taken care of and quickly as well.

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I spoke with both gentleman and have resolved the issue. No more cm base junk or anything anymore people. Bc it will just become bans from ud area. Friendly stuff and no need to cause drama or problems. tired of seeing it happen in all these threads for no reason. you like another rom, go to there area and discuss it, not in the ud area. Just like ud users discuss ud here and not in others areas. Thank you.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Sorry about my post, I was just trying to make light of all the ridiculousness.
Raf, you probably saw it the other night on the shout when BD was releasing 3.1 I think and all of us were discussing it.
I hope I did not help stir anything up.
I think each dev makes a unique ROM, but I loves me some UD as it was the first custom that actually caused my head to explode.
You think I'm joking...just read some of my posts over the past year...I'll never be able to pick up all the pieces.
Sorry hook, and I call you this because your name is not Billiam.
thanks team UD
from team danceswithbongs...team of 1

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This rom is one of the best for me. Maybe the best so far! :) Everything is running so so good. I love it. Thanks so much! Been a while since I've donated. But this one definitely deserves one imho.

Sent from my Droidz

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This rom is one of the best for me. Maybe the best so far! :) Everything is running so so good. I love it. Thanks so much! Been a while since I've donated. But this one definitely deserves one imho.

Sent from my Droidz

Thanks for the support :)

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry about my post, I was just trying to make light of all the ridiculousness.
Raf, you probably saw it the other night on the shout when BD was releasing 3.1 I think and all of us were discussing it.
I hope I did not help stir anything up.
I think each dev makes a unique ROM, but I loves me some UD as it was the first custom that actually caused my head to explode.
You think I'm joking...just read some of my posts over the past year...I'll never be able to pick up all the pieces.
Sorry hook, and I call you this because your name is not Billiam.
thanks team UD
from team danceswithbongs...team of 1

Its all good. just tired of seeing people bash ud in here and boast cm, pe or liquid. keep it in each devs area is my only request. i run all these roms but in this area is only ud discussion.

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I had heard something similar but just wanted to make sure. I went back to 2.5, which I love, but would still have liked to have been able to run GB. I need Pandora and my music though. :)

It sucks though, because I can't upgrade my phone again until November I think. :/

Thanx for the reply though.

interesting bc last night i was running pandora just fine. used it to show it off to someone actually. skipped, paused and regular playing was fine.

How long did you run it for? Like, it'll open and start playing a song but then it'll just stop play altogether and the same thing will happen with the other two music apps. Now, I can click on the Pandora notification thing where it shows the song info and Pandora will open, show that little circle thing and eventually start playing again.

Also, is there any way to tweak it so it won't kill pandora/etc...? I tried some app called auto memory manager, I think, that I had heard about but it didn't really seem to help.

been running pandora for 30 min on my wifi in my media dock with no issues. how were u running it? let me know so i can keep testing. if on 3g it might be the fact there is a 3g hack to keep 3g on cdma phones currently. this is in all gb roms currently bc no source for a cdma phone has been released.

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
would love to toss it on my D1...but screen issues = no go...CMON Thunderbolt...I can't even pick calls up on it anymore, it's a glorified paper weight :(